July 29, 2014 | 1650 users online

Foundations - Kevyn Aucoin - Sensual Skin Enhancer SX-06

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product. My skin is transitioning from dry winter to combo spring/summer and so I had some dry patches and blemishes. By midday, those problem areas were flaky and it was not a good look. I am looking forward to trying again once my skin calms down a bit.
No scent, texture was creamy, easily blendable. Pigmentation is amazing....I mean, like nothing I've ever used on my face. The tiniest dab on your finger covers much more than you would ever think it would. If not for the flaking on problem areas, this would be a strong 5. Instead of using it all over my face, it is working amazingly as an undereye concealer.
I ordered this as a sample from Camera Ready Cosmetics and in the little bitty pot, I will probably be able to use as a concealer daily for the next few months, it takes that little--seriously!! If it continues to work for me, it would be worth a repurchase to use under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by nailpolishdebby

I have to say that I LOVE KEVYN AUCOIN. He was an amazing artist and a pioneer in the make up industry. When doing shoots or clients, he used to have to mix his own shades because at the time you were either fair,medium or dark. There was nothing like the ranges we have now (ie MAC) .

I had always wanted to get the Sensual Skin Enhancer but when it 1st launched, it was a lot of money for a high-schooler to spend. By the time I had a better job and could afford it his line was "gone" (like he was). Years passed and FINALLY his line is back!! Not in easy to access stores like Sephora,Victoria Secrets or Nordstrom, but its back. Finally giving me the chance to get the Kevyn Aucoin Skin Enhancer in SX 6.

Now that I've developed psoriosis on part of my face,hormonal acne on my cheeks and chin plus an oily t-zone I have the skincare trifecta of doom. So I can no longer use the MAC Studio Fix in NC35, Chanel Vitalumire in 30 Beige or Estee Lauder Double Wear in3W1 Tawny 37 because they make the dry patch-zone look even worse. The Sensual doesn't do that because you use it with the very moisturizer that helps your skin in what areas need it most. Brilliant! I can add more moisturizer in the area where its bad and less on my cheeks yet get the coverage I need. But yes YOU MUST USE A LOTION OR MOISTURIZER to blend it with the Sensual. You add more lotion to it and you get tinted moisturizer. Add less and you get a creamier Sensual. Until you get the coverage you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Sherr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation. The one thing I think most people are not doing is mixing this foundation with a moisturizer before application. I take a tiny bit of the foundation (a little goes a LONG way) and mix with my moisturizer (a firming moisturizer works great) I mix it on the back of my hand then apply with a sponge. I learned this from one of their artists at an event. If you haven't tried this - do because you will fall in love with it! It give an amazing flawless coverage.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Mahrou

great foundation/cover. Is stays on my skin all the day like I have just put my makeup on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2003 3:11:00 PM More reviews by big_eder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know everyone has reviewed this already, but I thought I'd start reviewing them by color so it's easier to find a match. Brief description of product: amazing coverage, is all I can say. A little greasy, but use a damp sponge and a primer, and you will look flawless - best of all, no need for an extra concealer as this is literally like opaque paint.

SX-06 is not for LLL or lighter - it's definitely a FFF shade (NARS Fiji, Armani LSF #5). While described on his site as being neutral to yellow, much like most of the other SSE shades, this one is pretty darn yellow-based. In the jar it is straight up a dark yellowish beige, but on the skin it's not too dark, and the yellow subsides a bit. Still, I found it too much for my coloring (my eyelids and neck are noticeably more pink than my cheek when I put this on, as I don't apply foundation there). For comparisions in other brands, I use Becca Cashmere, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude, Chanel Multivitamin in Shell, and Armani LSF #4 - for us, the perfect SSE is SX-05.

One thing about the SSE, when I was at the counter I spoke to Craig, the color-matching maestro. He told me that though a lot of East Asians fancy themselves very yellow, they're frequently more olive, while true yellow tones are usually found in Southeast Asians with darker complexions, and occasionally in Latin folk. Also, the reason why it's so hard to find a color match is because some of the colors (like SX-08 for example) are not that dark, but have a *black* base in them which will work fantastically on some skin and very poorly on others.
continued >>