Kenra Volume Spray (aerosol)

4.3

on 6/15/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very expensive to me. I bought the biggest bottle from my hair salon. It works okay but certainly not worth the price tag, in my opinion. I don't like crunchy hair so maybe I didn't use enough but for me, it performed like a drug store hairspray. I did appreciate the fact that it didn't smell like Grandma's hairspray.

on 8/18/2013 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is perfect for updos. It keeps everything in place and doesn't flake or leave my hair sticky. It smells ok to my nose since I have smelled hairsprays that smell worse (I'm looking at you Sebastian sharper plus). Since my scalp can get greasy, it helps with volume there and adds a bit of texture. This is drying though unfortunately and I highly recommend you condition well if using this daily.

on 6/11/2013 11:25:00 AM

I tried this hairspray when a friend swore by it and turns out that she was right! This stuff works, your style is going to stay exactly like you spray it. It's not the best smelling spray, but to me that really doesn't matter. Don't spray on your ends it will make them look a little straw like. I continually buy this product because its worth the high price, it really works!

on 4/10/2013 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is the aerosol version with the "25" on the can. I got a free travel-size of this at ULTA. This a decent hairspray- but I don't think it's anything special, and the full-size cans are a bit pricey, so I probably won't purchase. It has good hold, but I like hairspray that's a bit more flexible (I have long, curly hair), but I guess this would be a good hairspray for up-dos or other hairstyles that require firmer hold. The scent is kind of nondescript, which is fine for me. The "no animal testing" policy is admirable.

on 8/30/2012 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love volume in my hair and this is the first hair spray that I've used that keeps the volume in my hair all day! Not only that but a little goes a long way for myself I've found. I bought the 16oz bottle in March of 2012 it's coming up on September 2012 and I've still got 2/3rds of a bottle and I use it nearly everyday! Totally great buy and a great product!

on 12/24/2011 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG hairspray for updo's prom weddings ect. i love the volume #25 i buy the big bottle so i only have to reperchase once a year. the only kind of negative is the smell.. kinda fake vanillay alchohol smell but whatever no hair spray ever smells all that good anyway (:

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought the Volume 25 one. Best hairspray ever! I seriously love this hairspray. One big can of this last me about an entire year. It freezes your hair in place yet it still is touchably soft has a lot of volume and moves freely. Just as long as you spray it from a distance and don't put too much on a little goes a long way. You can also easily brush it out without it leaving that goopy sticky feeling behind never has flaked. It's an expensive product but totally worth it.

HG hairspray! Seriously, this is the best hairspray in the whole entire world! My hair holds curl and style pretty easily but this stuff will make a curl last for at least a whole day! LOVE!

on 10/31/2011 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a review for the #25 Hairspray. This is definitely the best volumizing hairspray. Not sticky or glue like in your hair, lifts hair and leaves a nice shine. Works best when lightly misted from about 8-10 inches away.

on 7/23/2011 9:41:00 PM

The salon I used to work at carried the Kenra line and we had to use this product. I am reviewing the Volume finishing spray in #25. I absolutely love this product.

This is awesome finishing spray to keep your hair in place, it literally will NOT budge. I personally don't use this for every style, I only use it if I don't want my hair to move. It is definitely not for running your hands through after spraying. I normally used this to finish the style (updos usually) for proms and weddings.
The nozzle will sometimes get clogged (as most aerosol hairsprays can but all you do is run it under HOT water and it will clear it).

I usually get the super big bottle and it lasts me over a year to finish, and although its on the pricey side it's not diluted with water so you are getting pure product. I am on my 7th bottle or so and will definitely keep repurchasing.

Popular Styling Products