INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 4/24/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG topcoat right here ladies! The price is great. It's available at Sally Beauty Supply but I found mine at Target. This stuff dries quickly and is quite shiny. The application was a breeze and FIVE whole days later no chips! Im fickle with my nail polish and change it often, but with this stuff I have to see how long it can last before it chips. Will update!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I often buy Out the Door (love), Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat in the red bottle (love). And I sometimes get Seche Vite (like). All three brands are great. All dry fast with the same thick glassy shine, and give me that gel-like finish that makes it look like I've just been to the salon for a professional manicure :)

However I prefer Out the Door or Insta-Dri over the Seche Vite and its not just about price.

Seche Vite is the fastest polish drying top coat I've ever used but:
1. Shrinks polish severely
2. Becomes too thick and stringy to use when the bottle gets down to halfway, then it needs thinning repeatedly or it has to be thrown out. This adds to the cost.
3. Letters wear off the bottle and it looks tatty
4. The brush does not reach the end of the bottle so I have to tip and angle the bottle to use it up completely
5. Seche Vite is much more expensive

Out the Door and Insta-Dri takes *slightly* more time to dry than Seche Vite but are both still very fast and don't have the problems Seche Vite does.
1. They rarely cause shrinkage. I occasionally get a tiny bit of shrinkage but ONLY if I forget to wrap the tips. Even then I don't usually have any.
2. Out the Door only needs thinning once or twice, when the bottle gets down to 1/4. Sally Hansen Insta Dri doesn't need thinning.
3. The bottles labels are better quality, don't wear off
4. Out the Door and Insta Dri are priced better

You don't need to spend more to get quality results!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff is the bomb! I always have a problem doing color tips, two toned nails, nail art, etc because they never dry fast enough, end up bleeding with the other color, and I'm impatient too. This made the polish dry super fast, and I was able to do a nice color tip manicure for once in my life. The cashier at my convenience store actually grabbed my hand and complimented me on my nails. I couldn't believe she was impressed. I was like, hold up, don't look too close, but hey this stuff is great! I will re-buy for sure.

Unless I try the Seche stuff recommended here, gosh, I bet if it's better than this, I wouldn't know how to handle myself. I'm so NOT nail polish savvy , but I've been watching nail tutorials and I'm getting a bit better..yay

on 2/28/2015 6:43:00 PM

Pros: Initially it was ok, didn't think it was really amazing but a good quick drying top coat.

Cons: After using only less than 1/2 a bottle it started turning very thick and impossible to apply despite the fact that I used a nail polish thinner (Orly). It was not revivable. Have to toss it out now.

Will not be purchasing again.

on 2/18/2015 5:33:00 PM

I have tried several brands of top coats - brand name and drug store varieties. I purchased this on a whim at Sally's and have been impressed with its staying power after three manicures. Quick drying, good shine, and 5 days of no chipping. Will definitely recommend to friends and repurchase.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

In my country, it's pretty difficult to come across Out the Door so I was really excited to find it. I originally had high hopes for it but after using it a few times, I'm left craving for more. I've used it about six times so far and while this top coat dries very quickly and without the typical problems (shrinking, bubbling, cracking etc.), it is very thin, it doesn't smooth out anything, and the shine is lacking. I realize that a ton of people say this is just as shiny as Seche or is just shiny in general, but I don't see it at all. I just used this over Zoya's Dream and it almost feels like it dulled out a bit of the polish's original shine. I don't particularly care for the brush either as it is kind of thin and I find with the combination of this brush and the consistency of the top coat, I end up with extra product and have to be careful. Overall I know I wouldn't repurchase this, but it's a decent product so I will finish the bottle I have right now.

on 1/30/2015 7:54:00 PM

Can't come close to seche vite. I used this once due to price I immediately went back for seche vite. I gave this away after one use.

on 12/30/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product does dry nails faster, but I have found that it also causes nail polish to chip off as well. I am not using expensive nail polish for color, usually just Sally Hansen Xtreme wear, but using this top coat makes my nail polish chip off even faster than when I go without all together.

The only reason I am giving a 2/5 instead of 1/5 is because it is great at drying quickly. So if your priorities are for drying quickly and you do not care if this nail polish wears off in a couple days, this is for you.

I love this stuff!! I used to be a big fan of Seche Vite. It was my go to top coat. But I feel out of love with it. I noticed (after putting it over white polish) that it tinted things yellow/brown after a few days. Eww. and that it made my polish shrink. and that try as I did, I couldn't get my manicure to last more than 48 hours before I would peel off in sheets. and man the SMELL. eww.

So one day I got on google and started researching for an alternative. I read several people talking about "OTD" as well as a few others, but I was torn. I didn't believe anything would work as well as SV.

On one trip to the store to get more SV, I noticed they had OTD, and that it was cheaper than SV. I decided to give it a try. I figured the worse that would happen is that I'd end up back to the store in a few days to get my old top coat.

Man am I glad I took a chance on OTD!!! It dries fast. It doesn't have the god awful smell. It doesn't turn white polish yellow. It doesn't shrink. They bottle doesn't go as goopy as fast (I'm on my second bottle now!!). And it lasts. Paired with Orly's rubberized bonder and my polish will last up to 2 weeks!!

I'm in love. I can't imagine doing my nails without this top coat now. Really. I spend a lot of time doing nail art on my nails, so I need a good top coat, and this is the one I love. Oh, and for fellow nail art gals, this top coat doesn't smear my work, either!

Love it so much!!

on 10/23/2014 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've only used this topcoat for 2 manicures so far, but I'm not new to polishing my nails, so I feel I can give this a fair review. Prior to this, I use Seche Vite and Poshe. I loved Seche Vite but the smell! Oh man, it stinks to high heaven, not to mention I usually ended up tossing because the last 1/3 or so of the bottle became unusable even with thinner. I really liked Poshe! All the benefits of Seche Vite, though not quite as shiny, and I was able to use the whole bottle. I actually went to Sally's to repurchase my Poshe topcoat when I saw this INM Out the Door topcoat. I was skeptical because I didn't know anything about it, but the price intrigued me ($5 without a Sally's card? Yes please!). I've been using it for two weeks now, on two separate manicures, and I am blown away! It is just as good as my Poshe, for a few dollars less. Dries quickly, pretty shiny, and after a full week, I have minimal chips and tip wear. I use Orly Bonder as my base coat, two coats of polish (typically Essie, Orly, or OPI), and then one coat of Out the Door. I'm so glad I took a chance on this!