November 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Skincare - Body - Philosophy - Holiday Rescue

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2005 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Astyra

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was quite disappointed with this set. Both the body souffle and the 3 in 1 smelled lovely, but the souffle dried my skin out and the 3 in 1 had a very weak scent with virtually no staying power, contrary to the bottle's claims. I would not repurchase either of these products separately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2004 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I hated the smell of the both! After using them I completely changed my mind! The hot cocoa smells like a tootsie roll (figured this out w/a little help from the mu form) but that is what it smells like. The marshmallow smells like a burnt marshmallow but some how it changes when you put it on to a sweet marshmallow smell. When you use the body wash and then put on the souffle I did smell like hot cocoa w/marshmallow. My DH said I smelled tasty!! I used this in my hair but I didn't blow dry it I just let it dry natural so the smell would stay in. When I woke up my hair still smelled yummy!
The souffle made my skin super soft and a little goes a long way! I feel myself getting addicted to this and that is bad because I am sure they are only carrying this for the holidays. :(
I might stock up!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2004 7:45:00 PM More reviews by tarahlynnc

I love this! The Double Hot Chocolate 3 in 1 smells so good...just like hot chocolate. I only use it as a body was, as most people do. The Melted Marshmallow lotion feels really thick and a little goes a long way. This smells great, too. My only complaint is that the scents don't last longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2004 12:02:00 AM More reviews by countesscocofang

I just purchased this set off of Sephora.com and I must say that it's very, very cool. It comes with an 8 oz bottle (half the size of regular 3-in-1s) of Double Rich Hot Cocoa, and a 3.5 oz (slightly more than a third of the regular size jar) Marshmallow Body Souffle.

This set costs about $25 US, and for that price, I am very not impressed. The 3-in-1s cost $16, the regular size body souffle costs $30. Half of $16 is $8, while 1/3 of $30 is $10. So, in theory, if everything added up mathematically like it should, this set should only be $18. However, it's $7 more than that. I think it should include at least $7 worth of more product.

However, not everything adds up mathematically (which is why Algebra is useless in the real world... don't let anyone tell you otherwise) and that's how we get what we get in this set. Now on to the real review! :)

The Double Rich Hot Cocoa smells DIVINE. Exactly like brownie batter. I swear, I want to eat it, but I would probably puke and die. The smell doesn't stay around after you use it though, but that's to be expected with 3-in-1s. The Marshmallow Souffle also smells DEELISH, like white chocolate, but it smells like regular cream when you put it on. Blah.

The main complaints are the price and the fact that these don't make you smell like a hot cup o' cocoa like I had wanted them to, but it's a great gift idea for anyone who loves winter-time treats such as chocolate caliente. continued >>