September 30, 2014 | 1928 users online

Blush - Kevyn Aucoin - The Pure Powder Glow in Shadore (Soft Pink)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Coconoire84

Beautiful packaging, beautiful maroon and gold pan, beautiful blusher but a horrid price for such little product! Its so tiny but i think with it being so pigmmented itll last a long time. So expensive yet it won't stop me repurchasing. I bought this on recommendation by Mario Dedivanovic (Kim kardashians MUA) as he uses this on KK and most of his celeb clients. It looks very bright and dolly like in the pan. You can use this blush very lightly for a flushed natural glow or as it fantastically pigmented you can really build this colour up. It's a gorgeous soft pink. My only negative about this product is when I swirl my brush in the pan it sometimes can crumble very slightly but nothing to get too fussy over. It feels and looks gorgeous so a great product but pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by jleelee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Couldn't recommend this more! I love this KA blush in Shadore. I've been using it for years and the compact seems to really last. I don't know if it's just me but my current one has lasted for 15 months and is still going.

The colour might be a bit intense for some but I find that it really makes my face pop, as I don't tend to wear much makeup except for blush, eyeliner and lip balm. It's more expensive than mac but I find this blush stays on my face longer than the mac ones.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by blackowlive

I love KA and wanted to love this blush, but it goes on too blotchy and uneven. Really unflattering. The color does pop but apparently (according to reviews here) there are some pretty good dupes out there of this shade of pink. I bet they apply more smoothly so I may check them out. Will not repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a brilliant work of blush art! For a long time I stalled on purchasing Shadore/Soft Pink-I have a million others and thought that it was enough like BB Pale Pink that I needn't bother. Was I WRONG! This is a perfect, sheer neutral pink on my MMM/GGG NC 37-40. It's a bit warmer than BB Pale Pink. Like GA blushes, it's very finely milled and sheer. Unlike the Armani pink shades, KA Shadore has no bronzey, silvery or brown tones and no shimmer. I find it much easier to blend than BB blushes. Kevyn Aucoin stated in his books that soft pink and apricot were his favorite universal blush colors--flattering to all skin tones. He really nailed this one. Its sometimes difficult for a MMM/GGG to pull off a flushed glow, but this is one of the very few blushes that REALLY makes me look like I'm a little flushed. I finally decided to purchase this because the KA line seems to be having manufacturing and distribution problems. Most products are currently unavailable on their website, and some major stores like Neiman Marcus have dropped the line. It would be a shame for KA to go out of business. It's a superb line. BTW, I ordered mine from Beauty.com. They still seem to have a pretty good stock. Some Sephora stores are still carrying the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am such a sheep. I saw that Kim Kardashian's make up artist used this on her and I had to get it. Plus I love girly pinky blushes. It's described as a soft pink and comes in a rectanglar slim burgendy case with a cresent style brush ( which is OK- works in a pinch, which makes it handy when I carry this around in my purse. ) I am about a NC35-C4, MUFE HD 123 for referance. I am really glad I got this. Even though it's the most expensive blush I have ever bought-$37!! I find it's well worth it. It's not super pigmented like some of NARS blushes but I find that it makes it easier to apply and looks more natural. It gives me a really pretty cool pink dolly flush. I find it really brightens up my face and give a nice glow. I wish I can get KA products locally- I want to try out other blushes but want to test it out first. $37 is too much money to gamble on. I got this based on MUA reviews and how awesome it looked on Kim Kardashian.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I got this thru the mail today, couldn't wait to open it, what the ..... the colour is a Barbie, bubble gum pink with a whitish cast, to my best description.
I soon settled down, knowing the quality of KA SSE, there must be more to this. I stroke a tiny amount, using the accompanied brush, on my forearm (a bit darker than my face). What do you know, a subtle peachy/pink shade.... on my NC 30 or SSE#8, a healthy, totally believable pink. Simply amazing.
Whats even better is, I order SSE#8, which is just a tad too yellow, but a swoosh of this pink blush on top, the yellow is being neutralized, a more livened look; matte, but not powdery, truly amazing. With the amount I am using, this compact's gonna last forever.
They should name this shade: Chameleon.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

I've had this color for years...I still have a lot left. I love the sleek, well made packaging. I love how soft and finely milled the powder is....the color pay off is great...I paid full price for all of my KA, but keep reading people that are buying at Nordstroms rack, etc....has his line been discountinued from many stores?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 9:28:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first received this, I was shocked that this color which was advertised as a "soft pink" looked very bright fushia, however, I used my skunk brush with a very light hand and this looks really pretty but still too bright on me --- I was previously using Chanel's Narcisse which I also used a light touch but my little ones noted one day that Narcisse made me look like a clown LOL, so I decided to try Shadore and so glad that I did, but still too bright on my cool coloring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by anniele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I almost swapped this one away! I had been looking for a light, true pink blush that could work on me for a long time - I didn't want anything nudey, or dusty, just pink. And I found it! After trying Cargo Catalina and Pout Pearly Queen, both of which looked awful on me, I was beginning to think that pink just wasn't for me, but Shadore saved the day! I LOVE the fine, fine, sheer and silky texture and how buildable it is, without EVER looking cakey, powdery or unnatural. It definitely imparts that "glowing from within" look. It looks very cool toned in the pan, but works very well with my tan, NC40 skin. I absolutely adore this blush and I reach for this more than any of my other 30+ blushes. It really works with whatever look you are going for - whether you are doing a natural, neutral face, or a glamorous night on the town look. I'm going to be very sad the day I finish this up - I was lucky enough to snap this up at 75% off when Nordstroms stopped carrying KA and sent their entire stock to the Rack. I should have stocked up on this color, but I didn't know at the time that I would like it so much :( But this blush is so amazing, that I would definitely pay full price for it - and I am CHEAP! haha. It lasts all day on my oily skin, too! So it's fabulous all around :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ranianed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I enjoy a NON GLITTERY blush. There is just so much shimmer in everything out there I have almost exclusively switched to this blush. I use it alone and sometimes in conjuction with the Kevyn Cream Moist Glow in Pravella. Together the staying power is unmatched by any blush ive used to date.