Lucas' Papaw Ointment

4.5

Fermented Fresh PawPaw Fruit, Rhus Succedanea Wax, Glycerine, Petrolatum, Canola Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, Corn Starch, Potassium Sorbate (0.1 mg/g - preservative

on 2/23/2015 10:39:00 PM

I just received this in the mail today after ordering from Beautylish and I can already attest to how magical it is. I immediately dabbed a small amount on a couple of huge, hormonal zits I had and a couple of hours later they are nearly invisible. I'm sure there are specific products that do just as good of a job for each specific thing this does , but as a universal product this is amazing. I bought 2 tubes , one for home and one for my car. I'm excited to see how this does in the summer time with insect bites and sun burns (hopefully there won't be many lol). Great miracle product !

on 2/20/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I originally brought this hoping it would be my HG lip product. At first, I loved it except for the fact that I bought it in the tubes and the opening once you pop the seal leaves rough plastic. Then I realized that it doesn't have great staying power. It works great to help slough the dead, dry skin but it doesn't stay on through the night or even thought a long day at work. For that, I have to use some lanolin. Now if I could only be more consistent with the Pawpaw and the lanolin, I'd be set. However, I'm too much of a product junkie to stop trying all kinds of other lip products.

I will continue to use it to get the dry skin off and I've used it on little cuts, burns, and scrapes with good results.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as a gift last Christmas. I initially thought it was a lip balm, so I didn't open it since I was still using another lip balm at the time. So one day, while on my way to work, I wanted to use hand cream but realized that I didn't bring any. I saw this ointment in the hand cream section of a nearby store and decided to give it a try. The one thing I love is the non-sticky and non-greasy texture. It absorbs very quickly, and I can go on for quite a while without re-applying (even after washing my hands). I read the ingredients and noticed it contains petroleum, but I'm not too worried about that since I only use a small amount each time. Overall, this is a multi-purpose ointment, and it's definitely worth purchasing.

on 2/2/2015 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

So.. it's basically Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream without the nasty smell or the colour (or the price...).. The consistency is similar to most petroleum products, with a slightly milky smell thatís not at all unpleasant.

I primarily use this on my very chapped lips and sores in the corner of my lips. When exfoliating my lips, I use a disposable mascara wand (you can buy them in bulk on eBay) with the papaw ointment and it always works a treat. It seals in moisture while the papaw banishes annoying irritated, chapped skin. I also use this on my dry cuticles too, always does the trick.

It's super cheap too! I bought mine online for Ä5..what's not to love? I always carry this in my handbag now.

on 1/29/2015 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I originally bought this product to use on dry lips (thank you Melbourne winters!). It works a treat - no complaints here! I rate it highly as a no-frills lip balm.

As good as it was as a treatment for dry, chapped lips, the reason why I'm writing this review is because it has worked miracles on a different part of my body.

A few months ago, I developed really dry, flaky, red and itchy skin on my wedding ring finger. I suspect this was because I was wearing my wedding rings every day and not drying the skin thoroughly enough after I washed my hands so water, soap and gunk was getting trapped under my jewelry.

My husband suggested I go see the pharmacist who would most likely recommend a topical steroid cream. The night before I was going to go, I saw the Papaw ointment sitting there and I thought "Why not", and I had previously seen lots of posts about the numerous ways people have used this ointment on myriad skin problems with great success. So i rubbed a little bit on to the affected area on my finger and went to sleep.

The next morning, the difference was significant. My skin was about 3 shades lighter - no longer angry red but just a light pink. The flakiness had nearly disappeared. It did not itch at all. For the next couple of days, I had a break from wearing my wedding rings and applied the Papaw ointment after each time I washed and dried my hands and each night before bed. After three or four days of consistent application, I'd say the skin has completely recovered.

I will keep applying it to my finger for a little while longer just to maintain the results. So I'd highly recommend this product as a lip balm and as a soothing treatment for dry, flaky, itchy patches of skin!!

on 12/11/2014 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been suffering with chronic dry, chapped lips for the last few years. I tried every product for chapped lips that I could find but nothing made a difference. With the great reviews from MUA I finally sent away for this product on Amazon. This product is the first one that actually managed to stay on my lips over night and make a real difference. I bought the 25g weight container and then made a few small jars that I keep everywhere - in my purse, in a drawer at work, in the car, etc. If you have dry lips and nothing seems to help, give this product a try. I will rebuy this product (probably the smaller size now that it is available) as soon as I come close to getting low on supply.

on 11/1/2014 6:33:00 PM

i've been obsessed with this product since coming across it in australia years ago. it stays on (i wear it every night) without any tackiness or shine. the tube is kind of large, i wish it came in a smaller size to put in my bag. the tub, which is lasting me years, is great although i don't really love dipping my finger into product. the only thing is it contains petroleum. although the website says it's safe, i have to wonder.

on 10/21/2014 2:53:00 AM

Cult favorite lip balm and overall balm for dry areas in your body
Excellent emollient nice smell and good value. Will re-purchase

on 10/9/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I need to give thanks to the papaw gods for this product. I have perpetually dry lips no matter what I use and this helped a lot. I've also used it for insect bites and post-treatment for allergic reactions (after the usual meds and cortisone creams). It's amazing.

on 8/27/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The ultimate. Best lip balm that works. Best lip gloss on top of any lipstick.Best cuticle & nail ointment. Best thing to heal a cut or burn or patch of flaky, dry skin! You NEED one in your handbag/bathroom/bedside/desk/car everywhere. I am lost without it!

Popular Lip Treatments