April 20, 2014 | 1940 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Edie

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

This is a good everyday cream colour. It's nice for a base shadow and even though it has shimmer.. it's so little that you can hardly notice it. The texture is amazing too!! I wouldn't repurchase just because it's a colour that's easily found in MAC or drugstores, so I'm not sure it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by epaton

My absolute favorite base eyeshadow colour!!!
I have darkness around my eyes and Edie is fantastic to even out and cover some of the darkness without being too shimmery. Great staying power.

I wear it everyday and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great base shade. It's just slightly lighter than my skin tone.

Highly recommend. Wish it was more available in Australia.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by MsCr0w

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just love Edie, it is without doubt my favourite eye shadow and as I reach the last straggly bits in the pan I'm in panic mode to find some more.

I was looking for a good base colour to buy my mother for Christmas and despite it's slight glittery shimmer I bought it for her. I was so impressed on how it suited her I immediately went and bought some for myself. Edie is a soft rose tinted beige and were it not for the glitter, I would wear it as a base only but the fact it is so pretty on I also wear it on days when I want to go incognito. Some Edie and some mascara and I can face the world.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing matte highlighters/washes forever, but I wanted to step out of my rut and try something that adds more depth. I read the MUA reviews about Edie, but I am wary of products that are listed as shimmer, especially as some of the reviews contradicted one another. I find most shimmers to be too sparkly, when what I want is a subtle sheen, similar to Laura Mercier (sateen) or MAC (satin) or Edward Bess. Unfortunately, LM doesn't have a cool-neutral ivory sateen, and MAC's only options for my skin tone are Mylar (which I own) and Brule, which I find too warm/dark. I already own EB Nude, a yellow-based neutral. I wanted an ivory or a cool-neutral cream.

I decided to go for it and ordered Edie sight unseen. When I first put it on, I was completely unimpressed. It didn't look any different from the myriad other ivory highlighters I own. In fact, I liked it less well than MAC Mylar. So i went to work with the intent of printing out a return label so I could send it back the next day. But then ...

I caught a glimpse of myself in the rear-view mirror on the way to work and noticed I looked more awake and alert than usual. I assumed I'd just gotten a good night's sleep, but as the way wore on, I realized it was Edie.

That night I compared Edie to Mylar and realized how much more subtle and natural Edie is. Where Mylar is a beautiful shimmering ivory, it definitely lightens my skin. Edie, on the other hand, is almost an identical match to my skin tone, so what repelled me earlier in the day became the thing that most impressed me. An eyeshadow that practically disappears but does amazing things for my appearance. And the effects lasted all day, even though I used no primer. Just a little LM sable in the crease and BB Mahogany gel eyeliner in the upper water line (tightline).

I experimented with Edie more the next morning and, to be sure, it applies nearly invisible on my fair, cool skin (NW15); it melts in with the most exquisitely soft blendability. When I turned my head from side to side, I could see an absolutely stunning depth to my lids, an almost glossy sheen without one iota of sparkle or glitter. I *LOVE* this product, and am going to wear it down the pan in no time. I now want to try the All About Eve duo.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by MrsHolcomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was sold this as an all-over lid base color. It's a very sheer cream color, with emphasis on very sheer...

I also find that this is one of NARS's more "powdery" shadows. Lots of dust when picking up the product with a brush.

As a base color I'm really not impressed, it's definitely a color you put on and wonder if you just put something on and if you really look any different with it on in the first place...(how's THAT for a run-on sentence??)

I prefer Bobbi Brown's Bone e/s for a neutral base or Clinique's Daybreak for a shimmer base. Edie just isn't memorable.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I'm surprised how creamy NARS eyeshadows are. They are very high quality and blendable. I got the Edie in my Everlasting Love Palette and found that this works great as an undereye brightener when applied with my fingers. This helps to make my tired eyes look rested. As an eyeshadow however, this barely shows up on my tanned NC40 skin. I would not buy this again but I will continue to use the rest as a highlighter under the brows, in the corner of the eyes, under the eyes, and on the chin to create artificial light.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by korean

natural color- creme/ivory ( not white) with very fine shimmer- sheer.

on my fair-med skin it barely shows- i'm using it as a wash.

i will not re-buy because it's too sheer and does not show up on my skin as much as i wanted.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Mrslelep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite neutral shadows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 6:53:00 AM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows. It is a very pale, slightly shimmery cream and is a wonderful basic for highlighting the under the brow. I'm on my 3rd pan and it is a staple for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 6:19:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll start by saying that I would not buy this eyeshadow again. Why? It is simple: I am not impressed at all with the color. I mean...what is this? The eyeshadow itself is invisible on my lids: no color, no brightness, no shimmer, no nothing. If it were not about the less (LESS!) shimmer it has, I could very well apply it as a powder...lol. It matches my skintone so damn well.. lol
Really now, it is absolutely invisible on my eyes and I am upset with this futhermore because I payed a lot for this....you know girls what I am talking about. I was truly praying for something with a little more shimmer than it already has. But the luck was not by my side so now I am a little bit dissapointed with this.
I would have given this one 3 lippies but I can't. I can't because apart from the color that has nothing special, I am impressed by its quality, so this explains the reason why I've decided to give 4 lippies instead of 3.