August 20, 2014 | 2039 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Dreamtime Bath Melt

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by soapsaholic09

Dreamtime is a bath melt that eludes to the notion that the combination of lavender, chamomile, jasmine and sandalwood scents will relax you enough to induce sleep. Now, I'm not going to claim that this is an effect you WILL experience when using this product, but I can tell you that there will be plant floaties and the melt will turn your bathwater milky white - which is kind of cool, because you could pretend like you're Cleopatra taking a milk bath in her royal palace... if you're into that sort of thing.

All things aside, this product is alright but not for me - there are better melts and bath products to choose from at LUSH.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Lush bath melts are essentially expensive alternatives to bath oil. This one is a lovely blend of cocoa butter, almond oil and some essential oils. It's moisturizing and smells good, but like the mango one, it leaves an unpleasant tingly feeling on my lips for hours after the bath!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

Dreamtime is as moisturizing as the other bath melts. I broke it in half and used it twice. The lavender smell is relaxing and subtle in the tub, not too overpowering. It made me rather sleepy.

As a whole, the product didn't really wow me. I feel like a regular bath with a Yankee lavender candle would have been just as effective and cost me $6 less.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by verandie

I'm a new LUSH customer and this is my first bath melt. I've had several bubble bars and LOVE them. So, I know I'm supposed to put this in my bath but I was reluctant to use the whole thing... it's pretty expensive for the size. I decided to do what someone else did... I rubbed it all over my body AFTER my bath and let it sink in for a while. The smell on the skin is very mild, which I appreciated, but also not the most pleasant lavender-based scent. It's nicely moisturizing. A while after my bath, I noticed a distinct chill on my skin, no doubt from the lavender drying down. It wasn't unpleasant but would probably feel much better in summer months, when it's not snowing outside. I doubt I'll re-buy this because of the price-to-size (one use?). I think I might try to make my own bath melts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like to review Lush bath products (from my phone) while I'm literally sitting in the bath with them. So here I am. I have my wine and my Little Debbie fudge brownie and I've shut the door against my screaming two month because my finance's her and it's ME TIME (for like 30 mins, anyway)...
I held the bath melt in my hand and let it dissolve under the flowing tap as the tub filled. It smells generic LUSH smell, like a mishmosh, like how the store smells when you first walk in. Once melted, the smell is not strong, but not too subtle either , its allright. It foams up a bit at first and then just creates milky, oily soft bathwater. It's not bad, in all fairness, very 3 stars. Which is what I've rated it. Maybe even 3 1/4. Feels like my skin will be soft afterwards. And oh , I don't yet see any flowers/leaves floating because the lights are off and I've only got a few candles lit so that may or may not upset me when I turn the light on. See my other Lush reviews if you're curious about how I feel about seaweed-looking chit floating in my bathwater.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by bootmunchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dreamy. Melty. Buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a lil confused by Dreamtime. I've been a fan of YBM for the longest time but wanted to try something different so I thought I would give this a whirl. I don't get the scent. It's extremely light, herbal and plain. I gave it 2 lippies because I kinda liked how it made my skin feel but it's soooo overpriced for a tiny melt that did nothing. Ceridwen's Cauldron is better and bigger. I will stick to that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I was confused as to what/how to use this. I didnt realize that it was something you plopped in the bath with you. I used it as a soap of sorts, not to clean but to moisturize with in the shower. It left my skin very soft and soothed. Smells very nice. However when I did put one in the bath with me it left an oilly film every where. I understand that some lush products when used in the bath require a little bit of cleaning up after, but I would prefer to use it in the shower. It lasts longer that way anyways.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by AMajor87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This bath melt smells amazing. Definitely not my favorite bath melt (Happy Blooming will always be my favorite) but this is a close second. The only thing I don't like about it is all the little flowers and things in the melt. They remind me of bugs floating in my water, so I normally pick them out as they float aroudn. Besides that I love this melt!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by magnolia2907

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this bath melt. I lay about half of it in my hand and hold it under warm running water. This way you get a tiny blanket of "foam" on your water. The scent is relaxing and calming. It is ideal to use before you go to bed. It also feels very luxurious and moisturizing. Little flowers appear as the bath melt dissolves. The only negative aspect I can think of is the price. But half a bath melt is plenty for one bath. Next time I might cut it in three or four pieces.