July 31, 2014 | 1038 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Colour Eyeshadow - Caliente 650

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by cmtruman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Caliente is my most often used e/s. Although pricey, it is highly pigmented and lasts all day. There's plenty of ways to play with the colors for daytime or nighttime, and it's easy for eyeshadow-challenged people like me. I would definitely recommend it for PPP, hazel eyes and dark hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2005 4:20:00 PM More reviews by calicokitty

Christian Dior shadows are the best. I've had the 650 caliente palette for a year now and love how the hues look with my coloring (Asian with MAC C3/4 skin). The quality is exceptional: colors are rich and saturated, easily blended, and easily buildable to create dark eyes. For all the Dior 5 colour compacts I've found that the shadows are arranged to combine easiest from either top to bottom or side to side. Three colors are all you really need anyway for crease, lid and brow - otherwise just one as a simple wash.

For ex., I normally only use colors from caliente this way: 1) Vertical colors - shimmery dense khaki green color, matte chocolate brown and shimmery golden orange hue; 2) Horizontal colors - creamy beige neutral, matte chocolate and deep rich warm based bronze color. Thanks MUA for teaching me even more different ways I can combine the colors!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2005 11:06:00 PM More reviews by highendheaven

All the Dior Quint e/s palettes are awesome. I have 19 of them. I had my makeup done by a top NYC makeup artist for a photo shoot for my CD cover, and he used CD shadows-said they are the smoothest and he likes them best.I agree. They rock! I use many kinds, but for smooth silky perfect application-DIOR all the way. And the compacts are gorgeous. IF you want great quality eye shadow, you NEED a quint-just pick the colors that suit you and it will become a staple. There are so many awesome color combinations. This one, CALIENTE, is one of my faves-it has the most gorgeous shimmery earth tones...all the colors are so verstaile and useable...eBay sellers have lots of the older (medium blue flat) style quints, don't be afraid of them-they can be gotten at bargain prices and are so worth the money-check out eBay search under Dior 5 Colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2005 2:26:00 AM More reviews by xel_ha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you like browns, this is a must have.Very pigmented and lasts all day.I would buy this again if I ever run out.Pricey but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 9:50:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I can't believe I haven't written a review on this yet - I use it constantly! But I find I'm partial to the two browns: one a reddish toned bronze, the other, a fairly basic matte brown. Whenever I want that "candlelit" look with a smoky eye, I pair those two colors with DiorShow mascara and my trusty MAC Teddy liner. I don't find myself reaching for the other three colors much, but that'll change someday. The texture, the smoothness, the everything about Dior shadows is absolutely, without a doubt, the best on the market. $50 CDN, which works out to $10 per individual shadow - works for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2004 3:08:00 PM More reviews by chilli

I'm a warm PPP with green eyes and this quint is my new love. The smoky eyes I can create with these colors... Especially love to use the burnt orangeish color on the wash and the dark olive green in the crease and as a liner, so pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Sygma

I have not yet even bought this product but its on my list - I first tried it in a Sephora, tested al the colors, then cleaned them off and tried them a different way. I made the tragic and unbelievable mistake of not coming back for this palette before checkout (I have the attention span of a fly in that store)but on the next trip I'll make sure not to forget. I imagine these shades would look good on any skintone, but especially great with hazel eyes. Try it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2004 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Mufie

Most pigmented e/s I've ever used, which is awesome, cause I don't think I'll ever run out of these. With my Clinique, I'd be scraping and scrubbing to the bottom of the pan to get some color on my brush. These CD e/s require one light swipe of my e/s brush and I'm good to go. Tons of different combos to try and I am a serious brown e/s addict, since I have hazel eyes. These are perfect, possibly HG and its hard to go wrong with them. I'm so happy I bought them, even for the price, because I'd probably spend just as much or more on 5 individual MAC, NARS or other brand shadows. I definitely recommend this palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2004 9:06:00 AM More reviews by AmyBianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with firesyren's description of the eye colors. They are gorgeous, wonderful texture, beautifully pigmented, a must have for girls who love brown eyeshadows =)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2004 12:03:00 AM More reviews by pinkice

These are great colors. I usually never wear these brown hues b/c I'm pale. I love the colors but right now im only using the brown color on the right. When I am tan they will all look hott!