MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

on 6/21/2015 10:36:00 AM

I love my 187.

I used this with liquids and creams, mainly foundation. I stipple the foundation all over my face, and then lightly swirl it around to blend the product in. I find that it gives most products an even, airbrushed finish unlike a traditional foundation brush.

on 6/16/2015 8:09:00 AM

So disappointed with this brush when I ordered it I was so excited and couldn't wait for it to arrive. However, my excitement soon faded upon the very first use I noticed that it shed lots of hairs all over my face. I thought that perhaps it was a few loose hairs as the brush was new. Unfortuatly this continued to happen and even more so when I washed it. I have the real techniques stippling brush sooo much better and only £10 I'll be sticking with it. My mac brush now stays in the drawer. I'll never rush out to replace it. I would have expected better quality from mac.

on 6/9/2015 10:31:00 AM

I've used all sorts of make up brushes, and the only way someone would leave a negative review is if they're not using the brush correctly!

this brush is amazing and gives an airbrush finish is you use the right techniques - watch a youtube tutorial or something. you have to apply the foundation lightly and you will get perfect coverage.

I would never go back to using other brushes again! Perfect

on 6/7/2015 7:52:00 PM

Does its job, but sheds like crazy.

on 6/4/2015 2:16:00 PM

This brush is nothing special its disappointing. The brush sheds like crazy and the black color bleeds onto the white bristles. After you wash it let it dry you have to really wipe it off or it will turn your foundation grey this causes the brush to shed even more. The bristles are too loose and fanned out not enough brush hairs. This did not give an airbrush look it actually applies streaky because the white bristles are too long and not close together. When you really blend foundation the brush hairs bend and fans out. The best way to explain it is the brush hair is like the Clarisonic cashmere brush. You can't work the foundation in if you have large pores it will not blend well foundation just sits on top. The more you try to blend the streakier it gets. This is not a cheap brush $30+ seems like most mac brushes bleed and shed like crazy. Everytime I apply foundation theirs always brush hairs stuck to my face. Mac brushes are not worth the price.

on 6/3/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my most disliked brush on earth, and unfortunately I have 2 of them! I bought these back in 2007 when I started getting into makeup this was my first Mac brush, I bought it because the girl at the Mac counter told me it was a must have and a versatile brush to have. So stupid, young me bought one for foundation and one for blush at the same time! They shed like crazy, still to this day! & they are pretty much useless for me.

on 2/17/2015 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Why does this brush shed to badly?
I bought this a few years ago now, and I've taken very good care of it. It gets washed regularly, and I use it rarely. Ever since I bought it, it has shed.

At first, the MAC SA told me that it's probably just because it's new. The next time I brought it up, I got told I wasn't cleaning it enough. I must admit, while I've tried other things over the years, I do keep coming back to it because I love the way it makes my foundation look. It's just so disappointing having to spend 5-10 minutes picking the tiny black hairs off my face every single time I use it.

For the price (I think I paid around $75), it is very disappointing.

on 1/30/2015 6:02:00 PM

This brush is amazing, I use it for my foundation and it makes it look flawless and airbrushed.

on 1/26/2015 8:07:00 PM

Its a super pretty brush, extremely soft too. I used it to apply foundation, I wasn't very happy. It worked well for a while but I found myself having to blend it with a real techniques brush, I had lines and brush hair all over my face, and if I didn't wash it all the time the foundation stuck all the bristles together. I think there are better brushes for a better price.

on 1/11/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After years of wanting this brush for powdered bronzer (Allure Magazine’s recommendation), I finally bought it. It doesn’t seem to pick up much powder but that makes it almost impossible to overdo the bronzer (which I had been doing when using my blush brush for bronzer). As many other reviewers said, this does shed a lot, but I haven’t noticed any decrease in the brush’s volume (my blush brush, Sonia Kashuk, also sheds a lot). And after a few washes the shedding has reduced. This is my first duo-fiber brush and it took a little practice to best use this brush. Another reviewer mentioned using this brush like painting watercolors, which is helpful; a light touch and long strokes give the best application with a powder. I use this with Dolce & Gabbana The Bronzer for sun-kissed or contoured face, neck, and décolletage. I wash my brushes regularly and take good care of them so I don’t foresee having to buy a new bronzer brush any time soon, but if I lost this brush I would buy it again.

Popular Makeup Brushes