August 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush did yeoman's duty for a long time, but stopped using it about 2 years ago after I got my Beauty Blender sponge. However, I recently had to resurrect this to apply liquid foundation that could stand up to fluorescent office lighting. SHEDDING STRAY BRISTLES LIKE CRAZY!! What happened? Old age, I guess. Going in the trash... Will not be replacing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

One of my least used brushes. When I bought this, I thought I would have so many uses for this, but I dont find it very useful at all. Not good for any of my foundations for all of my foundations are pretty thick, I like full coverage and this brush is no good for that. I dont really like it for any of my blushes. Do not even try to use this with a cream blush! Made that mistake, didnt blend just made the bristles stick together. Perhaps powder foundations and setting/finishing? Nope. I get better results from a different brush or better yet, a puff.

Very pigmented highlighters both powder and liquid, and very strong pigmented blushes(ea:NARS Exhibit A)are about the only reasons to use this brush. Still, I normally use other brushes or my hands for that. I find this brush flimsy, almost raggedy with its few thin bristles spaced far apart.

And it sheds.

I will end up throwing this away if I cannot find anywhere on the internet a real good reason to use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Susie0205

I give it 4 stars is because it can do a nice job on blush, moving onto foundation, I think it is over raved, I prefer 190 than this to do my foundation, this one just take too long to blend everything out

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by SarahSwar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My MAC 187 sheds like crazy! Applying my foundation takes much longer than it should because I constantly have to stop and pick the hairs off my face. This would be a fantastic brush if it didn't shed so much. I would be very upset if I had purchased this brush myself, but my mother gave it to me to try since the large amount of shedding rendered it useless to her. I just ordered a stippling brush from MUG, hoping for better luck with that one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Ad0rableTam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always been attracted to this brush. I bought the holiday brush sets twice ( they are just as awesome as the individual ones ) and this brush came in the set both times. I always was drawn to the mineral brushes cause I like to apply my makeup with a natural start and work my way up to additional drama, I now own the real Mac 187 brush and it works exactly the same. I feel the like bristles are the same quality so don't let anyone tell you that the holiday sets are of cheaper quality blah blah blah.... Cause if you care for them, they can last just as long! Back to the brush: it does occasionally shed, which freaked me out because I didn't want to be losing my brush hairs! But if you are patient as use the brush lightly , it's pretty minimal. It's my fave foundation, powder, and any other type of face brush. I also have the elf stipling brush which is smaller but works pretty much the same! So if you want to save money, try the elf version! Or splurge and get the Mac ! Or the holiday set ! Or all of them! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent brush but the problem is that it sheds A LOT and you'd expect a very nice quality brush for its very high price. But overall, it blends very well, i love this brush but .. i would rather buy a better dupe if i ever lost this one..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Nene2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have owned this brush for about 6 months now and had mixed feelings about it. While it gave me light coverage(which is exactly what i wanted- is she or is she not wearing foundation kind of thing), it would leave hairs on my face each time i used it. I almost gave up on it when i decided to do some research and this is what i found out: when you buff in your foundation, the short black hairs are not supposed to touch your face. They r only there to support the white bristles which r the ones actually doing the job. If the black hairs touch your face, therefore coming into contact with the foundation, that causes shedding. The trick is to not apply too much pressure and lightly buff in the foundation in circular motions. I have not experienced any sheddind since i started using this method. Hope that help!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best brush ever for applying foundation.This brush has been praised for years as one of the best versatile face brush of all time and I definitely can see why. For 3 years, I've been using the Mac 187 exclusively for foundation and it does the job quickly and flawlessly. When used properly, the results are superb. Since this is a stippling brush, I use it to stipple my foundation on. I don't use it for buffing because that will just defeat the purpose of this brush. I stipple until all the tiny dots that are formed disappears. The end result is a well blended, airbrushed finish. Quality is also great. Haven't dealt with any shedding and I wash this brush almost everyday. I believe the ones who are experiencing shedding, are those who are using it to buff in their foundation. Great brush when used the proper way and well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

I tried applying my foundation with this and could never really get it right, I ended up settling nicely with the Sigma F80-82. However, I use this to apply when I use powders (aka the typical Mac Studio Fix) and it does a great job. I'm happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by beadybelle

I have been using this brush for a while now and it works like a miracle! At first I was a bit skeptical about applying foundation/tinted moisturizer with a brush. But after some trial and error, this brush works fabulously to give the amount of coverage you want! Simply cannot do without it if I want an even coverage from my liquid foundation/tinted moisturizer. And you save so much on the product as well as goes a long way as compared to normal sponge which absorbs more. Without a doubt, will repurchase. The first brush lasted me a good 4 years.