Mary Kay strike-a-pose-rose

3.8

on 1/19/2011 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's my favorite color. It just compliments my skin. I'm NC35. A shame it's now discontinued.

The formula is a little dry, but I fix it with transparent lipgloss...not a big deal

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this color for daytime. It's a light plum color. It's subtle. It's discontinued, so if you want to buy it, you will have to buy it on eBay, which is what I did this week.

on 3/26/2008 11:45:00 PM

This color was just all wrong for me. I'm NC20 brunette with hazel eyes and it was just too red and too frosty to do my complexion any good.

on 8/28/2007 3:40:00 PM

I think this is a decent lipstick. I was looking for the "perfect plum" lip color for my complexion (fair, blond hair) and this is a little too sparkley and gritty for my liking, plus it makes my teeth look really yellow (which they aren't). I still wear it on occasion but it's not my absolute favorite. Staying power is good but it tends to feel kind of dry going on.

on 6/17/2007 6:10:00 PM

I just recently found a tube of this tucked into a drawer and decided to use it again. When I was younger I found it a little too vibrant/bright. This time I paired it with WnW 666 lipliner and put Lancome Spring Fling JT over the top and it is a gorgeous sparkly wine color. It is a tad gritty from the sparkle but it does not leave the sparkle around your mouth as it wears off. I love this with a plum/purple smokey eye!

on 2/4/2007 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really love this colour dont know why it just looks very nice
with my complexion. It's like a deep shimmery pink ...very nice
would purchase again.

on 8/1/2006 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a pretty, medium-to-deep frosted rose.

I like it, but it's very similar to MAC's "Lovemate." However, MK has a slightly perfume-y taste, while the MAC's taste is vanilla.

I prefer MAC, so I'll stick with that.

on 5/8/2005 4:41:00 AM

I have small lips so I think I don't look good in red lipsticks. This color is "dark" without being a dark "slash" of color across your face. I think it looks really pretty on most people. Brightens up your face but isn't glaring.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Its alright. I don't really like the frostiness, its so 80's. I like the color tho in the winter.I hardly ever wear it but its nice when I'm in the mood for such a flashback.

Recommended for Medium Skin