October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Garnier - Fresh gentle eye makeup remover for sensitive eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

Okay, first of all I LOVE the new packaging. The old matched the Vitamin Enriched Toner's packaging with it's translucent pale green bottle and shape, but the new packaging is a clear bright green bottle with updated shape.

Second: I absolutely love this product. It is the ONLY product I've ever used for removing eye makeup that has not stung my eyes. I even accidentally splashed a drop of this directly in my eye and it felt nothing. The PH balance of this product is almost identical to that of your tears. It's incredibly gentle, but very effective. I use both regular and waterproof mascara and this removed both within minutes. I soaked a cotton ball, pressed it over the lid for a few seconds, then wiped. Off came the shadow and a good deal of the mascara. The rest of the mascara could then be removed by gently rubbing, focusing on the lashes. I then checked with a moist cotton ball to see if any was left and my lashes were cleaner than they probably have been in forever. For only $4 you can't beat the price, and this product is a must have. I'm assuming the formula must've changed since the previous reviews.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by JustynaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for my vacation to remove my waterproof mascara and it did not work at all. It was as effective as water.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by hmaheshwari

Total waste of money. This product is too gentle to remove gel liners and mascara. I believe washing my eyes with plain water would give a better result than this junk. Total waste of money. I'll just stick to buying an oil based remover from now.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by fenggg

Used this product on eye makep, but it is just too gentle, so it struggles to remove my waterproof eyeliners.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

This review is for the Simply Essential Soothing eye make-up remover, that looks similar to the picture but it's in a light blue bottle.
Now, I find this to be very similar to the Bioderma, in the sense that it's a water-like makeup remover with no perfume, alcohol or colourants, and can be just wiped away instead of washed off (I wash it off!). It feels almost the same on my skin (the Bioderma is a little bit lighter), and doesn't irritate my eyes which is very important to me as I have super sensitive eyes that start stinging and watering from anything.
Performance-wise, again it is similar to the Bioderma. It removes face makeup very well (I use both sides of a cotton pad), however eye makeup it doesn't do such a great job at removing. Thus the lower rating. I find it has a hard time with mascara, and I'm not talking waterproof one, just regular old mascara. Whatever mascara I use, if I try to take it off with this, I'll have to use about 2 cotton pads, and after cleansing afterwards with a cleanser I'll still have mascara smears under my eyes.
So no, I will not repurchase this again. I wish I found a water-like remover that actually took off mascara properly. The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by SweetSmellingToilets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this make-up remover! It works really well on the make-up I use (which is generally shadow and waterproof liner). The mascara I use (L'oreal Double Extend) comes off with warm water so I don't try to get my mascara off with this. I'm on my second bottle and I love the fact that it's not oily and that it never hurts my eyes even though I wear contacts!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by swedenxfinland

Total waste of money. I mainly bought this to remove water proof eyeliner but it doesn't even remove my non-waterproof mascara. One good thing about it is how gentle it is. I was rubbing at my waterline for quite some time trying to get it to work and no irritation at all.
The texture is very heavy and oily so you need to wash your face and hands multiple times afterwards to get rid of all the grease.
The only thing I liked was the packaging which is a simple flip cap so it's easy to manage how much product you use.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The bottle is great with a flip-cap, easy to control the amount of product released.
I don't find it takes anything off; i'm a multiple layer of mascara kinda girl and this is completely ineffective at removing it. I generally use an oil based to remove and then this one to remove the oily residue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 2 (~$6-7/150 mL)

Packaging: 4

Buy again: yes

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought this product a while ago looking for a gentle, effective, and cheap eye makeup remover. This one fits the bill. It removes eye liner, non-waterproof mascara, and eyeshadow without any problems at all, without drying out the skin around my eyes or irritating my eyes. The packaging says that it can remove Waterproof makeup, but I have to say it doesn't. This product also smells amazing, and doesn't have an oily after feel.

Packging-wise, I like it. It has a flip-cap, which I like more than a pump or twist off cap. I can control the amount of product very easily, and I like the clear packaging so I can see how much I have left.

The only problem I have with this, is that it doesn't remove waterproof mascara, which I wear more often than not. So, that's kind of a problem for me. If I wasn't wearing waterproof makeup, I definitely would buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by chellybean19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was terrible! It took some real effort to get my eye makeup off (waterproof mascara and mac fluid liner) which led to me losing several lashes on both eyes. It also led my eyes to get really red and itchy. After using it, my eyes would leaky and gross. Some mornings, I would wake up and have so much eye goop (gross I know!) and my eye lids would be stuck. Once I bought another brand, I never experienced this again. I ended up giving this product to my cousin who has had no problems with it.

I do have sensitive eyes so maybe that is just it.