Garnier Shake Effect Liqui-Gel

3.0

on 11/17/2007 2:20:00 AM

I love the fruity smell of this product. My hair is very fine and it seems like I have to use a lot of the product for it to evenly texturize all of my hair. The cons are that it leaves my hands very very sticky and it weights it down a bit. The best way I have found to use it is to apply to my hair, scrunch and then pull up into a messy knot. Very cute and I get lots of compliments! I just wish I could wear my hair down while using it.

on 10/31/2007 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the only redeeming quality about this product is the smell... it smells really good but the hold is really light even though i have the extra strong hold version. its pretty fun to shake it though and the packaging is cute

on 5/22/2007 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I tried this a while back, and thought it was just OK. I have fine hair, so I need light products that won't weigh it down. This was definitely light, and worked pretty well. I wasn't wowed by it, but it did the job somewhat. I didn't find it to be sticky, or crunchy, but it didn't add volume and my hair did feel a little bit flyaway. I loved the smell, but not the bottle--the ball shape was hard to hold while pumping. And it was rather small. Like I said, it was OK, but not something I'd repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really have little control with the spray bottle. I have fine hair so I find that it really weighs my hair down. Like the other reviewers, I feel that it leaves my hair sticky and untouchable. Sometimes, it leaves my hair in strands. Terrible. Won't repurchase.

on 2/21/2007 1:43:00 PM

Awesome stuff! I use this on my shoulder length, fine, color-treated hair, and it makes my hair look messy (in a good way!), and gives it lots of volume! I just spray some on, then blowdry my hair on low for about 10 minutes, then air dry the rest, and I end up with just the look I was wanting. I guess I should mention that I have naturally wavy hair, so maybe I can't credit all the results to this stuff, but still. Smells good, and isn't really sticky, in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of the spray bottle, since it's kinda hard to get all of the product out, but would still repurchase. :)

on 1/3/2007 12:33:00 AM

I was really excited about this product and tried to like it. However, it didn't do anything for my hair except make it look sticky and dirty. I will not repurchase.

on 7/27/2006 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This wasn't all that bad. When my hair was long and I used it I did get nice curls, now that my hair is short I dont use it. It tends to be sticky though, which I cant stand.

This did nothing for my hair, but I put it in my horse's tail before braiding it up to put waves into it and oh did it make her tail full and wavy! Still won't buy it again, good thing I got it for nearly free.

on 4/3/2006 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This didn't really do anything for my asian hair...good thing I got it for free.

on 3/17/2006 4:18:00 PM

as much as i like what it did for my hair texture, I did not like the little white flakes it left behind. (promise, they aren't danruff...).

Popular Styling Products