December 22, 2014 | 1620 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Soft Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

A few months ago I dropped by Mac and asked a make up artist for an eye shadow that I could use a brow powder. The artist recommended Mac Soft Brown because he said it was reddish and would go with my (medium auburn colored hair). I was a tad skeptical when I made the purchase because while my hair has a definite auburn color, my brows have no red in them whatsoever. I do like the eye shadow soft brown and use it almost every day as the perfect s-o-f-t powder liner underneath my bottom lashes, about half way across. It definitely makes my eyes look more defined but in a soft and natural way, I also use this shadow lightly from my lids up to just above my cease. I smooth the shadow with my favorite eye blending brush from Stila.adow brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Amanda0511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Soft Brown was one of the first eyeshadow I ever purchased from Mac years ago and I still reach for it all the time. I prefer warm shadows as cool tones never look good on me. Soft Brown is my perfect transition shade. Even when I'm in a rush and doing very minimal makeup I always buff this in my crease for a little definition. It's a definite must have for anyone who loves warn shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by beedreaux

I use this color for crease shading and blending for natural eye looks. I use on MAC paint pots (Painterly and Cash Flow) so the color comes out quite nicely. I also use a natural haired brush for application and blending into darker shadows so more color is held with each brush swipe. This is my go-to color for basing and for creases with any color eyes but especially blue/green eyes. One of the most used colors in my MAC shadow collection.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It barely shows on my skin tone (I'm very light, hazel eyes). I have to use it quiet a lot to get some color and still... not one of my favorites.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EYESHADOW. At least in my opinion, i am a NC35 skin tone with neutral undertones, i don't understand the hype about this eyeshadow, i had to order this online because singapore doesn't sell soft brown and i really wanted to try it. the reason why i hate it because i thought it would work well with my skin tone, but i bought this to use as a transition color but it was too pink for me, it messed up my eyeshadow colors and i couldn't put another color in the crease after applying this. its just not the right transition / crease / blending color for me, will never repurchase again but i'll give it points that it has great color payoff and pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm loving this eyeshadow. Its my new crease colour and warms up the eye. It can be used with so many colour combos & looks. It completely changes the look of my eye in one quick application to the crease. I use it to transition from my brow highlight in brule to my lid colour in all that glitters. Then i use embark to deepen the look. Ill definitely repurchase when i run out

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by oliviaq99

I love this shadow! Some people say that it's orangey, but on me it is just a warm brown! It makes my blue-green-gray eyes pop and doesn't make me look washed out (I'm VERY pale). This is a perfect everyday, natural, wearable color!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by SnowQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this, but this is showing up orangey on me. I bought this as a transition shade. I tried it with a primer and without a primer. The texture is lovely and blends out nicely but the color just shows up as orange no matter how light or dark I apply. I still want to love this so if anyone has any suggestions on making this work or color combos to try with this, let me know. If it works I will gladly change my review! For reverence, I am nc 20.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by DPinon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this color is awesome... its a perfect neutral color for my Hazel eyes... just bought it and added it to a Smokey eye using espresso and sweet satisfaction - simply gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am OBSESSED with soft brown. For reference: NC15-20, brown hair, blue-green eyes.

I use this color as my ultimate transition shade. I put it on first before any other shadows, especially when I'm doing a crease. It is a great problem solver with any blending issue that I come across. I just grab a blending brush, use some soft brown, and everything is ok again.

To me, soft brown looks very warm, almost like an orangey/reddish brown in the pan, but on the lids it i just the perfect light brown shade, and is something that you don't think you need until you own it.