October 25, 2014 | 1775 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Shake Effect Liqui-Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2007 2:20:00 AM More reviews by CotiOdie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the fruity smell of this product. My hair is very fine and it seems like I have to use a lot of the product for it to evenly texturize all of my hair. The cons are that it leaves my hands very very sticky and it weights it down a bit. The best way I have found to use it is to apply to my hair, scrunch and then pull up into a messy knot. Very cute and I get lots of compliments! I just wish I could wear my hair down while using it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

the only redeeming quality about this product is the smell... it smells really good but the hold is really light even though i have the extra strong hold version. its pretty fun to shake it though and the packaging is cute

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 9:51:00 AM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this a while back, and thought it was just OK. I have fine hair, so I need light products that won't weigh it down. This was definitely light, and worked pretty well. I wasn't wowed by it, but it did the job somewhat. I didn't find it to be sticky, or crunchy, but it didn't add volume and my hair did feel a little bit flyaway. I loved the smell, but not the bottle--the ball shape was hard to hold while pumping. And it was rather small. Like I said, it was OK, but not something I'd repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really have little control with the spray bottle. I have fine hair so I find that it really weighs my hair down. Like the other reviewers, I feel that it leaves my hair sticky and untouchable. Sometimes, it leaves my hair in strands. Terrible. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome stuff! I use this on my shoulder length, fine, color-treated hair, and it makes my hair look messy (in a good way!), and gives it lots of volume! I just spray some on, then blowdry my hair on low for about 10 minutes, then air dry the rest, and I end up with just the look I was wanting. I guess I should mention that I have naturally wavy hair, so maybe I can't credit all the results to this stuff, but still. Smells good, and isn't really sticky, in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of the spray bottle, since it's kinda hard to get all of the product out, but would still repurchase. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by swit

I was really excited about this product and tried to like it. However, it didn't do anything for my hair except make it look sticky and dirty. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2006 9:43:00 PM More reviews by amay77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This wasn't all that bad. When my hair was long and I used it I did get nice curls, now that my hair is short I dont use it. It tends to be sticky though, which I cant stand.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2006 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Willow_Campbell

This did nothing for my hair, but I put it in my horse's tail before braiding it up to put waves into it and oh did it make her tail full and wavy! Still won't buy it again, good thing I got it for nearly free.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by allierichie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This didn't really do anything for my asian hair...good thing I got it for free.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2006 4:18:00 PM More reviews by lyss11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

as much as i like what it did for my hair texture, I did not like the little white flakes it left behind. (promise, they aren't danruff...).