October 25, 2014 | 1794 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I didn't write a review for the most horrid oil I ever tried in my life! This beats all the other horrible products I tried all my life.
Let me explain.
5 years ago I was working in England. Bio Oil was the big deal back then and you could find it everywhere. As I am a product junkie and especially naive and when I saw it at Boots it said- ,,Bio‑Oil is a specialist moisturizing oil that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging and dehydrated skin. Bio‑Oil has won 194 skincare awards and has become the No.1 selling scar and stretch mark product in 18 countries since its global launch in 2002'' -- I thought oh this is just great!

I bought the damn oil, went home, and massaged it gently on my face and body.
Ugh, first of all, it doesn't sink in not even on my very dry body. Then, on my facial skin it sat just like that , like an oil in the pan and after 5 mins my face became red, it was stinging but it was just red. After 15 mins I couldn't stand the greasiness on my face and body and I had to wear long pants and long sleeves t-shirt because whatever I would touch, it would leave an oily stain. So I had a shower.

The next day, I said let's try again. This time I just applied gently the oil on my skin, no massage, just tap on my skin and then one move on my whole face.
I had to go to work so I just left the house without thinking how horrible this oil is.
After about 30 mins my face became red, inflammed, I had very red dry patches on my cheeks, forehead and chin and looked like an irritation or an allergic to something.
My face was on fire and it looked and felt so greasy and red and like something was pulling my skin. It was just disgusting.
As soon as I got to work I had to wash my face because my skin looked so bad!
I pat my skin dry and my face still looked dry and red but at least I was happy I washed it off.
As soon as I got home I threw it in the bin because honestly it is the most horrible oil ever. I didn't even want to use on my body!

Of course I would never recommend and I told all my friends not to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by kthen305

I don't understand why a lot of people hate on this product. I am absolutely in love with this product. I have the worst skin on earth. It's dry, acne prone and sensitive. I use foundation on a daily basis and I like to try new products. This one foundation broke me out so bad. And it basically sucked out my skin's moisture causing me to have wrinkles at age 17. I hated looking at the mirror because when I did it made me cry like a little baby. Then a friend suggested bio oil. After a week my skin was repaired.

Pros:
1) Incredibly moisturizing.
2) Treated my chicken pox scars.
3) Treated my acne.
4) Works wonders for dry skin.
5) Treated my under eye wrinkles.
6) Works wonder for my under eye area as well. I just apply a little in that area and massage and it looks so hydrated when I take it off.
7) Firms the skin a little if massaged while application.
8) Makes the skin look so hydrated and moisturized.
9) An amazing treatment for all the problems in your skin.
10) It doesn't clog your pores.
11) It made my pores more tight and small.

Cons:
1) It has a beautiful fragrance that some people might find irritating.
2) Might transfer to clothes.
3) The price might be a problem for some people but it's pretty affordable.

I can't find any more cons for this product. It's an amazing product and it changed my life. It's pretty expensive but they come in different size. You can try the 30 ml one which is affordable to check if it works for your skin as well. I have the 200 ml one. I really suggest you guys to invest in one because it's an absolute life-saver.
I will buy this over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by danicayetano

I initially bought this to target stretch marks, and I did notice a difference, but I've become a huge fan since I started using it as a moisturizer before bed. I have particularly oily skin and somehow my face feels far better in the mornings when I've used this the night before (always after cleansing/exfoliating). You don't need much - I purchased the small bottle and after 6 months have not reached halfway yet. Unfortunately it hasn't done much to even out my skin tone and texture on my face but between the oil control, the pleasant scent and great price, as well as how it has also improved the state of my cuticles, I intend to keep using it unless some sort of miracle product appears.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by autobotofurdrms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product. It helps with my stretch marks I got from gaining weight and then losing weight so frequently. I use it on my face (i have dry skin and oily at the same time...I know odd) and it works just fine.
I have no issues with it breaking me out and i have VERY sensitive skin.
I put it on at night and in the morning my face looks so much better!!

I would recommend this product. But just buy the small one, they last forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by NETGEAR

Not good for acne prone skin/combination.
This product breaks me out and gives me black heads because of the 'oil.' So I'm not sure about the fading scars part, since it gives me more acne and some acne does leave me with scars. So now I got even more scars, thanks to this product.
Makes me feel very oily and look very oily.
I think this product shouldn't be used on face, since that area is prone to breakouts for most people, anywhere else in the body should be fine (I don't have scars on my body - so I can't say for sure).
And it's very expensive too. :/

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's just an oil. Does nothing for you that another oil can't. It's probably the worst thing you could put on your face though. It will break you out so don't use on face at all. I'd rather just buy a natural oil like coconut,Shea or grape seed. Probably be cheaper too...skip this. Trust me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulBritt33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Waste of money look at the ingredients it's mainly water and does nothing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by tamarleah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't really enjoy this product, used it every day as I was told it was good for scaring and all sorts, it didn't really produce much results also after a while the oil sticks on to your clothes and its not really pleasant but bearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Kadrianafernanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Bio Oil!! It's a must have if you are trying to reduce stretch mark scars or trying to prevent them. I used it everyday when I was pregnant with my daughter on my breast and my belly and I received no stretch marks!! I wish I had used it when I was younger and hit puberty to prevent the ones I have on my butt but it has significantly lightened them. My only issue with it is I wish it was a little less pricey. But it truly does work!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

A must have on my skincare routine. It's hydrating. I have the small size, using it every night and it's almost a year now, I'm not a half way through the bottle. But the reason it's my HG is because it help my acne scars fading like 2, 3 days after. I love this, and will keep purchasing it. Luckily, they sell it in Australia. The packaging looks cheap but it's OK