Shiseido "Perfect Whip" Foam

4.1

Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

on 8/20/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

A solid mediocre. I bought this for ~$60 HKD. I use this in the shower with a beating net. It foams up well and you don't need a lot. My tube has lasted me approx. two years with daily use. I would not repurchase this. On occasion it left my skin feeling dry and tight after showering.

on 8/18/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This skin cleansing product was a hassle to purchase at a reasonable price because it is not sold in the U.S. however it was definitely worth the effort to buy. I love this product for many reasons. Among all, I love the fact that this product actually leaves my skin feeling oil-free, makeup-free, and ready to tone and moisturize with my other products that are to follow. The perfect whip isn't a makeup remover but it gets the last bit of gunk off of your face that your makeup remover may have missed. Another great feature about this product is that it foams up very easily after you massage a pea-sized amount in your hand. This amount goes a long way and makes the product a lot more worth the price. I would highly recommend this to anyone who needs a break from using a lot of exfoliators such as myself. I have used a lot of exfoliators with the idea that they will buff out all of the scars and acne on my skin but this lightweight product allows your skin to be clean so that it may heal with a lot less pain.

on 8/18/2015 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I am on my third (maybe fourth!) tube of this! I first came across it on a trip back to Japan and bought it on a whim - the 'whip' and 'foam' in the name really caught my attention.

It's super cheap in the drug stores in Japan - at less than 400 yen (around AUD $5) for a fairly sizable tube, it's very affordable. Particularly when you only need the tiniest bit (I'm talking smaller than a pea-sized amount). The packaging is fairly utilitarian but makes it super easy to dispense the right amount.

I use a foaming mesh (made out of the same stuff as the shower poufs but a bit finer) and get it nice and wet - out of this I get an amazingly thick, creamy but very fine lather that's more than enough to cover the face. I find that when I don't foam it up, it can be a bit tricky to wash off, but in a fine foam it gets right into the pores and washes off easily.
In another tip - I mix a bit of this with water in one of those foaming pump dispensers which gives an equally lovely foam in a super easy, pre-made form!

My skin is oily but not particularly blemished skin and this really helps to keep the spots at bay. I can't say it does a great deal for my oiliness but I like the fact that it doesn't leave my skin feeling squeaky and tight.

Despite trying a myriad of different cleansers, I always come back to this one and will continue to purchase!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This cleanser made my skin dry and flakey after 3 weeks of daily usage. I'd say steer clear of his cleanser because it has a ph of 8, which is extremely drying and bad for skin. Btw skin is combo/oily, so it is usually not prone to drying out. At first, i didnt notice because i was distracted by how smooth and whipped it felt on skin upon contact and didnt overdry skin. With prolonged use, it strips skin of moisture barrier and, also may aggregate acne due to overdrying. This cleanser does not remove nonwaterproof makeup well, so it is a huge waste. I would probably limit usage to once a week, so i could finish using it up and not waste product.

I fell in love with this product when I was on a holiday in Japan two years ago. It was quite cheap and since we've been travelling around and sweating non stop, I really felt like it cleansed my skin quite well.
It removes dirt,sweat and unblocks you pores without drying out your skin.

I still use this product to this day although it is has become quite expensive in my country.

on 4/8/2015 7:11:00 PM

My second bottle. :)
Love this stuff. After I remove my makeup with bioderma cleansing water I like to use this to extra clean my face to make sure all makeup are gone. I have sensitive combo skin. This doesn't irritate my skin like some other products. You don't need a foam net maker for it. I bought one and it's useless; save your money. Your hands can make the bubble easy.

on 3/7/2015 1:10:00 PM

I loved this stuff when I bought it in Japan, and I love it still. A tiny, tiny dab somehow manages to lather up to a thick, solid foam that covers your entire face. It can be a little bit difficult to rinse off because the foam is so incredibly thick, but when you do your skin looks fairer and brighter, and it leaves behind a nice smooth texture. This is the best cleanser I've ever used, and it cleans more effectively than western-style exfoliant scrubs with the abrasive particles in them.

on 2/20/2015 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Update: Adding 1 more lippie because it DOES take off ALL my makeup. I just need to gently massage my face for longer and yep, it washes off nice and clean. HG possibly. Let's hope!

It might be too soon to write a review but I really like this cleanser! First off, I was looking for a cleanser that wasn't too drying. I've been experiencing tons of dryness and although I have been moisturizing enough, I find out that my cleansers I have been using (neutrogena fresh foam cleanser mixed with Cetaphil gentle cleanser) has been too drying for my skin.

I looked at beauty blogs and found a video posted and was mesmerized by the foam. I mean how cool is that? (I am easily amused). And along with reviews on here and on amazon, I bought it. I used it for the first time last night and wow! I am in love! I seriously played with it the minute I got it delivered to my door. I wanted to create the lather and at first, I couldn't recreate it, but I tried it again in the shower after watching the video and aha! I did it! It took about 5 minutes and yes my hand and arm hurt but I did it! (I attached photo above) I probably wouldn't do that again, and I read a blog post about someone saying that life is too short to be beating up cleanser lol. I totally agree haha.

But this stuff definitely isn't too drying! I took one lippie off because I feel like it didn't completely take off my makeup. I could tell because I could see it, and my face definitely felt moist and not at all tight which I love. I have acne prone skin and no word yet on that. The fragrance is something I've smelled before could it be clearasil? Neutrogena? It smells so familiar clean but basic. Overall I think this stuff is great, however I would probably try to remove your makeup either with OCM or something first, because it won't make your face squeaky clean like some cleansers which is ok for me cause of my dry skin!

on 12/2/2014 5:18:00 AM

Great for combination skin, especially in the summer, it cleanses the skin very well without over drying. The texture is creamy and foams up very well, I use it along with my Olay brush cleansing system and works great. Don't know if it'll be suitable for dry skin though, because in the winter when my skin becomes drier, I would prefer a more gentle face wash. Overall, a very simple no frill product for combination skin leaning towards oily.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought this from a drugstore in japan. Very inexpensive; I paid less than $6 for this product.

For reference, I have combo/oily skin. I do not use this everyday because I find that it is very drying on my skin.

You need the tiniest amount, less than a pea size. It lathers really well, doesn't have a scent and has a creamy texture. I don't find myself reaching for this so I would not repurchase.