October 30, 2014 | 1709 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Sweet Cheeks Liquid Blush - Sugar

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am really liking the hard candy liquid blushes, this one is a rose sort of color, slightly nude, has a shimmery finish. What I really like these for is days when I'm not doing a whole lot of m/u just an extra flush of color really makes me look alive. These are awesome just to dot onto the apples of your cheeks and blend w fingers or a brush, and the final effect is very natural. I find its also a wonderful base for a more made-up look, followed by a powder blush. I've noticed that combo has more staying power than either alone. In any case this is a lovely mid-toned somewhat rose-y shade that I highly recommend. I think it would work well for most skin tones, more pigmented than the hunny bunny which is a pale peachy color, I like em both :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Thick and creamy liquid blush in pearlescent honeyed pink; a warm nude pink with a pearly finish. The shade looks a little light in the bottle for my AAB/NC25 coloring but it's just rich enough to show on me - gives a slight warm glow to my cheeks. Moderately well pigmented. I use one dab per cheek for a sheer look and build up as desired. The thick creamy texture is easy to blend; doesn't dry too quickly so there's plenty of time to work with it.

Comparisons - Liquid form of Smashbox Skin Tint in Tint and NARS powder blush in Orgasm.

Packaging - Cylindrical nail polish style bottle with clear body and brush applicator attached to the plastic silvertone screw-on top. Sometimes needs a shake before using. I would have preferred a lip gloss type tube with doe foot.

Overall - Great when I need just a little color. Personally I'm not a fan of the nail polish style packaging, so I would not repurchase, but the formula is nice. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by twolunarspring

This is very sweet - as it's name would suggest. It was my first adventure into liquid blush and I love it to bits. It's a very girly, frivolous, pretty shade and it applies very nicely - it can be the subtlest of tints or a pretty flush depending upon your application. It doesn't upset my skin (I had expected it might) and it definitely works better without foundation. If you use powder, make sure you apply it afterwards. It does feel a bit like you're daubing paint on your cheeks (er... which you are) but if you can tolerate that, I think you'll be pelased with the results. It's not as good as BeneTint, but it's perfect for a terribly innocent little-girl blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2006 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Cland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very pretty, blendable, easy to apply liquid blush. What I don't like about it is the applicator - I will never be able to get it all out and was having issues with it about 3/4 of the way through the bottle and that's unacceptable to me. When I buy a product I expect to be able to use all of it, and because it's glass I can't even break the package and put it into a different container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 5:53:00 AM More reviews by tropicaldreamx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this blush!! It is so easy to apply and it gives a really nice color. I didn't think the little bottle would last me as long as it has..but a little goes a long way. It has been pretty each for me to blend on top of foundation. I would deff. buy again if I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 8:37:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This works really well for me. I have really pale skin but this goes on really sheer for a nice fresh look. Real easy to blend when applied over tinted moitsturizer, you need to work a bit more when applying over foundation but the result is nice after a while. Sugar gives a nice pink glowy look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2005 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I am not a huge fan of Hard Candy products (anyone who has ever bought their keychain lip glosses knows why). But I have been looking for a "cheek stain" that would give me a natural look. This is a very pretty, sheer wash of rose/peach/pink (if that makes any sense). Would look good on most skin types. Three lippies because the price is a bit high for what you get, and the bottle and applicator are not too convenient. Might repurchase, but not definite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2004 8:21:00 PM More reviews by clnfox

This is a really natural-looking flush with just a tiny bit of shimmer. It's really easy to apply--the bottle has a nail-polish style brush in the lid, and you just dab a drop on each cheek and blend it in. Most blushes are too pink for me (I'm Asian with yellow undertones) but this is very sheer and pretty; it brightens up my whole face and lasts almost all day. My only minor complaint is that the lettering on the bottle wore off in my makeup bag! I wore this at my wedding this summer and will probably repurchase when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2004 12:18:00 AM More reviews by kookykitty

Wow! I love these Sweet Cheeks Liquid Blushes! This review is for Sugar. On my Stila D/E yellow undertoned very warm skin, Sugar is a pink tinged melon. It was peachier than I thought it would be(I thought it would be rosy or pink) but I think it is because of my very warm yellow undertones. In the bottle it has gold shimmer, but I don't really detect any shimmer on my face. In fact, the shimmer is so subtle, it just creates a glow instead. Sooo pretty! Not what I expected in color, but I am very pleasantly surprised! The color makes me look fresh and awake no matter how little sleep I have had. It is easy to apply, too. It comes packaged in a nail polish like bottle with a little nail polish brush looking applicator. I dotted about 3-4 dots on the apples of my cheeks and then I tapped it in and blended w/ a patting motion usuing my 3rd and 4th fingers. Easy peasy! It dries to a nice soft matte finish while allowing enough time to pat and blend before it dries completely. It is also Sage-Safe(non comodegenic--won't clog pores) and it hasn't broken out my oily acne prone skin. I have found a new fave blush! :)
*****EDITED****
Ok, I have changed my rating from 5 lippies to 3 because this product does not apply well if you use medium/full coverage foundation and powder underneath it. I find that when I try to apply it to my skin after I have my foundation set, the HC sweet cheeks is blotchy and looks awful. It is impossible to blend and if you try to pat it in, it picks up some of your foundation. I am keeping this product, though, because it looks and applies well on bare faces or faces with just powder/sheerer foundation or a tinted moisturizer. So, I save it for when my skin looks better and I don't have as much foundation on my face. :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2004 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sugar is a muted iridescent rosey pinky peach with subtle pink and gold shimmer. Applied lightly, it gives my cheeks a pretty glow. It has a creamy texture and wears all day on me. Its a water based blush, so it looks very natural on. NC25, LLL.