October 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Eyeliner - Yves Saint Laurent - Long-lasting Eye Pencil (Dessin Du Regard Haute Tenue)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Black Ink, and I'm shocked at how bad it is. Seriously, just one of the worst eyeliners I've ever worn. It smudges within minutes of applying, flakes, smears, and transfers. For a high-end, expensive eyeliner claiming to be waterproof I expect it to at the very least stay put for a few hours. My skin is normal to slightly dry, and I don't usually have issues with eyeliners smudging or or creasing unless they're very, very creamy. And even then it's only a little bit. So I don't know what to make of this mess.

Pros are the the dreamy, soft crayon formula that applies easily, and the intense pigmentation that looks inky black. I like the matte finish as well. If it didn't give me raccoon eyes I'd say it's pretty amazing pigment-wise. But I actually had to wash this off entirely before I left the house when I looked in the mirror for a quick check before leaving and noticed that my eyes looked like I'd been out all night and it'd only been about ten minutes since I'd done my makeup. And this is over the Nars eye primer too.

This is going back to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Both the regular and waterproof versions of these are perfect. The regular version is so easy and smooth to apply and I am pretty useless at eyeliner. The waterproof is more waxy and fantastic for the waterline, lasts all day too. HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by chicglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product!!!

I have only used this product in my waterline, but it's very easy to apply unlike most eyeliners!

Goes on in 1-3 swipes!

Long lasting!

Perfect perfect perfect!

I haven't used too many eyeliners, but YSL went on MUCH easier than the Sephora brand...(I've used some other brands too but I can't remember which one's weren't good).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Why do people not like this!? I really, really love these. They are easy to apply, blend and smudge. The colours are all so flattering and they do not budge on me for 8+ hours.
These are by far my favourite eye liners of all time, at least I've found a HG product in at least one area.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I may have an updated version of this pencil because mine does not look like the picture.
I bought this in two colors, ultramarine and amazon green, and while I love the colors and how smoothly they apply, I am sad about the issues with it; I can only carefully apply this to my top lashline but if I dare to put it anywhere near the bottom lashline or get too close to the top lashes, it coats my contact lenses within 2 hours and I cant see out of them anymore.
I took them out and rinsed/washed them with the saline solution but the film would not budge so I had to use my emergency glasses I keep in the car.
I have tried this twice just to make sure that it was this eyeliner that was the culprit. It also smudged onto my browbone within a few hours of wear, but I do have very oily lids and slightly hooded eyes as well. Still, there are other eyeliners that dont budge on me and dont transfer, like noir cosmetics and most UD liners.
I do like the YSL potted gel eyeliner because it does not have these issues, I just cannot recc. this pencil.
It is also very soft, which means you have to sharpen it every time if you dont want a huge thick line across your eyelid, making this a very pricey eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by makeuptester60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

another very expensive product but a high quality one. It lasts well and doesnt smudge. I havent had any eye irritation either so thats a major reason to make a repeat purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by krisaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the waterproof version of this in Black. I can say that this is the best pencil eyeliner I have ever used. It glides on so easily on my waterline. I'm very happy with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the waterproof version, which is more like a crayon than a pencil. I have this in three shades, all of which are super pigmented. The black is vivid like ink (which may or may not be a good thing, personally I think dark blacks do not flatter my eyes), the brown is a perfect deep (almost black) brown, and the navy colour is also very nice. All the colours are smooth and tug-free, which is a big bonus for waterproof pencils. When applied to the inner rim of the eye (tightlining/waterlining), the product does tend to migrate away but nonetheless stays put once it reaches your lash line. Having said that, for me, this is the pencil with the greatest staying power on the waterline. It does not smudge.

Although this a HG eyeliner for me, I had to take one lippie off for the fact that every second time I use it, I have to sharpen it. So it is not a very economical pencil, given it is not on the cheap side to begin with. That's the trade off for being super soft and easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by JuJu05

this is a great eyeliner. I don't understand why people say it smudges, to me it melts off, but does not smudge. The sales person at Sephor marked their hand with it, and tested it for me by rubbing for a while, nothing happened. I got it in darkest black, and when I wear it, it stays for 8+ hours. It only melts off at the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by trina856

I have this eyeliner in brown.its a nice rich chocolate brown on me and looks good with my brown/green eyes. I think it's way over priced tho. It goes on nicely and doesn't tug at my skin but I do notice it smudges on my oily skin at the outer corners of my eye after a few hours.itvalso doesn't stay in my water line for but about an hour. Very disappointing,I really wanted to love this eyeliner,but it could perform better in my opinion.i will continue to use it but probably won't repurchase.