December 21, 2014 | 1657 users online

Sunscreen - Kiss Me - Sunkiller Sunscreens/Sunblocks

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2008 6:40:00 AM More reviews by yukichan3488

My review is for Sunkiller - Super Block Skintone Spf 50 PA +++. I found this at a local Japanese store where I live and I have to say, before using European ss, I was totally in love with Japanese ss (I switched to Euro because of better ppd). I wanted to try this since I thought it would work just as well as Kose. Boy was I wrong. It was way too liquidy and it made me look too oily, more oily than LRP Fluide Extreme. My suggestion is that, if you really want to try this brand, get the water resistant one. It might work for you better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by laurenys

I don't recommend it if you're highly exposed to sunlight (because of the presumed PPD rating and photostablity factor). Other than that it is great for going to the office or for minimal sun exposure. The texture is very light and non-greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 10:51:00 AM More reviews by bratirella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The ONLY sunscreen that does not leave an oily film on my face. It has a light watery texture but don't let this fool you. It keeps my skin hydrated and moisturized the whole day without the thick greasy feel of most sunscreens. It also has a high SPF (50+) which is great for summer.

Sunkiller (Kiss Me - Kireiheda) has a wide variety of sunblocks to choose from. My personal favorite is the Soft-Focus Clear Skin because it contains iridescent pearls which gives skin a soft glow ... plus it's an almost-nude beige color so it evens out skin tone. You get the benefits of a tinted moisturizer and powerful sunblock all in one product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2005 2:42:00 AM More reviews by LiNgCiOuS

MY HG for sunscreens, i use the Gel spf25 one for moderate exposure, and the clear water spf50pa+++ one when i'm outdoors. I've dry skin that is sensitive and easily clogged.this is one of the very few sunscreens out there that does not clog my pores. these suit oily skins too, but powder-in-milk is better for oilier skin as compared with clear water. Light non greasy, very watery, spreadable and great makeup base. Compared to La roche posay, LRP's sunscreen Clogs MAJORLY. i also went to see a derm about high ppd sunscreens and he said that Unless i'm someone who spend many hours in the sun daily, sunkiller is sufficient. luckily its widely availible here as well :D cheap too! p.s as this adheres to skin and stays on very well, u would need a strong cleanser to removed it, i use mac cleanse off or sunkiller make off gel

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2005 11:33:00 AM More reviews by benjapa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this sunscreen in Powder Milk SPF 50+. I think it is ok but I am not much impressed. The formula is light and is effective in controling oil. However, it is probably too dry for me since I have dry skin. I heard from my friends who use this sunscreen that it tends to clog pore if I do not wash it very well. Therefore, I do not have any break out problem as I wash it off with Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil and follow with Cetaphil cleanser. I do not know about the protection power of the sunscreen but for some reasons, I do not feel there is enough protection for outdoor activities.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Tried a few of the different sunskiller sunscreens. Blah...wasnt for me. Yes, it feels light but the liquid tends to feel qreasy as well. I have oily skin & they only served to turned me into oily greaseballs & caused my clear skin to be clogged full of blackheads (have stop using it for 4 months & am still trying to deal with the aftermath of removing those blackheads!).

The tinted sunscreen comes with shimmers & that one combined with the oily greasys turned me into a disco ball - imagine the oily shiny skin combined with noticeable glitter! shudder... continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2005 1:44:00 PM More reviews by DarkRay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Despite their high protection rating, Sunkiller's series of suncreen are all really light and leave a nice matt feeling after application! Their base is cyclomethicone, which also performs the extra work of absorbing excess oil from the skin!!!

It is available in a compact packaging, which works well for me. However, I like FT Shiseido The Sun Screen better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2004 9:30:00 PM More reviews by beachgal1204

this thing is so freakin drying and leaves my skin feeling so parched even though im havin combi skin! it's FAR too mattifying! and it clings on to your skin too well that you've gotta use a powerful makeup remover to remove it later on.
i really felt my skin couldn't breathe when i had it on... and i guess my biggest complaint would be its flakiness and far-too-drying consistency!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2004 11:20:00 PM More reviews by burgers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am using the Powder-In-Milk type of sunscreen and loving it. I have bought it 3 times over!! It leaves my skin feeling smooth and matte. Sometimes it dries out the skin below my nose but that is nothing for me, because I have been using oily, greasy sunscreens for as long as I can remember. I am in Japan where the weather is slightly humid, so maybe that is why this sunscreen suits me right now. Must make sure to shake the bottle before using! I agree, the price is a little high for the small amount you get (about 500 yen for 26 mls)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 5:09:00 PM More reviews by kogepan

The Powder-In-Milk SPF 50 PA+++ while good at controlling oil, it unfortunately clogs pores. It is also quite drying. I have combo skin, oily T-zone-dry cheeks. While my t-zone liked this sunblock, my cheeks were flaky and parched. Comparing this to the Clear Water SPF 50 PA+++, I like the Clear Water better. The Power-In-Milk is a little bit thicker than the Clear Water but still has a runny consistency. It definitely keeps the shine away but I found clogged pores on my nose after continued use for a few weeks. If you have super oily skin including cheeks and need a stay-put sunblock, this one might be worth your time, otherwise look into the Clear Water which I find much lighter and less harsh on your skin.