July 29, 2014 | 1635 users online

Moisturizers - Bobbi Brown - Extra Face Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Lovechild67

I love love this face oil!!! I have been using this about 2 years..I have combination skin. This makes my skin so soft and not greasy.. My only complaint would be the bottle itself.. It has a tendency to fill in the cap and run down the bottle. But I can't live without this . I use it twice a day .. The scent is incredible!! Thanks Bobbi!:)😚

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by MB418

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not like this product. I have very dry skin and thought this would help with the dryness. However it made me break out a little which it's very rare for me. Very awkward to apply as it doesn't come with a dropper and the opening is big. My husband finds use with it on his mosquito bites.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by CMJ2007

The Best! I used this for a month and my skin is incredible. The Best!,

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I am reallllllly into oils right now! I've tried: Vitamin E oil, Rosehip oil, Argan oil, and this BB oil. Right now I have Combo skin & I used this BB oil last night & woke up with glowy skin (my husband even commented on how great my skin looks (but I do get really dry skin after I perform at home chemical peels so I need oils more so then). Most of the oils I use have only 1 ing. lol =) I don't know if I'd re-purchase this tho cuz I feel I could try other oils like Emu or Jojoba or Meadowfoam for a fraction of the price, with BB I'm really paying for the brand. This would be a luxurious splurge for me if I decide to buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by tanseyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Update: Still love it. I go through it much faster (3 bottles/year) than some other reviewers, for use on face and neck. Original Review: I have been using this for two weeks on my combination skin. I have been using Cerave cream for 2 years, with good results for night moisture, but have been intrigued by new interest in oil products and often feel like I'm gooping up my face with creams before bed, which feels less than sexy. My new nighttime ritual is to cleanse (EL perfectly clean), and apply prescription Retin A. Then Estee Lauder's advanced night repair serum and BB extra eye balm (which is also new to me--verdict not yet in). Once the ANR serum is absorbed, I apply BB extra face oil to face and neck with a gentle massage, and allow that to sink in. Right before bed, I am giving a facial spritz of water (Aveda Flower Water, or rose water) and just a touch of Cerave cream at the top of my cheeks and around my lips, where I tend to dry/wrinkle. I feel glowing and not gooped as I get into bed. Skin is baby soft in the mornings--so lovely and calm, that I hate to wash it, so usually just use a gentle toner (EL soft clean) and proceed with morning products. Very happy with the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

No words can describe how much I love this product! I have been suffering from dry flaky skin for many years and I have tried many different brands of moisturisers ranging from drugstore to high end (la mer, la prairie etc). For reference I have combination-dry-sensitive skin that leans on the dry side. I usually flake around my cheek area but occasionally I do flake around my forehead.

I had come to a point whereby I told myself to accept the fact that there is no moisturiser out there that is good enough for my dry skin until very recently I was introduced to this amazing face oil during a Bobbi Brown makeover by a lovely Bobbi Brown SA. At first I was very hesitant to apply oil on my face. Although I have dry skin I have constantly been told by many that dry skin needs water and not oil. I was convinced that it would clog my pores; worse still cause whiteheads/blackheads! The SA applied this face oil to my face prior to makeup application. She explained to me that this is their best selling S.O.S face oil. She assured me that the face oil contains only natural essential oils and does not contain mineral oil. This amazing oil is made of olive oil, sesame seed oil, jojoba oil, sandalwood, patchouli and lavender so you can imagine that it smells amazing! She also told me that she has been using this oil religiously for 4-5 years and sure enough she does have lovely skin. I purchased a bottle home for the price of RM 220 [which is more expensive than what you pay for in the US ] and went home thinking that I just blew an exorbitant amount of money on something completely pointless.

I started using this oil religiously every night after my usual skincare (cleanse, tone and moisturise) and I noticed that my skin is less flaky after the first week. It has been almost a month since I started using this oil and the flaky skin is all gone! I couldn't be happier. Makeup application is so much smoother and I don't have to worry about patchy foundation anymore. In fact I am convinced that it has improved the quality of my skin as my overall complexion looks more glowy and even toned.

I'm however not a fan of the packaging but I don't dislike it. I don't have a problem using it. I always place a palm on the opening and tip it over. I get the right amount of product for a full face and neck application.

I will definitely repurchase this product and I highly recommend it to anyone with dry sensitive skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by BRABKIN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use this when outdoor winter sports/wind have made the skin on my face raw, and it does not irritate at all. The reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 lippies is the packaging - you only need a little but it's hard not to get too much because of the relatively large opening at the top. Having said that, when I accidentally overdo the quantity, I rub it on my knees, neck, elbows, and anywhere else that is dry, where it feels good and soothes dryness without being too greasy. The other problem with the packaging is that it is a glass bottle which is kind of heavy and not well suited to travel for that reason. It's not so much that it is breakable - it actually feels pretty sturdy - it is more just the weight of it. On the other hand, the glass seems to keep the product more pure than plastic probably would. This face oil has a scent, but it is sort of oriental-ish, not a floral scent, and a little spicy which I like. Sometimes in the winter I'll use a drop of this instead of perfume! You have to give it at least ten minutes to sink in before you put make-up or anything else on top of it, but at least on my dry skin it is very well absorbed, you just have to be a little patient as it does not absorb instantly.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by orangeabo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Too oily. Acne immediately came out after using it for just a day or two. Bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by asaphia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hope you're sitting down.

