January 29, 2015 | 1042 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 2:46:00 AM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so happy that I found this product because of MUA. I don't get a lot of acne, but when I do it's always very noticeable because it's either on my chin or right in between my eyebrows. I really love that this product has salicylic acid in it so that I know that it's helping me fight acne rather than making me break out.

The product blends in really beautifully with my tinted moisturizer and covers the pimples that I do get extremely well. I only need a tiny little dab of the product and it's more than enough to cover up. I agree with the previous reviews that say to NOT use this product underneath your eyes, this should solely be for acne and other blemishes because it can be drying. For underneath my eyes I use Rimmel's 2-in-1 highlighter/concealer and I really recommend that for dark circles.

The only con for me is the packaging, I HATE that it's a doe foot applicator. It just doesn't make sense especially for a product that is supposed to help fight acne because if you apply the applicator directly to acne and then put it back into the tube, it's just going to create bacteria and end up causing more acne. It really should be in a squeeze tube. However, it's not really a big concern to me because I just put a little bit on the (clean) back of my hand and then use my fingers to apply.
It's also a little pricey to me for a drugstore product as I bought it for like $8-$9, but whatever. I think this product is going to last me a really long time and it works really well so money well spent.

Anyway, I really love this product and highly recommend it. If my opinions on this product should change then I will definitely edit this review with an update. But so far, so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by alexcampbell922

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim because I was looking for another product that wasn't yet available here in Canada. I wasn't expecting much from this but I have found myself loving it. It covers acne scars well and covers breakouts phenomenally, I love that it has salicylic acid in it too. Overall really great product !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This concealer does what I want it to do: to cover up my blemishes and not create new ones. I am not claiming this as miracle concealer but this does make my blemishes appear hidden and less red. I haven't noticed the concealer heal my blemishes but I never expect it since it is a concealer and not a skin care product. it non irritating and easy to blend. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging. I hate doe foot applicators. I wished it came out as a squeeze out tube since it would be more hygienic. I am afraid of the coming months when the concealer would be more contaminated because the doe foot applicator touches my skin, then it goes back in the tube and this domino effect would create new blemishes . I know my views are different from the other reviewers who love this product but I would repurchase IF they packaged it in a squeeze out tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Disclamat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Weeks ago I finished my ELF Tone Correcting Concelar [which I liked for how lightweight and natural it looked] and although this 1 week old tube of Almay's has got far more pigment and coverage, I like it too! I put some in the back of my hand, and dab it on with a brush over my eyes or any problem area and it blends in smoothly with my skin and my powder [if I wear any powder on that day]. It lasts all day, seldom collects wherever skin folds and it does look for the most part natural. Matte color.
It hasn't irritated any pimples so far. WHICH IS A PLUS.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I do not know if it actually works on healing pimples, but I will say this covers phenomenally for a drugstore concealer! It is very affordable, has great coverage, and lasts me all day. I have no reason to ever use any other concealer again, well unless they discontinue it. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by SingAllYouWant

After using this for almost a year religiously, I noticed in natural light that it looked orange on me. After taking a break from it for a month or two, I have rekindled my love for this concealer. Very thick and covers everything I need it to. Definitely helps heal blemishes as well! I believe this might be a holy grail product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by franneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a concealer containing salicylic acid for the longest time. I'm dealing with acne/pimples right now, so it's important that i'm not just covering my acne with layers and layers of makeup. I was using FitMe by Maybelline before and I really do love it, but I wanted a concealer that would contain some form of ingredient to somewhat help the healing process. Enter, Almay Clear Complexion Concealer. I picked this up at my local London Drugs. It comes in 3 shades and fortunately, the darkest shade (Medium) matches my skin well. Not perfectly, but when blended with my foundation, it does the job.

Today was the first day I used it and I had to write a review. Let me just say... for a drugstore concealer, it is very impressive. Blendable, buildable (if you want more coverage), and does not irritate my acne. Tip: only use on problem areas. It doesn't work well under the eyes. Since my skin is combination/oily, it's a huge plus that it has a matte finish. I'd say the only downside is the applicator. If it came in a tube, as opposed to a wand w/ sponge applicator, it would be much more sanitary. Otherwise, it's a great product. Would definitely recommend trying!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by SlantySlanty

I'm on my second tube because this stuff lasts forever (but you should toss it out after 18months). It's the best concealer I've ever tried. I use it around my nose, on pimples, and under my eyes and it does the job so well! it's the first drugstore brand concealer that hasn't clogged my pores or made me break out. I don't wear concealer everyday but when I do this is what I use

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by patience09

I am currently on my second tube. I really like this concealer, it's not cakey, it covers blemishes and redness well, its no miracle concealer but it's pretty good for the price. It doesn't cause my breakouts to get worse. I don't find however that it doesn't anything to clear breakouts. I would only use this concealer for covering blemishes, not suitable for the under eye are, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Careybkr

I can honestly say I haven't left the house without using this concealer in years and I'm not exaggerating. This does an excellent job of covering redness and hiding the acne on my chin and jawline. Even when I worked in an outdoor restaurant in Florida where I would sweat and barely have time to go to the bathroom let alone fix and re-do my makeup. I've even gone to the beach and the gym with minimal amounts wearing off. On the other hand, because it stays on so well make sure you have a good cleanser to get it all off at night.

However, I would not say this product does much to heal existing acne but it also doesn't make it worse or cause more which is all I can really ask for. I always put on sunscreen before which helps to moisturize the areas I will apply it to and it avoids the cakiness/flakey appearance others have described.

Other notes, I'm fair skinned (but not ghostly pale) and I use the lightest shade and its perfect. Hopefully there will come a day when I don't need this product but until then I keep a tube with me where ever I go.