La Roche Posay Effaclar A.I.

3.8

AQUA / WATER CYCLOHEXASILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE PROPYLENE GLYCOL ISOHEXADECANE NIACINAMIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE CETYL ALCOHOL ARGILLA / MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE CARBOMER SODIUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID CITRIC ACID XANTHAN GUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SALICYLIC ACID IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE PIROCTONE OLAMINE PARFUM / FRAGRANCE Last update : 09/2009

on 6/23/2015 7:32:00 AM

Amazing product! The only Benzoyl Peroxide product that is effective without drying out and irritating my skin. Works like a miracle stopping breakouts in their tracks. I've seen results after just one use and have already gone through 10 tubes!

The only thing i wish is that they made it in bigger tubes.

A bit pricey but worth every penny

on 6/23/2015 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have a huge acne spot near my temple, it was very red with big whiteheads and bumps under the surface. This little tube cleared it all! now I only have some scars left but i know they Will disappear with time. i love this little miracle worker.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazingly effective. Never tried anything better.

on 12/13/2014 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product, especially because I can use it under make up without any negative consequences. At times, my skin is acne prone and this product really helps to avoid the awkward stages of a pimple growing into a huge mass. I think the fact that this product rubs into the skin and essentially disappears helps to seal the product into the affected area.

I don't use this product too much, as it's expensive, but my skin also goes through long phases of being really clear. I think this product really helps for breakouts that are a couple of pimples deep. When I get spots, I can usually just leave them alone and they'll clear up. I have a suspicion that this product actually helped my face clear up and since using this product intensively, I've had clear skin for the last few months.

My mother and sister both use La Roche Posay's skin care lines and my mom especially loves it for her older and very oily skin. My sister has sensitive skin and she likes Effaclar Duo rather than this one. I've tried both, and both have worked on me, though I like Effaclar A.I. better because it rubs into my skin and feels more creamy to me.

I think the difference in opinion may have to do with the types of skin that people have. This product works well for me but I only have occasional break-outs. When I do, I have them for a couple of weeks at a time and then my skin calms down again. I use this product under my make up religiously while I have breakouts, since I think the barrier between the pimples and make up help to give any breakouts time to heal and also protect them from bacteria.

I can't say how this works for oily skin, but my mother and sister both like Effaclar Duo better than this, and they have oily and sensitive skin. If you can get a sample, try that before purchasing. If not, then do some research and see if either product might make your skin more sensitive. I like products with salicylic acid, and this product has it. That might also be something to take into account. If salicylic acid works for your skin, then chances are, this will too.

on 10/25/2014 7:07:00 AM

From effaclar range this is the worst, it doesn't do anything to my spots. Waste of money

I think this is a very good product for local treatment. I find it works very well in treating acne.
However, you should keep in mind that it does not do much for severe acne problems. I had significant problems with adult acne and treated it with dermatologist prescription lotions for about 2 years until it stabilized. During that period, I did not notice any significant effect of this product, but nowadays, when I am in the "maintenance" phase with occasional break-outs, this is very efficient for faster healing. It is also helpful when you cannot restrain yourself from picking on some black/whiteheads, as it calms the area and helps you not make things worse.
The only negative thing I can say about this product is about the packaging: I find that when the product is almost full, it dispenses more that you need, so it supports waiste; however, as you only need the tiniest bit, you still need a very long time until you use it up.

on 9/7/2014 3:32:00 AM

I'm a fan of most of the Effaclar range, but not of this. I find if you put it on a spot it doesn't let the spot come to a head. Instead I'm left with a huge lump under my skin that no matter how much I squeeze, it won't pop (sorry for being gross). This lump then remains there for ages. I'm actually afraid to use it on spots now as iv been left with a good few boil type spots from it. I know popping spots can leave scars but I find once they pop they die down and go away. I'd rather that then have these 'dead' lumps under my skin.
Effaclar duo plus is great though.

on 3/26/2014 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Love this stuff! So far this has been the best spot treatment i have found! It works best on spots that u can tell are going to pop up in the early stages and weirdly it does stop it from forming into a spot.. It does work on existing spots however takes a few days to heal them. I will continue to purchase as this has been the only spot cream i have found that actually works! If i find anything better ill update but so far this is my go to when i have a breakout! Great for overnight use!

on 3/23/2014 3:11:00 PM

Bit 'meh'. I used it on spots on my face and it did very little. I am now slathering it on ingrown hairs so as to use it up. I will not repurchase.

on 3/16/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First, I would like to say that I (now) use this once a day as a preventive treatment.
I used to have blemishes every day, 1 to 3 at a time, all around my chin and since I started using this preventively I'm blemishes free, for real! It did what no other product could and I've tried almost everything, even I'm confused on how can this "cure" my acne problem with no side effects (it doesn't dry out the skin were I put it). I always keep 2 or 3 extra packages of this just in case they discontinue it.

Popular Face Skincare Products