December 21, 2014 | 1066 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Extra Strength Hair Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I have long, fine, color-treated hair, so I am always looking for something to keep it looking nice and healthy. I just cannot seem to get the application right with this product. Every time it leaves my hair looking limp and lifeless, not to mention greasy. I do not recommend this for fine hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Nutellamonster

Is this product a joke? It did NOTHING for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have natural curly hair but as I have been highlighting my hair for years my
hair turned to dry & frizzy . I tried many hair products they either make my hair
more dry or very oily. i recently but this serum I but it when my hair is wet or dry
also before I blow dry my hair I found my hair more strieght & it tames my frizziness & improves
my hair look it is much better than other expensive hair serum
I give it only 4 stars becouse it does not make my hair glossy but I will definitely buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have really curly and frizzy hair. I was wanted this to calm down my frizz especially at my roots which is were I get the most frizz. It helped my frizz and also to minimize the look of my split ends. I use this when my hair is damp or when my hair is dry and I want to quickly tame it. This works beautifully when I straighten my hair. I can only get that salon straightness with this product otherwise it just looks like a half ass attempt.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by magnisky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very thick, long, fluffy, frizzy, wavy, dry and slightly damaged hair due to highlights and coloring. I try to use the best products I can on my hair so that it never looks like crazy person who came out of an asylum (my hair naturally has habit of easily looking like that if I don't do anything). I have tried so many serums. To name some I have tried Paul Mitchell Super Skinny, Garnier Frizz Serum, Kerastase Oleo-Relax Serum; and they all suck! I cannot believe that in the end a drugstore brand was what took part of the credit in saving my hair! I know it has cheap silicones, but hey this silicones gets rid of frizz, so I don't care.Thank you John Frieda for being cheap but so good in quality and actually giving results that you have promised that the serum say it would do!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Hawaiianlocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I have wavey hair that looks like a mixture between Hawaiian and African American hair. Thinking it would help me get rid of frizz.. It didn't, it smells amazing but it did nothing for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this serum to be too heavy. I have fine frizz prone hair and this product made it look greasy and dull. I do like the smell a lot. I will stick to my Schwarkopf zero frizz which is about half the price and works better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHY did I stop using this the past few months? Oh, I know - because I was in the midst of a move/hotel stay/move and needed to minimize. Well, it did my hair no favors! I just didn't know it. Well, I reincorporated this product today with no other changes to my shampoo/condition/blow dry routine, and can definitely discern a marked difference. Lately I've been lamenting the last 3-4" of my hair, wishing I could chop them - but my hair is only shoulder-length as it is, & I'm trying to grow it out. Poof, now those ends suddenly look great & I no longer have a problem with them. Okay, Frizz-Ease: I'm sorry; I'll never leave you again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by derposaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm disappointed. I've been using it for almost a month now and it makes no difference in the frizz level of my hair. I have very thick, long-ish (mid-boob length) hair. slightly wavy, very frizzy, THICK and poofy. I've tried it on soaking wet hair, directly out of the shower not even wringing it out like the instructions say! Still doesn't work. I've tried it everywhere inbetween soaking wet to nearly dry. Nothing makes a difference. I have THICK hair so I thought maybe one pump wasn't enough. I've tried up to four pumps now and no difference!!! It's just as frizzy as ever after my hair air dries. Many reviews on here lead me to believe it'd be frizzy without straightening or blow drying straight as I ONLY air dry. This makes no difference in the appearance of my hair.

I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 because it actually is a really really good detangler. My hair is SO much easier to brush out while wet when I have this in my hair. That alone is actually quite nice, but that's NOT what I got this product for. I care about how my frizz looks, not if I have a easier time brushing my hair in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by bapsy

I've always liked John Frieda products and this serum is no exception, it works great and leaves my hair feeling silky and with so much less frizz. I don't know what exactly to expect but to me it behaves pretty much as the regular version. I have never tried it on wet hair, actually it's the first time I see a serum says it needs to be applied to wet hair, all other brands I've tried normally say to apply on dry hair to finish style. It works really good on my hair when it is dry, I have medium-log, thick, wavy hair, I apply the serum in the morning and I normally wear it in an up-do when I go to the office but if I let my hair loose right after a day in the office it looks shinny with natural waves and 0 frizz. I some times use additional few drops to have my baby hairs behave, but that's all I need. I don't know what to say about the packaging, I've tried other serums with a pump before and I don't like how the product stays trapped in the cap, so I got used to not using the pump but unscrewing the whole thing. I was thinking I'm gonna give this serum a try and use the pump, I'll update with my reviews on that.