September 23, 2014 | 1778 users online

Skincare - Face - La Roche Posay - Effaclar A.I.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Alacoque

I'm a fan of most of the Effaclar range, but not of this. I find if you put it on a spot it doesn't let the spot come to a head. Instead I'm left with a huge lump under my skin that no matter how much I squeeze, it won't pop (sorry for being gross). This lump then remains there for ages. I'm actually afraid to use it on spots now as iv been left with a good few boil type spots from it. I know popping spots can leave scars but I find once they pop they die down and go away. I'd rather that then have these 'dead' lumps under my skin.
Effaclar duo plus is great though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! So far this has been the best spot treatment i have found! It works best on spots that u can tell are going to pop up in the early stages and weirdly it does stop it from forming into a spot.. It does work on existing spots however takes a few days to heal them. I will continue to purchase as this has been the only spot cream i have found that actually works! If i find anything better ill update but so far this is my go to when i have a breakout! Great for overnight use!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Bit 'meh'. I used it on spots on my face and it did very little. I am now slathering it on ingrown hairs so as to use it up. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First, I would like to say that I (now) use this once a day as a preventive treatment.
I used to have blemishes every day, 1 to 3 at a time, all around my chin and since I started using this preventively I'm blemishes free, for real! It did what no other product could and I've tried almost everything, even I'm confused on how can this "cure" my acne problem with no side effects (it doesn't dry out the skin were I put it). I always keep 2 or 3 extra packages of this just in case they discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by pratty01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

OHHH MY GOD AMAAAAAAZZIINNGGG!!!!!

I wore heavy makeup the whole of yesterday and i used so many products that i cant really guess which one caused me to break out. at the end of the night when i took off my makeup i noticed a huge red pimple on my left cheek, it was painful to touch and sore. i have a photoshoot today, so obviously i was freaked out as hell.

i use effaclar duo under my moisturiser whenever my skin feels like it may breakout. so last night i did the same and i spot treated with A.I. on top of my moituriser. i woke up and the pimple is almost gone, i mean, i can still see it but its almost flat enough for me to cover with foundation (dont think i'll even need a concealer, seriously, that goood!!!).

i have had this product for a while and i have used it off an on but i guess i have never really bothered to keep track of what its doing, but after this experience i think its safe to say this is gonna be my HG spot treatment for pimples. it didnt dry out my skin or mak my skin flake, just gone? how is that even possible? if i had known i would have clicked a before and after for proof but i think after a couple more nights with it i dont think there will be any proof of a before to tell.

i guess it also helped that i treated the problem as soon as it appeared, and so i think that's what i would reccommend. pop this one one as soon as you see something popping or somethink lurking just below the surface and watch this magician do its trick. no more fancy stuff for me. simple, cheap products sometimes work wonders. my faith is restored.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by MzHoneyB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been very please with this purchase. It is highly concentrated- a little goes a long way. I purchased it for bumps and blackheads i can feel but cannot see or remove myself. I also have a blocked pore on my cheek that has been there for ages but i can never seem to get a facialist that can remove it or do anything with it really without recommending that i use hard chemical peels or micro--BUT! This product has visibly reduced all spots/bumps in just four days and i have been dabbing the residue on my nose and it has been keeping blackheads at bay.

It just affirms for me that the French know what they are doing when it comes to skincare and that LRP is a great line for most skin ailments! Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by confessionsofanurse

This product has grown on me over the last 18 months and I now can't live without it. I have very fair sensitive skin which prior to using LRP was blemish prone, and no matter what I tried nothing would help clear my skin.
Literally I think I've tried most brands on the market apart from prescription medication and spent hundreds of pounds on products that are a waste of time and money!! I got to the point where I had no choice but to wear full coverage makeup everyday which brought my self esteem down to zero.
I'd heard great reviews about Effaclar duo from the blogging world so decided to try it out and was really pleased with the results so bought the Effaclar AI and a few other LRP products to try for targeted blemish control. The formulation itself is very light and a cream texture unlike most of the gel based products on the market. It has little/no fragrance and you just apply to blemishes or to congested areas of your skin. It doesn't have the usual cold/tingly feeling from other treatments I'd tried and I had no irritation whatsoever.
Initially I didn't really see any improvement from using this product but in the last 9 months I have rediscovered it and its helped my skin 100%. I no longer get any visible red, sore blemishes on my face whatsoever. If I feel the start of a blemish happening I put the cream on straight away and by morning its gone. Literally as easy as that- no kidding its amazing!! I use the cream every night sparingly in areas where I previously used to break out as a preventative which has worked beautifully.
I think when I first started using this product I was using wayyyy too many blemish/acne fighting treatments/creams/toners etc and it was just too much for my skin. I was using the Effaclar face wash and toner which all contained the same ingredient Niacinamide which is great for treating acne/blemishes but it has to be in the right amount to get the best results. My advice would be to use the Effaclar AI alongside the effaclar duo as your daily moisturiser and blemish/acne treatment. For face wash, toner etc use something very simple so youre not overdoing it for example cetaphil and bioderma. Treatments like this are amazing but if you overdose your skin with the products that are supposed to be helping the skin just becomes irritated, dry and extremely sensitive.
I now am able to be make up free when I choose to be and am confident in my own skin.
100% ++++++ I would highly recommend! <3 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Maria0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works like magic for me, the best thing I have tried to far. I have oily skin and get a few pimples mainly on my cheeks. They usually are in the form of red bumps and they can get quite large, sometimes turning into whiteheads. This stuff does excactly what it says, it calms them down. I put it on as soon as I notice a pimple forming and it prevents it from growing. You only need to use a tiny amount and the tube lasts for ages. Good value for money if you don't have very many pimples.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Rusty1711

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this when I was younger and first started breaking out. The lady at the drugstore recommended this and said it was a great product. So I purchased the whole skincare line, the toner, the cleanser and the moisturizer. Perhaps it was a little too rich for my sensitive skin because it caused the worst skin I have ever had in my life! Didnt work for me and I wouldnt recommend or buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After introducing this into my skincare routine, I find it hard to live without. I bought Effaclar A.I. because I was experiencing very good results with other effaclar products (duo, gel cleanser, k). Like other reviewers have mentioned, this is an absolute zit buster. I recently travelled to NYC (I live in HK) and the flight/jet lag took a toll on my skin - one side of my cheek flared up with 3 red, painful pimples and i immediately whipped this out and applied it liberally on my spots. The next morning my spots died down considerably and healed within 1-2 days! Amazing stuff. I also put this on areas with clogged pores and I am beyond pleased with the results! My skin has cleared up almost 85%!

I've said it before, LRP's Effaclar line has done wonders for my skin- and I do not say this lightly. I'm a very impatient person when it comes to skincare products, all because my skin is so bad, I want it to improve ASAP. When I came across Effaclar products in March, the only reason why I have been so patient and have stuck with it is because it is one of those rare products that you can really see progress with. I have witnessed my skin improving each month (it's still not perfect and I still breakout, but it has been way more under control) and am confident that it will continue to heal over time!

Also, feel free to wear this under your makeup because unlike other targeted zit products, this is cream like, dries transparent, leaves no film and doesn't ball up. I usually apply this at night, but occasionally under my foundation when I'm breaking out!

I've repurchased this twice - and will soon pick up my 3rd tube! Go Effaclar!