My skin type is generally combination-oily. For me, that means dehydrated cheeks, general (at times intense) oiliness throughout the day (my best friend is my blot powder) and enlarged, clogged pores. A lot of elasticity thanks to the extreme level of oil, and once my skin becomes familiar with the signs of ageing I'm sure it'll be grateful, but until then, the amount of shine throughout the day is the bane of my (physical) existence. You could deep fry things in my pores. And I'm only slightly exaggerating.

Having set you up with that, I still hope you're sitting down, because despite my excessive surface oil problem, BB Extra Face Oil was a godsend for me. There, I said it.

I'm still baffled as to how a single product can change my life. I'm still a little spellbound and in complete awe of it. Having said that, I have only used it about 4 times. All of them by borrowing my cousin's. I said no, my face is oily enough as it is (and having worked in cosmetics, I realise oil breaks down oil, but that's really more for cleansing, right?) and she said, doesn't matter - you'll LOVE it. She wasn't lying.

First of all,I'm cautious of all oils due to my above description of my skin. Second, due to this extreme sense of distrust (my brief fling with rosehip oil in the past had gone very quickly downhill), oils are just completely unfamiliar to me other than for cleansing with. Not on the body, and definitely not on the face (although I'm now a changed woman, including my newfound love for Neutrogena Body Oil - but that's a whole new obsessive story..). But she promised me that it wouldn't leave a greasy residue on my skin, and attempted to rattle off all the different oils in the product (and struggled from the extensive variety) so I tentatively massaged in the smallest, sheerest amount possible. It felt alright. Didn't feel too thick and greasy. Didn't look too greasy either.

Half an hour later, she reminded me that I'd just put oil on my face by asking how it felt. My reply? 'OMG, I put oil on my face! I totally forgot!' Because my face didn't look or feel greasy. Not only that, I couldn't FEEL any residue on my face. But the best thing was, it didn't feel tight or uncomfortable. It was a miracle. The next morning i woke up and my face wasn't covered in breakouts. I didn't know miracles could get any better until that point.

The decider though, was what happened during those couple of days using the oil, and the week that followed. During those two days of using the oil, morning and night, I used my powder ONCE for a light touch up one evening. That's once in two days, as in not even after my makeup. My foundation sat on my skin looking semi-matte and glowing, even immediately after application, which was why I'd skipped powder in the first place. That miracle? It seemed to be getting even better.

However, I parted with my cousin (we were on holiday), which also meant parting with the oil. And here comes that decider - the following week, I popped my foundation on, and skipped powder. The thing was (just to complicate this even more), I'd started using a new foundation the day I used the oil. Initially, I'd actually attributed the powderless miracle to the foundation. But lo and behold, an hour into the day, my face was once again a glowing ball of surface oil. Let's be honest, I was visually disgusting. So I powdered. Two hours later I powdered again. Then again. You know the story. Then it hit me - the oil had helped to balance my skin perfectly.

So I realise that yes, I only used it for two days. I don't own the product(...yet). I have no stable proof. And yet, if you are someone like me who has suffered chronic shiny skin for most of your life, you will understand just how big a deal it is, not having to powder your skin at all. It's actually almost incomprehensive.

The BB Extra Face Oil to me means moisture that balances your own natural oil production (in my case, providing enough so that my own skin didn't over-produce throughout the day, but not so much that I broke out or suffered greasy residues), comfortable and supple skin texture (even after just 4 uses) and makeup sitting a lot smoother on your skin. Being makeup artist, I am always conscious of how smoothly (or not) foundation sits on my skin. And this product just solved all problems. No lie. They're not paying me at BB, I swear - in fact I'm trying to summon the courage in spending that much money on such a small package.

So there in lies the problem - this product isn't cheap. Especially for those of us in Oceania where everything is excessively marked up. I haven't been brave enough to enquire the NZ cost, but the cousin said something about AUD120. That's pretty intense. And the bottle - she almost burst into tears one night because she knocked it over and enough oil to cover both our bodies spilt out in flash. Cute bottle, but defintiely no practical, especially immediately after using oil with your hands then having to handle glass.

But overall, I just wanted to pop in my two cents, in case anyone with similar skin to mine was wondering about the product. Of course, we may sound the same yet you might break out. There's no telling till you try. What I'm more saying is that if you can get the chance to try it risk free like me, then it's product that even us oilies can consider using. After all, I know firsthand just how easy it is to dismiss the idea of oils.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by shopshopguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I have doubts on applying oil on my face but this magic bottle totally changed my view on face oil. I love it! After cleansing and tonic water, I apply (yes with finger tips) gently all over my face and then apply moisturizer. It keeps my face hydrated throughout the day! Wonderful product and smell is great.