April 19, 2014 | 1783 users online

Toners - Murad - Essential-C Toner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A perfectly fine toner - but man, oh man, way too much money ($26).
Smells fresh and is effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by hemali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hello Everyone i bought this toner recently and even the Rapid Reducing age spot serum..I noticed some red boils on my right cheek and some tiny rash kinda on my forehead and even felt a bit itchy..so not sure if its because of the toner or serum if anyone could help me to solve this problem for now i have stopped using both of the products..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this!! It is apparently for "pigmentation and damage caused by environmental exposure" . I don't have any pigmentation/damage caused by the sun as I avoid it like the plague; nor do I hang around in polluted places - but this toner works great on me anyway. It's very convenient when I'm rushing in the mornings as I don't have to reach for a piece of cotton. Also, it is economical as all the product gets onto your face via the spray mechanism. I just spray about 4 squirts on my face and let it dry. It doesn't usually get into my eye but if it does ... ouch >_< it burns!

I love it 'cause it gets rid of grease instantly. I use PC 2% BHA at night which makes my face appear to be very greasy. Once I spray this toner on, the grease is instantly gone like magic! It is very nice and hydrating and has never caused me any breakouts or problems. The zesty scent is a plus too, though I would have preferred it to smell like sweet oranges. I really really enjoy using it and will definitely repurchase :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

good!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by cityskin

I've been using this for about a week, AM and PM, and I have to say that my skin does look better than before. The right side of my face suffered from some red spots, most likely pimples that wanted to crop up and it remarkably diminished a lot. I also purchased a few other new products but none of them claim to help with balancing skin tone so I'm guessing it has to be the Murad Essential-C at work.

I would most likely repurchase.......but use it only in the AM and find a replacement toner for my PM, preferably a glycolic-based because I like to have exfoliation at night, post cleansing, to help my other PM products absorb quicker and better into my skin for more effectiveness).

All in all, it does what it says it will do so. It clarifies and evens out your skin tone. Wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was just alright. I always worry about how stable the Vitamin C is. I use homemade concoction as a 'serum' right before i put makeup on, but i do wash it off, as i have suspicion that it darkens my foundation/mineral makeup or oxidizes, whichever term is more correct.
I didnt see any whitening. I love the spray nozzle. I use about 5-6 pumps on my face and then use a cotton pad to smooth and wipe down. It does feel nice and refreshing.
due to the cost, i will not be repurchasing again. I have discovered the joys of online shopping for exotic korean and japanese cosmetics and will be trying other products, especially with whitening or brightening qualities (which i dont see in US toners, maybe I am not looking hard enough)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by chaque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG toner. I have been using it for about a year now and love it. I have very sensitive skin so wanted to try toners that did not have alcohol in them. This has a nice, orangy scent that I really enjoy. It makes my skin feel great and not at all tight. The bottle is fantastic with a spray on it and the price is excellent for the quality.

If you are trying to find a new toner, definitely give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for 8 years, and it's one of my very favorite products of all time. Spraying it is like misting with a burst of sunshine, any time of the day. I use it on my face to hydrate, balance, keep pores in check, set makeup, dissolve oil and sweat, and refresh. It's great on legs after shaving, and for cooling and soothing body skin. Murad's products always have a certain "something" that makes them feel better, smell better, and get better results than just about anything else I've tried over the years. The truth is, I want the products I spend my hard earned money on to work; not just to tell me they work. Whatever secret formula Murad adds to their products continually seems to be formulated exactly to my needs, (I've used Murad over the years, from acne to aging...), so I know they're worth it. This toner is fantastic.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by articia527

I used to find no real need for a toner product at all but I decided to give this a try since I was interested in the coinciding essential C cleanser. I'm still not sure whether toners in general are 'necessary' but I now find this one necessary to my skin regimen after using it for a little over a month now. I may even like it more than the cleanser! It definitely feels great and smells great going on, but more importantly it seems to refresh my skin and leave it with a lovely glow post washing that a cleanser simply can't accomplish on it's own. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Starla4807

When I used up my first bottle of this I didn't think it I would buy it again. I didn't think it made any difference in my skin, that is until I started using other toners. They worked but they didn't make my skin look radiant like this one did. Now I'm on my second bottle and I use it every day :) Smells good too, a nice pick-me-up.