April 17, 2014 | 867 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Soft Brown

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EYESHADOW. At least in my opinion, i am a NC35 skin tone with neutral undertones, i don't understand the hype about this eyeshadow, i had to order this online because singapore doesn't sell soft brown and i really wanted to try it. the reason why i hate it because i thought it would work well with my skin tone, but i bought this to use as a transition color but it was too pink for me, it messed up my eyeshadow colors and i couldn't put another color in the crease after applying this. its just not the right transition / crease / blending color for me, will never repurchase again but i'll give it points that it has great color payoff and pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm loving this eyeshadow. Its my new crease colour and warms up the eye. It can be used with so many colour combos & looks. It completely changes the look of my eye in one quick application to the crease. I use it to transition from my brow highlight in brule to my lid colour in all that glitters. Then i use embark to deepen the look. Ill definitely repurchase when i run out

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by oliviaq99

I love this shadow! Some people say that it's orangey, but on me it is just a warm brown! It makes my blue-green-gray eyes pop and doesn't make me look washed out (I'm VERY pale). This is a perfect everyday, natural, wearable color!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by SnowQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this, but this is showing up orangey on me. I bought this as a transition shade. I tried it with a primer and without a primer. The texture is lovely and blends out nicely but the color just shows up as orange no matter how light or dark I apply. I still want to love this so if anyone has any suggestions on making this work or color combos to try with this, let me know. If it works I will gladly change my review! For reverence, I am nc 20.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by DPinon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this color is awesome... its a perfect neutral color for my Hazel eyes... just bought it and added it to a Smokey eye using espresso and sweet satisfaction - simply gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am OBSESSED with soft brown. For reference: NC15-20, brown hair, blue-green eyes.

I use this color as my ultimate transition shade. I put it on first before any other shadows, especially when I'm doing a crease. It is a great problem solver with any blending issue that I come across. I just grab a blending brush, use some soft brown, and everything is ok again.

To me, soft brown looks very warm, almost like an orangey/reddish brown in the pan, but on the lids it i just the perfect light brown shade, and is something that you don't think you need until you own it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I waited so long to buy this shadow! I'm flipping in love with Soft Brown! The shade is the most beautiful, soft, light peachy brown, with a wonderful soft, silky matte finish. I LOVE using Soft Brown on all over my lid and then up into my crease area with a 217 or 224 brush. If you're an NC25 or darker, I would say that it really is the most perfect warm transition shade to really warm up the eye without being obvious that it's there. However, if you're more fair or have cool toned skin, I could see Soft Brown being potentially too orange on your skin, of course, it depends on application and your personal preferences. I'm an NC30-35 and think it adds the slightest bit of warmth, I can also get away with wearing this on it's own with just some highlighter on my brow bone as a warm, natural look, but I can see why most people would see Soft Brown solely as a transition shade, since it is quite orange, but if you're skin is warm enough, you could totally use this as a lid shade. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a natural, light, matte colour. ** Please be advised that this shadow is QUITE peachy and slightly orange, Soft Brown is NOT a neutral, it is warm! So if you prefer cooler shades, you should probably look for an alternative cooler or more neutral brown, like Cork or Wedge.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Kaelyn22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It is a great color to wear everyday and it looks wonderful with about any color you wear it with. I use it in my crease everyday, its always good to apply a matte color to you crease to add dimension to the eye.
Like I said, I wear it everyday and I am in high school and I have athletics during the middle of the day and afterwards it still looks good! I didn't think its pigmentation would last through my workout, but it did very well!
I WILL repurchase this product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice blending color. I use it in my crease to blend out my other colors. It's a very nice shade to connect my eyeshadows together and make everything smooth. It's a Matte light brown and I like that there is no shimmer. It's definitely one of the best blending eyeshadows that I've ever found.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by sarasophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the past year there has rarely been a product thta truly amazed me. I was uncertain if Soft Brown would pull orange on me but Oh My it's amazing. So gorgeous. Besides Quarry this is my favorite MAC eyeshadow so far. Both make fantastic crease colors for my brown eyes but I find SB a little more blendable,