October 22, 2014 | 1502 users online

Blush - Stila - Poppy Convertible Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

This has been in countless magazines over the last ten years. I think Stila was one of the first brands to create a multi- purpose product, and a compact that is the same tint as the product inside. I chose Poppy because it's the most versatile for my style. This gives a beautiful flush to your cheeks and red rose lips on the go. Love the name, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Add me to the list of believers. A SA suggested it, I cringed, but it is by far the most flattering blush I own. Plus the CCs last longer than any other cream blush I've tried. I'm NC35ish for reference, brown eyes and hair. It's a gorgeous, sheer color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by isabellanotte

I've seen that a lot of theses reviews suggest it for fair skinned girls, but I have Hispanic and Middle Eastern heritage, and predictably olive skin, and this is the best blush for my skin that I've found. It's exactly that flattering color that happens when you're endearingly embarrassed by friends or just came in from the cold. Like a healthy, fresh glow, kinda girl next door. More of a winter product, and not really 'glowy' but flattering. Also doesn't break me out or clog pores, gorgeous packaging. I have a bit of trouble blending, you have to do it fast while the product is warm and before it sets. Great color, and not bad value for price

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by biancab16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As mentioned by most reviewers here, this is a gorgeous colour if you have pale skin. I am very pale and I reach for this almost every day. You get a beautiful 'Snow White' look - just amazing.

Use sparingly, the pigmentation is very high - which is a plus as this compact should last a really long time.

Of all the cream blushes I've used, Stila's are amongst my favourites. The colour pay off is amazing and the staying power is good. For me I can get away with this for a whole work day, so about 11h from when I put this on in the morning. I find that with my oily skin I need to blot during the day, but the colour still remains and looks nice and fresh, not too dewy.

I apply this either with my ring finger or a dense face/stippling brush. This blends easily as well so if you make a mistake, keep blending!

I also have the colour Lilium, which is another one of my favourites.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by juliahowse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just repurchased this product. I agree with one of the posters above, it is great for women with pale skin - it gives a really natural flush. The colour is pretty, looks great on lips too, and the product is easy to apply. Stila was not available in the UK for a while and I am so glad it's back!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pro: color is gorgeous and flattering on most skin tones; cream blush is easy to apply; amount in compact literally lasts forever

Cons: price is expensive; not very long wearing, even with a primer (need a couple touch up during day); NOT AT ALL appropriate for lips as the formula is 1. waaaay too drying 2. the absolute worse color to put on lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love these. I have poppy, gladiola and rose. They are fab used as a cream blush for a natural look, and also wear well as a glossy lip colour.

Poppy is such a lovely colour. I love red lippy, but sometimes it's a bit too much for daytime wear. This is lovely though. It gives a proper red - not pink - colour, with a little bit of gloss (think balm rather than gloss) and is easy to reapply. I particularly like using it when I want dramatic eyes and red lippy but don't want to have that all-out glamour look.

I love the cute compact it comes in too. I'ts fairly pricey, but for the amount of time it lasts for it works out cheap in the long run. Highly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by bett

This color has to be used sparingly or else it is like a clown red on the cheeks. I tried to like it based on the recommendation of an MUAer. I saved it for my daughter's halloween costume makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by crees

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pale girls! You should give this a try! It's gorgeous on pale skin (I'm about NC10-15). A nice, healthy, youthful flush (sparingly applied of course). I love the consistency. I use it on my lips too, sometimes. I love the little compact it comes in. Cute concept, and an effective product. Apply over cream foundation or TM for best results. Looks far more natural to me than powder blush. I have a collection of HE cream blushes and this is one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by citygirl123

I bought this color specifically for when I want to wear a red lip. I feel like when I go red with my lips, my face easily looks washed out, and I really wanted a cheek color that complimented the red lips without looking over done. Poppy was the perfect solution.

The only downside, I've found, to the Stila CC's, is that they're hard to blend (for me, anyway). I've found the best method with a small duo-fiber cheek or highlighter brush with a stippeling motion. If I use my fingers, it ends up being a huge mess of my cheeks, but the duo fiber brushes seem to work okay (it does take a bit of time, for me, to get it right, though).

However, the color is gorgeous and buildable. Poppy gives you the pretties flush on your cheeks, and it's perfect for balancing out a red lip. I mean, you can wear it with any kind of make-up, and it still looks amazing - I just tend to reach for this the most when I have a red lip on. It also has a lot of staying power. I never feel like it fades during the day (I can't attest to wear of more than 8-ish hours, though).

Overall, really like this product.