July 29, 2014 | 1810 users online

Moisturizers - MD Formulations - Moisture Defense Antioxidant Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by tvall

I do like this moisturizer. I have almost finished the tub and I'm just a bit stuck as to whether to buy a new one.

The price is expensive - I think $55?! But it has antioxidants in and is oil free which I like, I'm just not sure that is enough for me to buy another though as I wasn't wowed by it. It didn't seem to do anything good (or bad) for my skin. Hmm.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by zhaya

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this moisturizer- it hydrates without feeling greasy. It seems to firm my skin up a bit too. I am inconsistent, and use lots of products, but this is one I seem to come back to fairly often. I don't like to use a primer over it because I end up feeling like I've got too much stuff on my face by the time I add a light foundation. When I want a primer-effect I use the PTR laser resurfacer cream-gel, but can't use the two products together so I use one or the other-- I use the MD when I want more hydration, and the PTR when I want a smooth surface to work on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by coloredpencils

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The AOX gel formulation was great and I highly recommend. It was the best replacement for my beloved Sage Hydrating Emulsion in that it did not cause irritation or clogs.

I bought the cream in the fall thinking it would be the bit more I needed for the colder weather. Oh, no. This cream just created whiteheads and felt very heavy on my skin.

Plus, even shaking the tube still made a plop of silicone/clear stuff come out before the cream. In short, I cannot recommend this when compared to the lotion and gel. I don't recommend this if you have reactive/sensitive/acne/clog-prone skin.

Definitely go for the AOX gel or the Sage. This is one product I ended up throwing away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great moisturizer. I was really impressed with the tiny amount I needed to instantly awaken my face and make it not look so dry and sore. this did not break out my acne prone skin nor did it leave me looking greasy. My only problem is the scent. This is one of the weirdest scents I have ever found in a skincare product. I am sensitive to smells and this is just one of those that ruins the whole product. Personally if this was a different scent this would be a keeper and yes I would purchase it. Really for me the scent is the only issue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is an awesome moisturiser! It feels super hydrating and penetrates nicely into the skin. I used this when my skin first broke out with the cleaner and continuous renewal serum. It worked amazingly and everyone commented on how luminous my skin was. I believe that my skin also had a stress/congestion type issue which this line didn't really help - only physical exfoliation and cleaning the skin via ultrasonic facebrush helped long term. I went onto Sothys which I also love however got a sample of this cream and was reminded of how much I love it especially in winter! My skin is much better now and once I come off the acne creams and stress less, I will be returning to this moisturiser. I feel the need to remind people NOT to use an active range like this AND acne cream as it will make your skin worse. I also remember that when I first started using this range, it took a few weeks for it to get better. It's not an overnight type miracle for acne prone skin. It is amazing for actually hydrating the skin and there is nothing like this. Sothys is light and is a good summer moisturiser but find that none of them are really cutting it for winter. This is my HG of winter moisturisers! Horray! Only thing is that is it very expensive - $110 as another reviewer wrote which is very true. Might be a good idea to see if you can find it for cheaper online. I remember the cleanser, scrub, serum and moisturiser lasting a good 9-12 months so it's expensive to start but lasts a very long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by susie03

This is superbly hydrating, it almost feels as if my cheeks have been injected with water. It works very well with the Continuous Renewal Complex AHA Cream. It's a great source of antioxidents and my skin feels 'glowy' all day when I use it. It has no fragrance that I can discern and I've had no breakouts or irritation.
The cons are that it's in a jar and very expensive - 48 for 50ml in the UK. I intend to try out some cheaper alternatives so hopefully won't buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by DeniseN

I have used the MD cleanser and continuous renewal a lot, but just recently needed a new cream and this is good so far (1 week in). I had a bunch of peeling skin on my nose and chin after using Retin-A for a while and this got rid of it completely in 1 night (in combination with continuous renewal) I don't think it's too heavy and it spreads nicely over my face, I use just a little. The smell is ok, the packaging (jar) is probably unsanitary but I don't mind, I just washed my face...my hands are clean! I will have to update on this one... seems great though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by kristinlia

I love the smell, it is so light and nice and absorbs fast without being oily. Just started out so will see how it goes. but so far so good

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by ferrariforari

This is my HG of moisturizers/creams. I use it after I use my MD Skincare Facial Cleanser and Toner in one. It adds amazing hydration to the face without becoming oily and greasy. I've heard that some people complain about the scent but I honestly have never noticed it. If you have EXTREMELY dry skin or EXTREMELY sensitive skin... this is definitely the product for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2007 10:23:00 PM More reviews by tucsonaz

Nice lotion for acne-prone, rosacea skin. Very light, non-greasy. But, horribly expensive, and have tried other lotions/gels with the same result but for less $$. Won't be buying from my derm anymore.