September 21, 2014 | 1169 users online

Palettes - Laura Mercier - Le Weekend

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by northender

OVERALL
This durable silver palette contains a two matte eye shadows, one shimmer, eye shadow, two matte blushes, a subtly shimmer bronzer, and a large high quality mirror. It's a perfect combination of warm, subtle neutrals. I think it's more of a work week than a weekend palette as I like to get more experimental during the weekend, especially when I go away! I swapped for it and have no idea how much it cost but it's a really nice basic palette. I wouldn't necessarily buy it again but I am definitely buying the rose eye shadow.

EYE COLORS: Three small pans of 1) buttercream - a warm matte ivory 2) rose - shimmery dusty rose and 3) coffee ground - dark matte brown. I like how LM mixes mattes and shimmers in her palettes so although you just have three colors, you can do a variety of things. For a neutral day look, you can use buttercream on the lid, rose in the crease, and line with the matte. Or you can use buttercream as a base, rose on the lid, and use the dark color to contour and line. Use the dark color wet for more drama. The star in this palette is the rose color - it is nice enough that I'm going to spring for a single. It is gorgeous and complex, shimmery without being glittery, and really makes your lids glow.

CHEEK: The Bronzing Powder is a medium-dark shimmery powder - nothing special but nice for contouring. You can alo use it as a shadow if you want. The two blushes are rose petal (matte coral pink) and wild bouquet (neutral brown with very slight shimmer). Again, I like how LM mixes up matte and shimmer. You can contour with the wild bouquet or use it as a subtle blush. The rose petal blush is very basic as well but inoffensive. I find it hard to pick the product up on my brushes - since the pans are so small, the blush pans in particular, you really need a good travel brush to pick up the color and I generally don't like using short handled blush brushes. So, I would have preferred two large pans (maybe the rose petal blush and the bronzer).

On a side note, Fresh introduced an island reverie palette for Spring 2008 with the exact same color combination, minus the wild bouquet blush. I saw it quickly and the LM shadows, especially the rose, are much more interesting than the Fresh ones. So getting this killed my lemming for the Fresh palette - which is always good.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2001 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Ingrid

Great wearable colors. The bronzer is nice as well Colors stay on and blend well. I just did not find myself turning to this too much so I wouldn't get it again.