September 19, 2014 | 1774 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Sensitive Skin Solutions Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by elysiamarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Goes on good, and doesn't burn, but when it dries, watch out, it made my cheeks soo dry. Would not reccomend this product to anyone. Very dissappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by nmh591

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since my skin is sensitive (not extremely, but enough to limit my purchases significantly), I decided to get an alcohol-free toner... but this is not the one for me. Although it doesn't have alcohol, it apparently has "mild purifiers" that aren't really that mild. When you put this toner on, it doesn't burn at all. When it's drying, you feel a tiny tingle... but it takes a while to dry, so it's sticky for most of the time, and it leaves a slightly "tacky" residue. The smell is pleasant in general, but you can tell it's covering up a chemical smell and when you think about putting it on your skin, you think twice (as with a lot of other toners). It dried out my cheeks horribly (not flaky, but just dry, like a desert :P). I have put on my good moisturizer several times and they are still dry to the touch.

Bottom line: I have used a toner full of alcohol that doesn't harm my skin at all, but this certainly did and it's "alcohol-free". I'd wonder about those "mild purifiers"...

I'm glad that this product worked out for others, but it didn't on me. Bummer. :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by breeknee

This is okay. I don't think that it really did it's job all that well. It did what it promised, it acted as a toner and cleaned my pores without feeling harsh on my skin, I just feel like it was so gentle that it maybe didn't do anything? I am used to getting a bunch of "leftover" things out of my pores after using a toner, and when using this one, I feel like it isn't getting as much.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2006 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Jennybear

Works well as you use it, but after you let it set in for awhile it left my skin dry and tight...i'd rate this a mediocre toner. There are much better toners out there than this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 4:12:00 AM More reviews by helenmelon

I remember using this back in the day when I had an acne problem, and this didn't seem to help at all. Nevertheless, I still used it, and it wasn't irritating so that was okay

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2005 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin can be all over the place (dry in winter, hormonal break-outs, super-oily in the summer) and this works great year 'round! I've decided that buying "sensitive skin" products work the best for me. As I get older (37 now), I'm noticing my skin getting more dry and this toner removes the excess make-up, but doesn't dry me out, which is ideal. Don't buy the regular alcohol-free toner thinking it will work just as good. I made that mistake only because the store was out of this. It must be goog because the stores can't keep it on the shelves for long.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2005 12:43:00 AM More reviews by sugamunki

I'm currently on Accutane and not supposed to wash my face with anything except Galderma's Cetaphil...but it doesn't leave my skin feeling "clean" enough. So I saw this for 35% off and just had to givce it a try. My skincare will never be complete without it! No tightness or burning and doesn't even leave my skin red at all! Just feels smooth and ready for some lotion (I have to apply lotion 2x/day with accutane)

Highly recommended to anybody anywhere with skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although this product is quite gentle on skin, it does little to remove makeup or prevent breakouts. Overall, not much better than water.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

Even though the price isn't that bad, it's not even worth it. I'd rather use Dove toner than this. It's nice and refreshing, but like it's cleanser, it doesn't do much. I'm not sure how really sensitive skins are doing with it - I'm not that sensitive and found it to sting a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by StephRexy

This product is the best for sensitive skin. I have sensitive combination skin and usually everything makes my skin dryish and break out but this made my skin so clear I haven't broken out in months. After I use this toner I put on Neutrogena combination skin moisterizer and my skin feels clean and moisterized and zit free.