October 1, 2014 | 1224 users online

Toners - Lancome - Tonique Douceur

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This toner came as a gift with purchase, and I was pleasantly surprised.
I have a toner wardrobe- this one was used on days when I didn't feel like an acid toner, or when my skin felt oilier or tough. It is very mild and not at all irritating. It is like a comfortable nondescript garment that one is pleased to have for a pleasant stroll.

I don't know why it needs to be blue- is it to inspire me to find my inner Smurfette?
The fragrance is a classical ubiquitous 'skin care product scent' that reminds me of ladies of my mother's vintage. huh. I don't know if thats a good thing.

The reason I have not re purchased, is because there are so many new toners and skin softeners available that utilize far more interesting ingredients and science.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Kpop4ever1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

To be honest this did nothing to my skin. I have used the same products with and without this. Without it my skin is just the same. This doesn't control oil or provide moisture. A little refreshing and very light. It is good for people that has combination dry skin. Another I did not like is the paraben in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great toner.
Evens out skintone, makes it look fresh. Moisturises a bit too.
Comparable to the Clarins toner.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This toner feels fresh when I rub it on my face, but it also feels a bit sticky at times. The smell is slight and not overpowering. The packaging makes the product appear fresh; the only problem is the little hole at the top-I either get barely any product or too much. It does a good job of getting dirt and other bad stuff off my face-I can see it when I clean my skin with a cotton ball. After using a cleanser, my face feels tight and this toner does a great job at returning my skin's pH back to normal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After breaking out with the Tonique Comfort, I decided to try my luck with Tonique Douceur. I was even less enthralled with this one. My skin did not look or feel any worse but it certainly did not feel any better and this toner is too expensive to not be even a little remarkable. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by crystalbluex

This is the perfect addition to my Lancome Cleanser. I use this twice a day as part of my regular skin care routine and find that it evens out my skin tone and adds a touch of softness and clearness. I stopped using this for a few days and found that my skin just wasn't the same anymore. I have an oily t-zone and this helps to regulate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My all time favorite toner! I use this in the evening after removing my make-up. Takes away the last bits of foundation and mascara after the cleansing lotion (also Lancome). This is an unmissable item in my bathroom! Price wise it is a bit expensive, but as you don't need a lot it's a good value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm still not sold on the notion of toners. I'm never sure if they do anything other than refresh the skin after cleansing and I'm not sure that a spray bottle of mineral water won't just do the same thing!
Having said that, whenever I try a new skincare routine, I always buy the whole lot (it's an obsession!)
This is definitely refreshing, and alcohol free which i'm happy about.
I like the scent and do not find it overpowering.
When I haven't cleansed thoroughly it does remove the last bits of make up so again, happy with that.
I do agree with a previous reviewer that the opening is a little large and it's easy to use too much product. A pump would be great to avoid that.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Swiss1

Works fine but nothing special. I have comb skin and did not find it particularly hydrating. I find Clinique 1 better for my skin - not as tightening.
Pros
No alcohol
Works fine
Cons
Fragrance
A bit drying if you have drier patches anyway it will not hydrate them - best for normal to oily skin I think

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

Such a good toner! I love that it is alcohol free so won't harm your skin and is safe to use for all skin types! Used this as an alternate to my chanel confort toner and i love it just as much. The scent is INCREDIBLE, smells like roses to me which is great and i don't feel weird about putting it on my skin, considering that fragrance is usually there to mask alcohol. Cleans my skin v well, overall such a good toner.