September 18, 2014 | 1015 users online

Lip Treatments - Lucas' Papaw Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by lazybeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The ultimate. Best lip balm that works. Best lip gloss on top of any lipstick.Best cuticle & nail ointment. Best thing to heal a cut or burn or patch of flaky, dry skin! You NEED one in your handbag/bathroom/bedside/desk/car everywhere. I am lost without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lahdeedah121

My lips get really chapped in the winter and sometimes they crack in the corner of my mouth and it'd take weeks to heal since the cut would open up every time I ate. Got this when my dentist recommended it, and the cut healed in 2 days!

I hate vaseline, but this doesn't feel as greasy on the lips. Definitely worth the buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by carmenwright

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by edwina22

I love this product so much ! I have the very dry and flaky lips but when I use this on them, it moisturizes them completely without needing to reapply constantly. 100 % recommend this product to anyone who needs lots of moisture in their lips !!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Scarlet39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I saw this at Ricky's NYC, I just had to try it. I've read so many articles in which Australian celebrities rave about this product, that I had to see for myself what the hype is about. I've been using it on my cuticles, and it is amazing! No matter what I do, I get the most unsightly cuticles, and now that it's summer and I'm only using Dior Nail Glow on my hands, every imperfection shows. This product has really made a difference in the way my nails look. I only started out by buying the tube, but I'm going to buy one more (to keep in my purse) and also get the tub for home use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Rubyclue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As everyone knows, this product is amazing. I'm writing to review the new lipgloss dispenser they've released. It's the perfect pocket sized edition (the original was much too big), but for the same great price and of course the same flawless formula. Just as I was getting ready to branch out to something else because the application process with the old packaging was unsanitary, I came across this! Will be buying as long as they make this, perfect lip balm and great on dermatitis

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by beautyhannah1

Absolute magic.
NOTE: The best eye-cream money can buy - any age.
This product can fix almost anything! From chapped lips, acne to third degree burns.
I suffered from a bad burn on my hand one day from boiling water and my mum rubbed (although it hurt so much) PawPaw all over my hand, I was crying in pain but within an hour - my whole hand had gone down in size and had started healing.
I also have problem skin and various products to prevent pimples dry my skin out completely, I use PawPaw all over my face before bed and wake up in the morning with AH-mazing skin. Not only is it soft as a baby's bottom, but my spots go down, I never have dark circles or bags and all redness is gone.
I recommend this as basically an essential for every girl/woman.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I desperately needed something for my accutane-chapped lips, so purchased this after reading all the great reviews. (I also thought it may help with the cracking I got on the side of my lip, but I found out this is in fact angular cheilitis, and only an anti-fungal or anti-bacterial will help with that.) Anyway, I purchased a 15g, slanted-tip-applicator tube of Lucas Papaw for $12 on amazon (which seems ridiculous for a lip balm, but I had also previously purchased the Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm for $24, so in comparison, $12 wasn't too bad :P). The first thing I did was smell it b/c of the negative remarks I had read.. some people described it as fermented papaya, others said it smelled milky. To me, it smells EXACTLY like Trader Joe's coconut milk vanilla yogurt.. no joke, they smell identical! In regards to the consistency, it's a very thick jelly that's slightly milky in color, and feels neither sticky nor slippery. It applies quite thick, and leaves my lips looking plump and supple with a subtle sheen. It works better at moisturizing than the regular Vaseline I was using, but I don't know if it's quite HG status for my desert-dry lips. I like the cap in that it's textured and has ridges so it's easier to manipulate. However, I'm used to (un)screwing caps that have more threading so you have to do another 1/2-1 rotation before the cap comes off/is tightened. However, this 15g tube doesn't have much threading, so I end up turning the cap more than necessary, which results in a constant dropping of the cap (this is wholly my issue and I'm probably the only one in the world who encounters this problem, but I'm just letting people know ;P). Otherwise, I generally like this product, and would most likely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by kaylakellii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

MAGIC. I have gone through so many tubs and lip tubes of this product! My saviour salve! One of the best and most long lasting moisturisers for the lips I have ever encountered. Note: only a tiny amount is needed or else your lips will feel too coated. Fantastic to pop on as a soother for rashes, blemishes, cuts, grazes etc. Highly recommend this wonderful Queensland product! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Heelsblog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is a must have for everyone, it is really good value for the money that you pay and is super nourishing for your lips. I also use this on mosquito bites and it actually works!
I am not too keen on the smell of the product which would be my only complaint on it.
I have a few as I find them easy to lose and love to have it with me.
Check out my other reviews on my blog =]
heelsssss.blogspot.com