August 20, 2014 | 1486 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Woodwinked

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite MAC eyeshadows.

I don't need a crease color, or any other eyeshadow color with it, it's beautiful on its own. I'm half Chinese (NC30, yellow undertones, light brown eyes) and it compliments it beautifully. It provides definition to my eyes. I usually apply all over the lid and blend it and then use a pencil brush to apply underneath. Sultry, defined eyes in an instant. I can't even describe the color because some days I think it's a bronze, or then it looks like a deep gold or then like a bronzey gold.

Also, whenever I'm wearing this one, I receive a huge amount of compliments and people take a double look.

All Time Favorite!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Cranberrydoesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall
Um... AMAZING! Perfect for any skin tone, age, eye colour, whatever, wood winked will look stunning on you! I would definitely recommend you to try it on with a mac 219 brush or something similar to it to just brush on a light gold, bronzish shimmer all over your lids for some definition but you could also pack it on your lids with a dense shadow brush! I find it pairs beautifully above the Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze colour tattoo!!

Pros:
-Easily blendible
-Pigmented
-Great packaging, I love the mac eyeshadow system
-Pairs easily with other colours
-Flatters absolutely anyone
-I have had no shadow fall out so far

Cons:
-Expensive, although I think the price is justifiable for the product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

1 of my fave eyeshadows, this is almost beige on me, looks good w a nice MAC nude lippie like Blankety or Hug Me for a low key cute look. I needed a good brown eyeshadow & this fits the bill perfectly. I am NC15. The SA picked it out for me & I can see where this would be a cult classic. I love this eyeshadow!! It's very versatile & goes w about any lippie thou. The quality is great, long wearing & easily blends. Day or night time, just a good useful thing to have in ur makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by lupitastar07

I have amber eyes and am 30-5 NC, I always get compliments on my eye color whenever I wear this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by misanders

YouTube made me do it! I bought this because of video's I'd seen. Tried it so many times I'm half way through it. I've just decided it's not for me. I have brown eyes and it just doesn't do much for me. In fact if I wear this alone blending out the edges, even with eyeliner, I look sick. All those videos I watched were for blue, green or hazel eyes. Another negative is this is one Mac shadow that creases on me. I always have to go back in the middle of the day and blend it out. What I will use it for now is a touch on the middle of my eyelid over other shadows.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mtack

Not a good color for brown eyes and yellow undertones. Looks orange on me...and it supposed to be gold? no, no, plain orange. If you have yellow undertones stay away from woodwinked and bronze.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by chelseaxo

LOVE this eye shadow. The pigmentation is spot on, and with blue eyes the orange, bronze undertones make your eyes pop. Despite it not being a typical 'neutral' shadow I still find it very wearable. It's really nice in the crease, or all over the lid and blended out to create a subtle smokey eye. Would highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Laura41

I really didn't like this eyeshadow on my fair skin and blue eyes. I tried so many different combinations but just couldn't get it to work - it always looked garishly orange. In the end I sold it. It's really blend able and I can see how it would look gorgeous on the right colouring. I'm staying away from yellow based golds in future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by yoki88

after searching of everyday nude eyeshadow after my limited edition smashbox eyelights in beam, i ordered mac woodwinked online and just arrived today,i disappointed when i saw it,its darker than i thought ,but after trying it i found all i want in this eyeshadow its highly pigmented from the first layer,and i can put it in the morning alone with black or brown eyeliner and in night with some brown or black in edges,the colour like bronze or gold with brown undertones its not greyish or yellowish,it goes perfect with my dark green eyes,i love it and i will buy again and again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by darkangel13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Its kinda funny how things that work out amazingly for some people are mediocre in my book and things that other people dislike I really love. I bought Woodwinked mostly because its a MAC cult classic eyeshadow... and I had money to burn lol. I have to say I'm surprised at how many reviews there are saying that this e\s is orangey and unflattering on fair skin tones. I have very fair skin and so far I think Woodwinked is phenomenal! I do detect a hint of warmth that isn't apparent in the pan but honestly I think it looks even better on the lids than in the pan. I just don't see the garish orangeyness that people are talking about? Lol. Woodwinked is a gorgeous warm antiqued golden bronze. Its NOT a classic yellowy gold. I can see this looking amazing with a dark brown like Handwritten or Mystery in the crease paired up with a black liner on top and Teddy eye kohl on the lower lashline. Oh god... makeup orgasm alert! ;)

EDIT: Sorry guys, false alarm. I returned it. I started to see what other reviewers were saying about this looking a bit too warm and orangey on fair skin tones (at least as a lid color). Swapped it for All That Glitters which is much more suitable for my coloring.