November 25, 2014 | 1641 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Luv3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This remover sting my eyes so much than any other remover that i have. It also leave some kind of residue behind, after each use it feels kind of sticky around my eyes area. Also, it can't clean waterproof makeup properly.

I just have high hope for this product because i really like the water based make up remover. I won't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by BeeForBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this eye makeup remover as I can't use anything too harsh on my sensitive eye area.
It removes most of my eye makeup which is very tricky and painful to remove alone, leaving only a little residue under my eyes that I then wipe off with a makeup wipe.

I also love the texture of this product. The fact it is liquid instead of a cream makes it easier to use and doesn't leave a greasy residue.

I feel this won't be everyone's cup of tea however as it requires you to hold a cotton pad over your eye for a minute to let the solution emulsify the makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by KimMoodyMUA

This is okay for getting eye makeup off but I still wake up with a little mascara under my eyes however much I wipe my eyes with it. Stings my eyes a bit too so not great for a gentle brand. Same results as cheaper removers so I won't purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I've had a bottle of this for so long, and I just never ever reach for it. The first few times I used this "eye make-up remover", it seemed to leave a ton of make-up behind (especially mascara, and I don't even wear waterproof mascaras) and burned my eyes. Even after wasting 3 cottons per eye, I'd still wake up to raccoon eyes and mascara flakes - so obviously it's not only wasteful, but terribly ineffective at doing what it's supposed to.

It feels like water which is nice, but again, doesn't remove much aside from maybe some powder eyeshadow or non-tenacious eyeliner. But if I wear my usual eyeliner and mascara, forget it. Switched to oil (jojoba, mineral, etc) or oil cleansers (Softymo White), which remove everything without that weird silicone residue eye make-up removers tend to leave. And doesn't leave a trace of eyeliner or mascara on my face. Much better!

No repurchase, considering I can't even use up what I already bought.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by emilyintheband

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Works well, but does not remove mascara like I would like for it to...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Claudygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not for me...I have sensitive skin and I thought something with camomile would calm my skin...I used it yesterday to remove the eye-liner and my skin was burning and sticky...weird...I will keep using my "Simple" one...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Seems to remove eye makeup pretty well, but stings my eyes while using it, so it doesn't seem too gentle after all...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gentle yes, effective? Not as much as I would like. While this product didn't cause any breakouts and didn't sting my eyes, it didn't remove my make up very well either. It was very hard to remove mascara and dark colored eyeshadows with this product. It really just smeared them around, making clean up harder. I wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by jsbun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is kind of a "meah" product to me. I haven't really decided whether it's a winner or loser in my books but I know I won't be repurchasing it again, so maybe it's a loser... Maybe? Any ways! I like how it removes majority of my eye makeup in one swipe (leaving the cotton pad on my eye for about 10 seconds, then swiping).

Now the first time I used it, it burned my eyes SO much. It was excruciatingly painful and then there was this burning sensation around my eyes as well. I don't know if my eyes were sensitive that day but it actually hurt that bad, lol.

I would use it on and off but I did like using it when I had to take off my waterproof mascara, it came off easier that way minus the burning sensation. I really like using it to take off my face makeup, two thumbs up for that one... No burning sensation.

I think the first time I used it though, it was probably the mascara that was burning my eyes mixing with the remover because after using it a few times, there was no burning in my eyes. Although... There was still a burning sensation around my eyes, not sure why yet.

The packaging is pretty simple and cute, I like. The remover is more of a watery-oil based remover, I like. The scent is meah, I don't know if I like. The price was fab, I basically got this lil guy for about $4 during the Christmas season so I bought a lot, hoping I'd like it. Which I don't really mind it. I did use it again today and it still left a burning sensation around my eyes again but it was bearable since I feel like I'm already immune to it.

Overall! This makeup remover is fab for removing makeup ON your face. Now when it comes to the eye area and removing makeup around your eyes, definitely a no-no. But I mean what's the point of a makeup remover when you can't remove makeup around your eyes right?

If you're curious, I would say give it a try, maybe you'll end up liking it more than I did but please be aware when you're using it around the eye area... You might wanna prepare yourself for a burning sensation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Dabsykins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOAH! im surprised with all the negativity here! Ive been using this for ...... i dunno ? I wanna say like 8 years. I have never had a problem with it stinging my eyes. and I have sensitive acne skin. I like this product mainly because it gets the job done and doesnt leave a thick sticky gunky residue after. I normally shower or wash makeup off my face with soap and water, and then use this to remove the waterproof eyeliner that didnt come off.
there is no need for me to wash the remover off once ive used it. I am able to moisturize and continue with my beauty routine all over.
I buy these when they have their buy 2 get 1 free deals.