September 21, 2014 | 976 users online

Lip Gloss - Blistex - Blistex conditioning lip gloss

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by blonde93

Blistex always makes great lip balms. I love this one for under lipsticks. It seems to prolong the lipstick's life for a few extra hours which is fine by me! This is also fantastic for when you're going to the beach and need an SPF balm. It doesnt wash off straight away in the water and prevents your lips from burning for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2004 2:14:00 AM More reviews by svet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for years. It keeps your lips moist and protected and has SPF 20.

My only concern is that I have to religiously apply it every couple of hours because my lips have become very dependant on it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2004 7:26:00 PM More reviews by adachic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty good, although some products are better (I prefer the blistex fruit smoothies lip balms). Overall, it was still good, but not great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2004 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This seems to be essentially a thinner version of the daily lip conditioner so that it can be put into a tube form. Same feel, taste and tingle. It then loses 4 SPF points and becomes SPF16, which is still pretty good protection. Although called a gloss it's certainly not like Clinique Superbalm which is as glossy as a Lancome Juicy Tube. It's not even like a clear lipgloss of any brand I've tried. It's not much glossier visually on the lips than the daily lip conditioning treatment in the little white pot but it's got a glossier texture. Don't get me wrong, it's glossy but in a natural sort of way. It's certainly not a high-shine or wet-look. However, it is good for over a lip liner, lipstick or lip stain. As I love the little white pot as a lip balm and as I use Superbalm as a clear lip gloss, there is probably no need for me to buy this again. But it's another good Blistex product.