John Frieda Frizz-Ease Extra Strength Hair Serum

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum)

I have super frizzy hair and this serum does its job not fully but certainly to some extent. Problem is it builds up in my hair like I haven't rinsed my conditioner while taking shower so it takes away that freshness you have in your just washed hair. It feels heavy and pulls my hair down taking away the volume. A good hair oil will do a better job controlling frizz and making your hair look shiny and clean.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Well this product does exactly what it claims it will, it removes frizz and it does a very good job of it. But it doesn't do much else imo. I feel like if I use this product alone my hair is not as soft or shiny as usual so I only use this when I know my hair is going to have a super frizzy day (very rainy or humid out). Otherwise I prefer to use other serums such as cherry bomb or marrakesh oil which I feel leave my hair in better condition than this product. I also find this product builds up in my hair quite a bit. A clarifying shampoo (I like neutrogena) will take care of this easily though. Gave it a 4 because it does work but I just don't feel like it has any other benefits for my hair. Would repurchase if I needed to.

I have fine, thin hair that gets frizzy almost immediately after blow drying....I know I know you're jealous.

This stuff made my hair obviously smoother. I could feel a huge difference and my husband could feel a big difference. But my hair still got frizzy and it made it harder to hold a style in my hair (both straight and curly).

Also the directions on this stuff should be: apply, wash hands and wash hands and wash hands. My hands were so oily and it took multiple washings to get it all off.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Did absolutely nothing for my hair. I suffer from a lot of hair breakage and it definitely did not help those little hairs that are impossible to settle, but it did not improve my frizziness either.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I normally love John Frieda products. But this was a disaster. I hate it.
I've been looking for a good hair serum and had such high hopes.
The packaging was great, I like the pump bottle. But that's the only positive I have for this. I put a dime size drop onto my palms and distributed it throughout my hair. It made my hair feel sticky and greasy. It made my hair look limp and dull. And it smelled too sickly sweet.
I had to wash it out of my hair immediately. Never using it again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I know that this product works for a lot of people, but it did absolutely nothing for me.

It's a bottle of silicones. That's all. Some hair likes this, but my hair does not. I have curly bi-racial hair that is constantly a struggle for me. I really hoped this product would do something for me. I take that back -- it did something. It did something terrible.

This product literally sat on top of my hair and then I had the worst frizz of my life. Greasy, giant, poofy, frizzy hair. My hair was frizzy, dry AND greasy. How is that even possible?! For close to $8 a bottle, those results were just offensive! Also, I just hate the little pump that it comes with! The package makes the bottle look bigger when there is so little.

I have nothing good to say about this product. Use it at your own risk.

I have long, fine, color-treated hair, so I am always looking for something to keep it looking nice and healthy. I just cannot seem to get the application right with this product. Every time it leaves my hair looking limp and lifeless, not to mention greasy. I do not recommend this for fine hair.

Is this product a joke? It did NOTHING for me!

I have natural curly hair but as I have been highlighting my hair for years my
hair turned to dry & frizzy . I tried many hair products they either make my hair
more dry or very oily. i recently but this serum I but it when my hair is wet or dry
also before I blow dry my hair I found my hair more strieght & it tames my frizziness & improves
my hair look it is much better than other expensive hair serum
I give it only 4 stars becouse it does not make my hair glossy but I will definitely buy it again

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have really curly and frizzy hair. I was wanted this to calm down my frizz especially at my roots which is were I get the most frizz. It helped my frizz and also to minimize the look of my split ends. I use this when my hair is damp or when my hair is dry and I want to quickly tame it. This works beautifully when I straighten my hair. I can only get that salon straightness with this product otherwise it just looks like a half ass attempt.

Popular Styling Products