November 29, 2014 | 1193 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Eyeshadow Pot

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the NYX eyeshadows for the price. Good color choice, super inexpensive, and good staying power. Gave it a 4 due to the packaging and minor fall out if you don't use a primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, I have been wanting to try these out so got 6 of these at the last Ulta sale (along with some NYX pencil liners and liquid liners). I had high hope for this line as have read so many glowing reviews. However I was very disappointed in almost all of the shadows except for one.

The dark colors have a lot of fallout and the lighter colors are chalky and powdery at best. I mean it is almost like you caked drying talc onto your eyelid. Two of the pans depotted themselves or the lid cracked within the first two weeks (and not even daily usage - just by being in my makeup kit). I did like the color Frosted Lilac but it has only so-so staying power even with UD Primer. I also love the color Lap Dance and it is matte so it would have been great as a blender color. But it is just too chalky to work this way.

Would I recommend these? Maybe if you wanted to try a really extreme color just for a few times wear or were really on budget.

Otherwise, try Revlon Colorstay for a lower priced alternative or wait until the Urban Decay sales. I just find that it takes so long to go through an eyeshadow that I prefer to spend more on a really great pigmented product with buttery smooth application rather than struggle with fallout and chalkiness to save a few bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I have one single, one palette and three loose e/s from NYX. And I love all of them
Price: $7.83 CAD
Pkg: clear snap-lid
Colour: (Volcano)
Colour: mid-tone plummy taupe w/gold&pink shimmer
Texture: creamy smooth
Pigmentation: full
I will def buy more singles, probs non-neutrals

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

LOVE the nyx shadows... great pigment, great colour selection and amazing price. Personally I don't feel they last super long as I have oily lids (even when I put a primer on they don't last that long) but for the price you pay and the color payoff, I'm pretty happy with the shadows. Love this brand, wish it was more readily available via retail in Australia though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't hate me for saying this but I'm not a fan of these. Don't get me wrong, I love quite a lot of NYX products but just not these. I owned a bunch of the single shadows & was frustrated by each one. They are terribly powdery, don't last & the only pro is that they come in a million different shades. I believe the difference in my experience is because I can only buy these online & find them in the range of slighlty more expensive drugstore brands. Some are able to find these readily & inexpensively but I cannot. For me, I believe there are better shadows in that price range.
---------------------
TEXTURE: These shadows are soft. So soft that I would say they aren't even pressed. You're essentially getting a loose shadow & if I wanted a loose shadow I'd just buy one. These are so lightly pressed they shatter at the slightest jostle. They are extremely powdery & leave a mess on your face as well as the packaging. I think these are great if you don't want to be bothered with trying different brands or waiting for drugstore sales. If that's the case, these are a wonderful go-to.
----------------------
COLOR SELECTION: The one pro is that they come in a huge variety of shades and finishes. But I'm not a makeup artist & I can't tell the difference between turquoise & aquamarine so I don't need anything that nuanced. It's nice if I find one, but not essential.
----------------------
CONCLUSION: If you don't need a huge variety of colors, I think WnW & Jordana are better, they're 2 bucks. There are better shadows out there that are more readily available for whereas I can only get NYX online. I just don't see them being worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by joc267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have a couple of these and I really like them. The colour is super pigmented, comes in a range of texture (matte, shimmer etc) and is relatively cheap too. I don't mind the packaging as much as some criticism on this page. Blends well and lasts forever with Urban Decay primer. The colour choices are fantastic too

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own 60 NYX single eye shadows, and 10 trios! Previously, I had been on a never ending search for the perfect brown shade to work with my fair, yellow, orange skin tone. So, I decided to check out the NYX shadows. A large majority of the shades are very neutral, and are in the brown family. After I tried a few, I was hooked! The shadows are a great value, and an excellent product (even though they are DS).

Most of the shades are easy to blend, highly pigmented, and they wear nicely with an eye shadow base, and a primer. Some of the shades are very soft, so I usually use my brush over my trashcan to avoid any mess. I have glitter, metallic, frosty, matte and shimmer shades. Metallics and glitter shades are perfect for evening or special occasions. I don't wear smokey eyes, and I prefer matte, and frosty shades for daytime. Some of the shimmer shades do crease in my 49 year old eyes, so I try to use a light hand to avoid accentuating my wrinkles and fine lines.

Favorite daytime shades are: Taupe Pearl, Sparkle Cedar, Dune, Utopia Gold, Toffee Shimmer, Luster, Golden Bronze, Cork, Oro and Ultimatum (my favorite go to all-over color wash, brow highlighter, etc.).

Favorite evening Shades are: Volcano, Luster, Herb, Eggplant, Red Bean Pie, Gunmetal and Greyish Brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I own around 40 of these eyeshadows. I'm a neutrals (mostly taupe!) addict and I am glad to say that NYX has a lot of taupes and browns to choose from. With that said, I have made my go-to e/s palette with all NYX shadows and I am super happy with them. I say if you're going to go drugstore with eyeshadows, NYX is the way to go. There are 160 shades (plus 52 discontinued ones) that range from matte, shimmery, frosty, metallic, glittery, etc. A good majority of the ones I have are richly pigmented and blend easily. The only downside is that these are quite soft, so I find that "tapping" your brush onto the eyeshadow prevents it from getting messy and powdery. Admittedly though, I feel that Inglot's texture is superior to NYX's. But I've collected so many NYX ones that I will hold off on Inglot for a while :P

My favorite singles are: Iced Mocha, Taupe Pearl, Sparkle Cedar, Dune, True Taupe, Geisha, Hawaiian Coffee, Root Beer, and Nude. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by balmmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Daisy, a very pretty yellow gold shimmer. It's great on my warm skin and really plays up my blue eyes. I like that it isn't an orange or copper gold. Very flattering and highly pigmented!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

I have four of these, and at first I thought I liked them. Two of the colors I have that are really great are Beanie and Root Beer. However, for some reason, all these shadows crease on me so badly like none other. I just don't get it. :( It's not worth it to me to wear this shadow even though I love the color. It just ends up looking horrible by the end of the day.