September 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Styling Products - Beyond The Zone - Noodle Head

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- lightweight
- tames frizz
- defines
- enhances waves/curls

CONS

- not CG-friendly (if you're trying to avoid silicone)

COMMENTS: I'm assuming this is for the curling creme, so here's my review. Gives nice definition and tames frizz. My hair feels very soft and works better when used before a gel. It's lightweight, so works great on fine hair. The thing I love most about this is the curl enhancement I get because it turns my waves into curls. This isn't a CG-friendly product due to the silicone it has, but I personally don't find that to be a problem. Definitely a keeper!

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Lisam13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just started using this product because it was on sale and came highly recommended. So far I love it! I have 3b curls, very course, long, dry hair and have a hard time finding products that work. This product leaves my hair soft and shiny and holds my curls well and smells delicious. It doesn't tame the frizz quite as much as I would like but with my hair type I don't think I'll ever find something that does. I would highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by sawg12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Read such great reviews on this I had to try it. Sally's had a buy any two get one free on BTZ products so I got it. So far I love it and it seems to do as previous reviewers have said. I may have an issue with the hold throughout the day but I will update if that happens.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: It isn't the absolute worst hair product I've tried. Probably better for those with much tighter/stronger curls.

CONS: Didn't help my curls be much more defined than water. A little flattening on my fine hair.

ALTERNATES: Suave Captivating Curl Mousse, or some name like that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Knoel3814

I really like this product. Smells great and I like how my curls dry (even after diffusing they look good). Sometimes in the summer - high temps - it doesn't seem to work as well in my hair (3a curls?). Maybe I just need a stronger gel at those times. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by erincollard

This is the beauty product I cannot live without. I buy 6 at a time for fear they'll stop making it.

I have tight curly hair around my ears/neck and wavy hair above that. I apply then twist locks of hair into a spirals to air dry. If I don't touch it, it dries into decent spiral curls (rather than crimp-iron looking curls that I get otherwise). I tried 40-50 curl products (including Redkin which I heard was fantastic) and none held curl the way this does.

I wonder if they've changed the formula though, because I have to use more than I used to. I also wish they had a pump dispenser. Overall, this is a fantastic product for me. I'm thinking of doing Ouida's rake & shake for a faster regiment , but that's way more expensive. Love Noodle Head!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Hotflashes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Never fails for me, I've used it for years. Put it in soaking wet hair, twirl, scrunch, diffuse ... done. 3a/Botticelli curly.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by KelleA1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this on my newly discovered 2a/b hair (from a stylist putting Deva curls in my hair & finding out I had quit a bit of wave with a few curls).

This product did nothing to "hold" or define anything. I ended up with nothing but controlled frizz.

On to find my HG....At least I only purchased the $2.99 travel tube so I'm not out much on this one....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was an extremely good product for the price. I have a short Bob of very stubborn very dry curly hair. I use leave in conditioner, always use a little organ oil (I buy pure organ oil as I feel that now that its become all the rage, beauty company's sell a bottle of mostly crap with a little organ oil & call it " genuine organ oil" but this is my opinion) anyway, I then put about a dime size amount in palms and run it through my hair. I brush it through, scrunch it up with my hands and I'm done. I let it air dry and this product delivers. it defined my curls, tamed the frizz and smells great. It looses a lippy because it does have a little crunch but its nowhere near as bad as a gel. All in all it great and especially great for the price. I just hope they don't discontinue it, they discontinue a lot of my faves.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only had to use this product one time and it made a believer out of me. All my life I have had to deal with my frizzy hair. Some of my hair is curly, some of it is straight, most of it is wavy. There is no pattern to it, parts here and there are straight - while this part is curly but OH look this side is wavy. Oh did I mention the frizz?

My hair only looks good if I flat iron it. No frizz. I started growing my hair out for locks of love and the task of flat ironing it everyday was getting to be too much work. I've tried many products and different tactics on my unruly hair - some of them didn't work, some did OK. But it got to the point where I wore a ponytail almost every day.

I read reviews on here about Noodle Head. I decided to try it out. I shampoo'd, towel dried, then applied about a half dollar size in my hair (I got long hair). My hair dried perfectly and there was no frizz. And my natural hair LOOKED NICE. I mean, this normally cavewoman look was gone. I couldn't believe the curliness and the wavyness ... all uniform laying perfectly!

I gave it 4 stars because I tend to jump the gun ... I will review it later on once I've used it for a while. I still have Get N Creamed and Straight Shot to use!!!