April 24, 2014 | 1377 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Cover Girl - Pencil Sharpener

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by angelwingsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good. Cheap. It works well and barely costs anything. 5/5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

HG sharpener. I actually just bought this a second time. My sister came home for X-mas and "borrowed" mine. Well she never gave it back before going back to college :(

This sharpener is the only one that sharpens my NYX jumbo pencils. The others won't sharpen them (Studio tools & some other cheap one). I don't know why it's such a problem but this sharpener just does it smoothly. They revamped it since I last bought it though (it only had the clear plastic on the top; if that doesn't tell you how long long ago I bought this originally!). It now comes with clear plastic on both sides and a small pick that slides out for cleaning. It also has a size adapter for the larger side for a medium size pencil. It's nice but I just need the small and large.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So ever since I bought my first kohl liner, I've been looking high and low for a sharpener that can handle sharpening such a soft pencil. The 99 cent one I bought by NYC was garbage. This one I bought because I was waiting on the pharmacy at my grocery store to fill a prescription and boy am I glad I picked it up. I've never had a sharpener that worked this well. It sharpened my Feline kohl pencil with ease and gave me the point I've been looking for since I first bought it. Handled my Cherry lip pencil beautifully. The real test was whether or not it would be able to fit my NYX jumbo pencil. Just take out the little ring and it sharpened it to a point. Just think, sharpening a cream pencil to a point! Those little odd-shaped bars next to the blade really are the key to the point, because it refines the ends of the pencil to a nice tip. Can't say enough about this, and at $3, I'm sold. Never buying another sharpener again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by babygirl3171980

I have a couple of these. One Milani brand and one Maybelline. When I compared the two, I found they were exactly the same, lol. Down to the shape and the country they were made in, lol. So I figured they were all the same. Mine came with the size adapter that would be handy, if I needed it. What I especially like is the little cleaning stick it comes with. So your not trying to poke down in there to clean off the razor. I love that fact that it holds the shavings until you can dispose of them and overall am very satisfied with it. It was cheap and you can find them anywhere from .99 stores to the corner rite-aid.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This sharpener can handle three different sized pencils. There are two holes, one for regular sized pencils and another for larger multipurpose pencils. Included with the sharpener is a removable ring that fits over the large hole to accommodate medium sized pencils. Cover Girl should have provided a warning that this should not be used on pencils with a plastic coating such as MUFE Aqua Eyes and MAC Powerpoint liners. I watched in horror as it nearly destroyed my beloved MUFE Aqua Eyes liner, I was trying to sharpen the tip a bit and the blade grabbed onto the pencil shavings and would not let go. If youíre not sure if your lip or eyeliner is coated in plastic, look at the tip. If itís wooden and looks like writing pencils, itís probably fine. If itís smooth and hard then itís most likely coated. The sharpener gets a 5 for versatility when it comes to working with different sized pencils but a 0 for practicality. What good is it if it doesnít work with all types of pencils?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised this gets good ratings! This is a pencil muncher and never delivers a sharp point. In fact it can't because of the bar inside the sharpener which stops the pencils from moving forward after a certain point.

Don't try and force this to sharpen to a decent point--you will loose your tip. Also, it splinters the cheap wood pencils badly.

Still hunting for a decent sharpener....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Had to add my raves on this product. I've bought a few cheap sharpeners and a few pricey ones over the years - and this drugstore find beats them all. Thanks to MUA I bought this. The clear lid is nice and secure-- has never popped open to scatter pencil shavings all over my counter! Has two openings (one with a removable liner) to sharpen 3 sizes of pencils. Comes with a handy cleaning stick for pushing shavings out of the tip of the sharpener for maximum performance. This is the ONLY sharpener I've had that never breaks the tips off my pencils. Love it. Love the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by EmmaJohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good sharpener. Three different sized holes so fits most pencils. Very inexpensive (2 bucks?) and my eye pencils always look nice after sharpening. It makes them even and improves their performance. Works just as well as an expensive one. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ntra

When I sharpen my pencils with this sharpener, it feels effortless. I like that it comes with a little stick to clean it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2005 11:02:00 AM More reviews by lovemyhair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my favorite, most reliable pencil sharpener. Have been using it since college at least (that's over 10 years). It sharpens skinny and fat pencils and doesn't chew them up. A keeper.