July 28, 2014 | 1047 users online

Styling Products - Beyond The Zone - Demented

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Interesting product = I have fine, color treated hair cut in a reverse/stacked bob and I am ALWAYS looking for volumizing products that actually work. This stuff gives me some volume, but not the skyhigh I'm looking for. Also, it is very goopy in the container = need to use a bit of care when removing from container. It does have the most awesome coconutty smell which I LOVE! The price is very cheap at Sally's = another bonus :)

All in all, it works OK for me, but I have moved on to other products = up for swap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasn't too crazy about this. I bought this because I read that people used it to give volume to short hair and tame unruly hair but it was a complete mess for me :-/ maybe it works for others but not for me. I have it to my little brother and he loved it! It held his little Mohawk nicely and it continued to hold it even when it grew longer. The smell was nice and the price wasn't too bad either. Supposedly this is a great cheap alternative to Tigi's BedHead manipulator but it just didn't work out for me. My hair is super coarse, unruly, and ultra frizzy hair so that's my personal problem. But it worked out for alot of others from what I've read. It's definitely not for people that have my type of hair. It's a super it's concept and the "goo" is a cool slime bright like green color so my little brother adore it. Glad it worked out for someone otherwise it would have been a waste of money on my part.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

My daughters and I have thick hair that likes to frizz up and poof out. A little bit of this smoothed all over, and our hair is sleek and smooth. HG product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by lolocaust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My stylist used Bed Head manipulator on me for a piecey, razored, 80s cut I had and I heard that this was a dupe. I believe it works just as well and even smells the same (a tropical, coconutty smell). However, I don't care for coconut, so I really did not like the scent. Worst of all, this broke my neck out in a horrible, itchy rash. I ended up throwing most of it out. Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing.

It didn't work for me, but if you like Bed Head manipulator, this is a great dupe! Just beware if you have sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by lairkeeper

Works just as well for me as Bedhead Manipulator but at a fraction of the cost. Adds great texture to my layers. See my profile for confirmation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by bw6420

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fine, straight, soft hair and I wear it fairly short in a chin length to shoulder length bob most of the time. So many hair dressers have tried to put hair wax in my hair to give it a more "piecey" look. Although the addition of hair wax doesn't look bad in the few minutes it is in my hair in the salon, within a short time of leaving the salon my hair is falling flat and looking greasy with this type of product. That is why I like demented so much. It actually gives my hair volume that lasts. I only need the smallest amount of the product which I rub in my palms and then apply to my hair. It gives me the "piecey" look without my hair falling flat. You only need a small amount of this product and it will give you hold and volume....not a bad deal for $5.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Maggie79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I discovered Demented when I first cut my hair into a short, layered pixie. As a fan of TiGi's BedHead Manipulator, I was delighted to find a similar styling product for a fraction of the cost. For those not familiar with either product, it is a thick paste used to add body, texture and definition to hair. Demented may look and smell like Maniupulator, but that's where the similarities end. Demented's texture is waxier compared to the smoother and more viscous Manipulator. Demented's hold is not as strong; by mid day my layers fell flat and limp. It also left noticeable buildup in my hair which made my head itch after a while. Caveat Emptor; At $5, this low priced alternative to a pricy styling product is an attractive deal. For better quality and consistent performance, save your pennies for a jar of TiGi Bedhead Manipulator.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2005 11:06:00 AM More reviews by September

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my 3rd jar. I bought it originally when I had short hair and wanted the piecey look. Now since I am growing my hair out I find myself grabbing this (instead of a serum which tends to way my hair down) to help smooth and define my ponytail. I also have bangs and this helps me keep them sideswept. I personally like that it isnt goopey. A little goes a long way, a jar probably lasts me close to 6 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by alicia67

When I had my hair done at the saol, she used BedHead Manipulator. I couldn't justify spending 18 bucks for it, even though it worked great. I just got Demented at Sall's and I LOVE IT! The fact that it's only five bucks makes it even more amazing than it already is. I have a short stylr and my hair is very thick, this gives it a nice shape and the volume stays where I want it. GREAT PRODUCT

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2004 1:53:00 PM More reviews by myshel

I got Demented in place of Manipulator at my local Sally store after frequenting MUA. I'm not very impressed with this product overall. It is waxy and you do not need much. It is, however, lacking the really strong hold that Manipulator has and does not have the fibrous quality either. My sister, a fervent fan of Manipulator, says that with it, she never uses hairspray for extra hold. With Demented, I'm still using the same amount of hairspray, if not more than before, to get serious hold.