April 20, 2014 | 1489 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent brush but the problem is that it sheds A LOT and you'd expect a very nice quality brush for its very high price. But overall, it blends very well, i love this brush but .. i would rather buy a better dupe if i ever lost this one..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Nene2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have owned this brush for about 6 months now and had mixed feelings about it. While it gave me light coverage(which is exactly what i wanted- is she or is she not wearing foundation kind of thing), it would leave hairs on my face each time i used it. I almost gave up on it when i decided to do some research and this is what i found out: when you buff in your foundation, the short black hairs are not supposed to touch your face. They r only there to support the white bristles which r the ones actually doing the job. If the black hairs touch your face, therefore coming into contact with the foundation, that causes shedding. The trick is to not apply too much pressure and lightly buff in the foundation in circular motions. I have not experienced any sheddind since i started using this method. Hope that help!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best brush ever for applying foundation.This brush has been praised for years as one of the best versatile face brush of all time and I definitely can see why. For 3 years, I've been using the Mac 187 exclusively for foundation and it does the job quickly and flawlessly. When used properly, the results are superb. Since this is a stippling brush, I use it to stipple my foundation on. I don't use it for buffing because that will just defeat the purpose of this brush. I stipple until all the tiny dots that are formed disappears. The end result is a well blended, airbrushed finish. Quality is also great. Haven't dealt with any shedding and I wash this brush almost everyday. I believe the ones who are experiencing shedding, are those who are using it to buff in their foundation. Great brush when used the proper way and well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

I tried applying my foundation with this and could never really get it right, I ended up settling nicely with the Sigma F80-82. However, I use this to apply when I use powders (aka the typical Mac Studio Fix) and it does a great job. I'm happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by beadybelle

I have been using this brush for a while now and it works like a miracle! At first I was a bit skeptical about applying foundation/tinted moisturizer with a brush. But after some trial and error, this brush works fabulously to give the amount of coverage you want! Simply cannot do without it if I want an even coverage from my liquid foundation/tinted moisturizer. And you save so much on the product as well as goes a long way as compared to normal sponge which absorbs more. Without a doubt, will repurchase. The first brush lasted me a good 4 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by lisa0710

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brush is every thing I hoped for and more! Applies my liquid foundation (Studio sculpt) or tinted moisturiser if I want a little bit less coverage, both with a flawless finish. I had been looking for a brush for so long that didn't leave my makeup looking blotchy and uneven on my already uneven skin tone and I've definitely found it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by deesoso

I have been wanting to buy this brush for awhile. I bought the mac pro long wear foundaton at the same time. I quite like it distributes the foundation in pixelated spots. I was surprised at how light it actualy is. The price is quite high but I decided to go for it because I was going to be using it as my daily foundation price. I really don't regret the purchase. I was freaking out expecting shedding but I haven't seen any yet. Then again I have only used it about 2 times.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by sanae09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally like this brush. I have never really used any other stippling brushes so my review is not based on a comparison. I use this to apply my tinted moisturizer / BB cream, liquid/ powder/ cream foundation, and to blend concealer/ blush/ highlighter/ bronzer. It def gives the smooth finish despite many flaws of mine;) No flawless but happy enough!

Only one complaint would be, like many others have noted, SHEDDING… especially right after I wash the brush (for a good 2 days to a week). It is kind of embarrassing to have short thick black fibers all over my face..

I believe I was lucky enough to find this brush at an outlet (the CCS) years ago, so it was cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an ok stippling brush. I mainly use it to apply a finishing powder since it's the softest brush I own. It is good for foundation application, though I feel I get a more flawless look using a sponge. I do like it, but it's too expensive for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Cherishedadvice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok....my previous review was for using the 187 brush with my MUFE matte velvet foundation which is a liquid. I recently switched back to Bare Minerals matte and tried this brush. It's still sheds but its minor the more I use it. This brush works PERFECT with my mineral foundation, hence it is a mineral foundation brush. It stipples and buffs it in wonderfully. I stick with my previous review for this brush when using liquid foundation, but with mineral foundation it's a dream!