October 25, 2014 | 1646 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by SingAllYouWant

After using this for almost a year religiously, I noticed in natural light that it looked orange on me. After taking a break from it for a month or two, I have rekindled my love for this concealer. Very thick and covers everything I need it to. Definitely helps heal blemishes as well! I believe this might be a holy grail product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by franneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a concealer containing salicylic acid for the longest time. I'm dealing with acne/pimples right now, so it's important that i'm not just covering my acne with layers and layers of makeup. I was using FitMe by Maybelline before and I really do love it, but I wanted a concealer that would contain some form of ingredient to somewhat help the healing process. Enter, Almay Clear Complexion Concealer. I picked this up at my local London Drugs. It comes in 3 shades and fortunately, the darkest shade (Medium) matches my skin well. Not perfectly, but when blended with my foundation, it does the job.

Today was the first day I used it and I had to write a review. Let me just say... for a drugstore concealer, it is very impressive. Blendable, buildable (if you want more coverage), and does not irritate my acne. Tip: only use on problem areas. It doesn't work well under the eyes. Since my skin is combination/oily, it's a huge plus that it has a matte finish. I'd say the only downside is the applicator. If it came in a tube, as opposed to a wand w/ sponge applicator, it would be much more sanitary. Otherwise, it's a great product. Would definitely recommend trying!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by SlantySlanty

I'm on my second tube because this stuff lasts forever (but you should toss it out after 18months). It's the best concealer I've ever tried. I use it around my nose, on pimples, and under my eyes and it does the job so well! it's the first drugstore brand concealer that hasn't clogged my pores or made me break out. I don't wear concealer everyday but when I do this is what I use

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by patience09

I am currently on my second tube. I really like this concealer, it's not cakey, it covers blemishes and redness well, its no miracle concealer but it's pretty good for the price. It doesn't cause my breakouts to get worse. I don't find however that it doesn't anything to clear breakouts. I would only use this concealer for covering blemishes, not suitable for the under eye are, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Careybkr

I can honestly say I haven't left the house without using this concealer in years and I'm not exaggerating. This does an excellent job of covering redness and hiding the acne on my chin and jawline. Even when I worked in an outdoor restaurant in Florida where I would sweat and barely have time to go to the bathroom let alone fix and re-do my makeup. I've even gone to the beach and the gym with minimal amounts wearing off. On the other hand, because it stays on so well make sure you have a good cleanser to get it all off at night.

However, I would not say this product does much to heal existing acne but it also doesn't make it worse or cause more which is all I can really ask for. I always put on sunscreen before which helps to moisturize the areas I will apply it to and it avoids the cakiness/flakey appearance others have described.

Other notes, I'm fair skinned (but not ghostly pale) and I use the lightest shade and its perfect. Hopefully there will come a day when I don't need this product but until then I keep a tube with me where ever I go.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Monicalpizar17

Because of the good reviews I read about this product I decided to give it a shot and the result was disappointing, at least for me!
The lightest shade is a little bit darker than my skin but it wasn't that bad, the biggest issue with this concealer is that it cakes on my blemishes making them stand out even more and doesn't neutralize the redness.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by nanciixd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to love this concealer because it covered up my blemishes and scars very nicely and it was long lasting. However, I started to realize that the scar areas that I used this concealer on ended up getting severely clogged. This concealer actually is very difficult to remove. I use an oil cleanser and then normal cleanser after but I still broke out from this so I would definitely avoid staying away from this concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by kittyrose

Favorite concealer! Does an excellent job covering up blemishes. I use the light shade, unless I'm using self-tanner in which case I go to light-medium.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by perchta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this concealer! I have acne, and a regular concealer just tended to make it worse - this stuff helps me get rid of them! I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I'd pretty much given up on concealer because the stuff would make my skin worse. I bought this on a whim, and I'm suprisingly happy with it! Going to be buying more of the clear complexion line in the future!

Con: it dries very fast, and with the consistency of acne creams - you have to blend it quickly!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Jazzbainsx

This was my first concealer i got it in the shade light. I mainly need a concealer which covers my under eye dark circles. The light shade did match my skin very nicely which i liked and i liked the packaging very simple and easy. I also think this concealer was quiet creamy and not cakey. It blends it very well think the fingers. My problem with this is that although it covers up the darkness under my eyes it DOESN'T cover my under eye circles even if i build it up. When i tried applying this with a eye brush it did cover my under eye circles but it started like leaving cracks if that makes sense lol so thats the reason why i wouldn't buy it because it doesn't actually cover my under eye circles very well.