November 26, 2014 | 964 users online

Styling Products - Kenra - Volume Spray (aerosol)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is perfect for updos. It keeps everything in place and doesn't flake or leave my hair sticky. It smells ok to my nose since I have smelled hairsprays that smell worse (I'm looking at you Sebastian sharper plus). Since my scalp can get greasy, it helps with volume there and adds a bit of texture. This is drying though unfortunately and I highly recommend you condition well if using this daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I tried this hairspray when a friend swore by it and turns out that she was right! This stuff works, your style is going to stay exactly like you spray it. It's not the best smelling spray, but to me that really doesn't matter. Don't spray on your ends it will make them look a little straw like. I continually buy this product because its worth the high price, it really works!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is the aerosol version with the "25" on the can. I got a free travel-size of this at ULTA. This a decent hairspray- but I don't think it's anything special, and the full-size cans are a bit pricey, so I probably won't purchase. It has good hold, but I like hairspray that's a bit more flexible (I have long, curly hair), but I guess this would be a good hairspray for up-dos or other hairstyles that require firmer hold. The scent is kind of nondescript, which is fine for me. The "no animal testing" policy is admirable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by MelissaKay88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love volume in my hair and this is the first hair spray that I've used that keeps the volume in my hair all day! Not only that but a little goes a long way for myself I've found. I bought the 16oz bottle in March of 2012 it's coming up on September 2012 and I've still got 2/3rds of a bottle and I use it nearly everyday! Totally great buy and a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG hairspray for updo's prom weddings ect. i love the volume #25 i buy the big bottle so i only have to reperchase once a year. the only kind of negative is the smell.. kinda fake vanillay alchohol smell but whatever no hair spray ever smells all that good anyway (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the Volume 25 one. Best hairspray ever! I seriously love this hairspray. One big can of this last me about an entire year. It freezes your hair in place yet it still is touchably soft has a lot of volume and moves freely. Just as long as you spray it from a distance and don't put too much on a little goes a long way. You can also easily brush it out without it leaving that goopy sticky feeling behind never has flaked. It's an expensive product but totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG hairspray! Seriously, this is the best hairspray in the whole entire world! My hair holds curl and style pretty easily but this stuff will make a curl last for at least a whole day! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Lilyjade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the #25 Hairspray. This is definitely the best volumizing hairspray. Not sticky or glue like in your hair, lifts hair and leaves a nice shine. Works best when lightly misted from about 8-10 inches away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by santokie77

The salon I used to work at carried the Kenra line and we had to use this product. I am reviewing the Volume finishing spray in #25. I absolutely love this product.

This is awesome finishing spray to keep your hair in place, it literally will NOT budge. I personally don't use this for every style, I only use it if I don't want my hair to move. It is definitely not for running your hands through after spraying. I normally used this to finish the style (updos usually) for proms and weddings.
The nozzle will sometimes get clogged (as most aerosol hairsprays can but all you do is run it under HOT water and it will clear it).

I usually get the super big bottle and it lasts me over a year to finish, and although its on the pricey side it's not diluted with water so you are getting pure product. I am on my 7th bottle or so and will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail Holy Grail Holy Grail! I have loads of fine hair that would be limp and flat if not for my daily habit of hot rolling and spraying the roots. Thanks to my mom for introducing me to this wondrous concoction of gravity-defying mist. (I should add that my mom is very sensitive to scents, and this one is so barely-there that even she uses this stuff daily.) Hair doesn't get crunchy or flaky. After I roll my hair, I just spray the fine mist all over, then shake out a few minutes later, section the crown with my fingers and lightly spray. Hair stays voluminous all day, even if I stick it up on a bun. I ran out of this once and tried to use a cheapo drugstore substitute, and such a bad hair day that was. I wish this were cheaper, but it's such a fantastic product, it's worth it.

Update: Still my HG! I can't use anything else. I was briefly seduced by the wonderful scent of Moroccanoil hairspray, but it doesn't hold worth a damn. Hello, flat hairs. I'm surprised by the reviews saying that this is very stiff and that you can't run your fingers through your hair. I mean, if you do an updo and shellaq it, that may be the case. I spray the roots and the length, and my hair is still very touchable with a flexible hold. Definitely can run the fingers through!