November 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Palettes - Chantecaille - La Palette de gloss- les delices

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by chemkink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't generally use any palette more than a dozen times so I really debated spending this kind of money. However, this palette is fantastic! The texture is smooth, not sticky and not smelly (very important to me) and the color payoff is high for a gloss - again something that ranks high in my book. i have used 3 of them more than half way- my first time ever. I also have never gone back and repurchased anything but this.... I just might. Fabulous! Give it a shot!

Oh, I am Asian/black so I have yellow toned skin and about Mac's Medium deep in complexion (except yellower). The colors look fab on me - even if I say so myself!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2005 12:41:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I'm not normally a fan of lip glosses--too sticky, messy and require constant reapplication. But these glosses are all beautiful and wearable, something you don't find in palettes all the time (usually I find a couple of colors I like and the rest is a bust). The texture is sublime too: not sticky or too glossy but like a sheer lipstick instead of the typical gloss texture. Price is very high at 69 bucks but I figure that it works out to an ok value considering that they're all wearable colors. I actually bought a second different lip gloss palette after my first one(I was that impressed) so I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2004 10:20:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had to really weigh this purchase in my mind a long time before I finally decided to purchase. I had fallen in love with Chantecaille lipgloss in Taffy (still my holy grail, my lips but better gloss) and I was dying to try the color Campari - so I was trying to decide do I buy another lip gloss in Taffy (have to have a back-up for a favorite) and a lip gloss in Campari or do I spring for this palette. With the palette, I get a second pan of Taffy as well as the Campari I've been lusting after and 3 other colors. I have spent a fortune on cosmetics over the past 5 years but never this much money on one purchase. When my package arrived super quick from Neiman Marcus (in two days from the east coast to the west) I was so excited. I am a little disappointed that the palette is so long - I think it is an awkward size to carry around in my purse. I also think the lipbrush that came with the palette is less than stellar - the head is tiny and the brush as a whole looks cheap, not what I expect from Chantecaille or these prices! Other than those two (rather minor) disappointments I am happy with this palette. From the left the lipgloss colors are Grenadine, Cristal, Campari, Nougat and Taffy. The only color I won't be using much is Crystal a bronzish-orange gloss that is a warm color and I rarely wear anything but cool cosmetic colors. Grenadine appears red but on me is a gorgeous deep pink, Campari is the just bitten red color I have been craving, Nougat is a plum-brown color and Taffy of course is my old reliable, goes with everything color. It is fun to mix the colors together. One of the things I like best about Chantecaille lipglosses is that they go on sheer but have the staying power of a good lipstick. Even at a price of $68 I would buy this lip palette again. Because it only takes the teensiest bit to color my lips I know this palette will last me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2004 8:40:00 AM More reviews by labelslut

This is my first ever Chantecaille product and I love it!

The packaging is so luxurious looking, but it picks up so much smudge marks from your fingers, so I took off a lipstick for that.

The lipbrush included was of a great quality. The textures of the lipgloss is unbelievable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2004 5:33:00 AM More reviews by msbuttercup

Definitely my biggest makeup splurge! Yes, it's $70 but I think it's worth it. Great texture & shine, feels nice on the lips, not too sticky. Not much scent - hooray! Natural ingredients, nice colors. Very nice sleek silver case with wide mirror and lovely lipbrush. HG status for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2003 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Mudskipper

I've never been very into glosses but Chantecaille is enough to turn me around. The quality is AMAZING! They are really moisturizing and can be layered from sheer to opaque and have a light vanilla fragrance. I'm glad that I was able to swap for it instead of paying the $68 (I don't know if I could pay that much for any palette) but it's so great that I might be tempted when I run out. You don't get a large amount of gloss but a little goes a long way.

There are 5 shades of gloss in this palette plus a brush. They are:
Grenadine - shimmery rose, I wish it were a true red but alas. I will probably use this the least
Crystal - frosty pinky peach with a gold sheen. Pretty, summery shade
Campari - slighly bright sheer red - no shimmer
Nougat - brownish red - no shimmer
Taffy - YLBB mauve - no shimmer

So far, I am using Nougat and Taffy the most, but that will probably change with the season.