July 29, 2014 | 1907 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics - Wheat

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

This did do a good job making my eye makeup last all day. In that respect it was similar to my UDPP I usually use although the similarities end there. I found this to be thicker than UDPP or too faced eye insurance. It was almost like using a thick concealer on your eyes. The color wheat was also not a good match for me as it showed up orange and therefore changed the color of eye shadow I put on top of it. I don't have a lot of pigmentation or things to cover on my eye lids right now so I'm going to stick with my UDPP and not try different colors of this. Doubt I would find a match for my skintone anyways since my exact skintone/color is non existant in cosmetics. Only a few shades even come close and those have taken me years to find. This might work if you need to cover a lot of things on your eye lid and you can find an exact match so your eye shadow colors don't change when you apply them on top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

This is a great natural-looking cream shadow that can be used alone or as a base with powder shadows or sticks. It's peachy beige so it enhances the look of blue eyes. Because it doesn't have shimmer it is easy to blend and just looks like beautiful skin. You can always add powders on top if the look alone is not dramatic enough for you. The doe's foot applicator makes it easy to apply. It does not crease during the day. Great for travel - a quick eye fix on road trips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am pale, about NC15. I used to always use Linen but am now finding that this is more flattering under eyeshadow. It makes a nice base for eyeshadow because it covers all darkness from my thin eyelid skin (unlike UDPP).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Surprised by the high ratings. I wanted to use this as a primer, but my e/l slid under my eyes. When I use the same e/l w/my Lumene primer, I did not have this problem. I also did not notice any improvement in e/s color on top of this product. Too pricey to be a mediocre primer. Wheat was a good match for my NC25 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by vlagrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for years and I still like it. In fact, I stopped using any primer/base for a while when mykids were really little and I came across it again the other day. Still love it. I have mono lids and this stops my shadow from creasing. Everything stays put. It's also a perfect match for my NC 30 skin so I use it under the eye too

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Les281

I have used UDPP for years thinking that was the only thing that could ever hold my eyeshadow in place until i started using this at my job. im about nc40 & this matches my eyelids pretty good instead of using concealer. love how matte it dries & hold everything in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by MakeMag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is, in my opinion, the best eye shadow primer of all. And especially, wheat should suit most skin shades. The best thing about this primer is the natural look it gives, while providing great coverage at the same time. You can easily use it on its own, just to even out your eyelids' colouration and it will look very natural, while, with UDPP, you can only use it as a base for an eye shadow, otherwise it will just unnaturaly show on your eye lids. It does not crease, and I've got very oily eye lids and my make up last several hours. All in all, the best and the most convertible eye base product you can get (if u can get it, as not easily found). The only thing is the packaging. The tip is too short and it can not reach the bottom of the container, which still contains plenty of product.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

I have been using this for 3 years. As a busy stay at home mom, I don't even wear eyeliner and eyeshadow anymore, I don't have the time and honestly don't care. I just use this, the LM under eye concealer, and mascara and I'm good to go. When I used to have time to put on eyeshadow and liner, and wore this underneath, my make up looked just as good at the end of the work day as it did first thing in the morning. Now, I just swipe in on my eyelids, it takes away the redness and wakes my eyes up.

Basically I can't live without this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm officially obsessed with this product. I use it everyday. When the Laura Mercier rep recommended it to me I thought I had plenty of eye shadow bases from urban decay and Mac among others. But I realized this one was different, mainly in the fact that you can just wear it as an eyeshadow and it makes your lid look bright and flawless. I spend most of my work week just wearing wheat on my eyelid. It's fast and easy to apply and instantly brightens your eye to a natural refreshed look. I had no idea how discolored my eyelids were and how many fine veins I had until I compared the difference in the natural daylight between an eyelid with wheat and one without. It is so quick and easy to use, my go to product when I'm in a hurry for the day but don't want tired looking eyes. Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this eye base. I bought it for half price so I was happy about the price - also it is pretty impossible to get Urban Decay and the like in Australia so I haven't even been able to compare.

This product makes my eyeshadows last at least twice as long without creasing as they do with either stila kitten smudge pot as a base, or with no base whatsoever. It does its job, and it helps coloured eyeshadows pop a little more.