April 20, 2014 | 1512 users online

Top/Base Coats - Rimmel - Base Coat and Ridge Filler

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I am hoping I can find this base coat somewhere if it really is discontinued. Why do companies do that with perfectly good products? grrr! Anyway it is a quick drying very smooth feeling base coat that makes my polish wear well. Protects my nail bed like it is suppose to. After I would wear acrylics I would use this to protect my nails as they grew out while making them look neat and presentable. It is very shiny on its own. It dries fast, protects, smooths, fills ridges and has a shiny finish. What more could you ask for! It is one of the better base coats I have in my collection. I have loads and loads of polish, base, tops coats so it does take me sometimes YEARS to go through any bottle of product I have so unfortunately when I realize a product is wonderful it might be gone. I think this might be an example. I am going to scope out Dollar Trees in hopes of finding some. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by morningmusume

MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE PRODUCT. I DID MY MANICURE WITH THIS AND EVERYONE WAS ASKING ME IF I GOT IT PROFESSIONALLY DONE OR IF I USED FAKED NAILS. IT'S JUST SO AWESOME. I THINK THIS IS DISCONTINUED, SINCE I CAN'T FIND IT IN THE DRUGSTORES AND THE RIMMEL WEBSITE, BUT THERE'S A DISCOUNT STORE BY MY APARTMENT THAT HAS THIS IN A PILE OF OTHER DISCONTINUED NAILPOLISHES, SO I'LL PROBABLY RESTOCK EVERY NOW AND THEN. IT DOES REQUIRE A FEW COUNTS TO ACHIEVE THE LOOK, BUT IT'S AMAZING. IT'S LIKE A MILKLY PINK SHINEY SHADE. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by trshafer

I received this as an extra in a swap. I have been looking for a good, flexible color to wear to work. (Although I love colored nail polish, I hate getting locked into a single shade for several days or a week). I read Amy1712's review below and decided to give this a try. I couldn't agree with her more. This creates the YNBB look I was seeking. Translucent and elegant.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2006 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Amy1712

I keep repurchasing and pray to God they do not discontinue this. I use it as a nail polish, not as a base coat. The color is milky rose/white. I have nice nails and in combination with this great product they look absolutely stunning. I apply two coats of this polish and it lasts for days.
This is the best nail polish money can buy.
As for the color, you can apply it in the evening and have no trouble matching the clothes with it in the morning because it goes well with anything.
Your nails will receive a lot of compliments, trust me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 2:14:00 PM More reviews by newsystyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for Rimmel's Smoother Base Coat and Ridge Filler (the name listed here excludes "Smoother" so I don't know if mine is a different formula). I bought this after not being able to find the Sally Hansen ridge filler I normally use. This seems to work just as well, and it costs slightly less. I find it a little more goopy than SH's, but equal in drying time. It provides a good base for color polish to stick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for about 30 days now. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly. My polish goes on smoothly over this product and it has protected my nails from staining. For $1.99 it is definitely a good buy and is now one of nail care staples.