January 25, 2015 | 1857 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 4:11:00 PM More reviews by JenP1272

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using Bio Oil after a friend recommended it. I have been using it for about three months. I use it all over my body after I shower. I have recently been using it for the past month on my face, at night after I take off my makeup. My skin is very soft smooth and hydrated.
I see some have commented it was very oily. The key is to use it very sparingly. For instance, I only use a couple drops for my face.
I have yet to see any changes on my skin, beside the feel. However, I did not expect that only using it the short while I have. At the least, my skin is not dry and very soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2015 6:53:00 PM More reviews by andyschill

If you have recent, light acne scars, this stuff does work. I put it on a cotton ball and rub it into my skin at night, after I thoroughly wash it. (You don't need much for this oil to work.) The next morning, I notice my face looking more evenly toned. Recent acne scars start disappearing only a few days of using this product for me. I live in Boise, and our air is very dry. This oil gives me the hydration boost I need. If you live in a humid climate, you may loathe this stuff.

I do not think this stuff would be strong enough to remove stretch marks or acne scars from years ago. I think you will love this product if you use it for recent acne scars, but nothing more. Because of this, I can't give it 5 stars, however, I've been very pleased with how it's helped my light acne scars.

I have yet to break out from this product. I would recommend individuals with acne-prone skin to avoid this, however. There's no way I could have used this in my teens when my skin was going haywire. This stuff isn't a miracle oil, it's also not $100 a bottle. For what it is, I dig it. And, it lasts forever. I've been using it consistently for a month, and it doesn't look like I've even touched the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2015 4:35:00 AM More reviews by goldfish101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, if you're gonna buy bio oil for something like hyper pigmentation save your money and invest in something with an alpha hydroxy acid percentage of over 8% as this increases cell turnover and makes new skin resurface, and since its new skin it will be the same color as your normal skin.
DO NOT USE BIO OIL ON YOUR FACE OR OTHER ACNE PROBE AREAS.It will break you out. Mine didn't for the first few weeks but them bam!!! breakouts all over my cheeks where i never have them.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by HungryHannibal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a teenager and I have stretch marks from growing and such. This product faded some of my newer stretch marks on my inner thighs but didn't do much to older ones I have on my thighs and hips.
It moisturizes pretty well but I wouldn't really recommend this if you're looking to see a huge difference with stretch marks or scars.
It's a bit pricey and I'm not sure if I would purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A waste of your money. This doesn't help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, and while it moisturizes, it doesn't help prevent stretch marks either.

If you really want to prevent stretch marks, make sure you get proper nutrition (make sure you get zinc, vitamin E, B vitamins, etc., but especially zinc).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Kelsfacekilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I used it through both my previous pregnancies and this one (my third) as well and it has reduced the itchy irritation your tummy skin gets from stretching. i also have no stretch marks on my tummy! i know alot of that is genetic but proper moisturization certainly does help! it does get a little all over the place so less is more with this stuff. I see Alot of bad reviews from over application and alergic reactions. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Ditty109

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this oil! It's great for dry, acne-prone skin like myself! It does do exactly as it says on the bottle and the only con I can find is that it does take 3 months to see results. At one point I switched to another oil (Palmer's skin therapy oil) as it was cheaper and had better reviews, I hated it! It made my skin dry and didn't do anything! I went back to Bio oil last month and it is so much more moisturising and a bit thicker - which I like - a definite product in my skincare routine!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2014 4:25:00 AM More reviews by guccietro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mom uses this and she really believes in this product but I don't see any improvements on her face. After application, her face looks like an oil slick all the time. She's been using this for years but every year, she puts on more wrinkles. So stay away people.

I am trying to convince her to shift to rose hip seed oil which is much better for the skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I didn't write a review for the most horrid oil I ever tried in my life! This beats all the other horrible products I tried all my life.
Let me explain.
5 years ago I was working in England. Bio Oil was the big deal back then and you could find it everywhere. As I am a product junkie and especially naive and when I saw it at Boots it said- ,,Bio‑Oil is a specialist moisturizing oil that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging and dehydrated skin. Bio‑Oil has won 194 skincare awards and has become the No.1 selling scar and stretch mark product in 18 countries since its global launch in 2002'' -- I thought oh this is just great!

I bought the damn oil, went home, and massaged it gently on my face and body.
Ugh, first of all, it doesn't sink in not even on my very dry body. Then, on my facial skin it sat just like that , like an oil in the pan and after 5 mins my face became red, it was stinging but it was just red. After 15 mins I couldn't stand the greasiness on my face and body and I had to wear long pants and long sleeves t-shirt because whatever I would touch, it would leave an oily stain. So I had a shower.

The next day, I said let's try again. This time I just applied gently the oil on my skin, no massage, just tap on my skin and then one move on my whole face.
I had to go to work so I just left the house without thinking how horrible this oil is.
After about 30 mins my face became red, inflammed, I had very red dry patches on my cheeks, forehead and chin and looked like an irritation or an allergic to something.
My face was on fire and it looked and felt so greasy and red and like something was pulling my skin. It was just disgusting.
As soon as I got to work I had to wash my face because my skin looked so bad!
I pat my skin dry and my face still looked dry and red but at least I was happy I washed it off.
As soon as I got home I threw it in the bin because honestly it is the most horrible oil ever. I didn't even want to use on my body!

Of course I would never recommend and I told all my friends not to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by kthen305

I don't understand why a lot of people hate on this product. I am absolutely in love with this product. I have the worst skin on earth. It's dry, acne prone and sensitive. I use foundation on a daily basis and I like to try new products. This one foundation broke me out so bad. And it basically sucked out my skin's moisture causing me to have wrinkles at age 17. I hated looking at the mirror because when I did it made me cry like a little baby. Then a friend suggested bio oil. After a week my skin was repaired.

Pros:
1) Incredibly moisturizing.
2) Treated my chicken pox scars.
3) Treated my acne.
4) Works wonders for dry skin.
5) Treated my under eye wrinkles.
6) Works wonder for my under eye area as well. I just apply a little in that area and massage and it looks so hydrated when I take it off.
7) Firms the skin a little if massaged while application.
8) Makes the skin look so hydrated and moisturized.
9) An amazing treatment for all the problems in your skin.
10) It doesn't clog your pores.
11) It made my pores more tight and small.

Cons:
1) It has a beautiful fragrance that some people might find irritating.
2) Might transfer to clothes.
3) The price might be a problem for some people but it's pretty affordable.

I can't find any more cons for this product. It's an amazing product and it changed my life. It's pretty expensive but they come in different size. You can try the 30 ml one which is affordable to check if it works for your skin as well. I have the 200 ml one. I really suggest you guys to invest in one because it's an absolute life-saver.
I will buy this over and over again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No