November 24, 2014 | 1994 users online

Powder - Beauticontrol - Wet/Dry Finish

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by bnavarro

I got this product to try it out. Its expensive around $22! I find that the Maybelline PureStay foundation Powder is VERY similar to this. I defenitely would spend $6 instead of$22. Its an okay powder . I had high expectations, wouldn't repurchase. also, I did get oily quite a bit after 4 hrs.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by krissi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really on the fence about this product. I am a new beauticontrol consultant and got this when I signed up. At first I was upset because they sent me the shade lighter than the foundation I need but when I applied it actually it matched my skin perfect. I usually like a tad bit more warmth but this was dead on, p2. I was colormatched to p3 but it worked. The compact is so neat looking and it does feel creamy and soft and doesn't settle or accentuate lines when applied. However, it was pretty shiny in my t zone after 4 hours. I did put alot of moisturizer on underneath because I usually only wear a powder foundation in the summer when I am lazy and don't like to be all made up. I will try this again. I did love the look - it was immaculate. I just wish that look would have lasted longer. I will try other underneath options and post an update later.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by desert_rain

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation a lot. I use it dry as my skin is oily and I get the coverage I am looking for. I don't like heavy coverage and this is easy to use for light coverage or buildable for a heavier coverage. It is good for my skin. I have sensitive skin prone to eczema and I have no problems at all with this. I have always had trouble finding a color to match my skin and I use Y-2 and it is a good match. It is also quick and easy to apply. I just slap it on my face with a brush and go! My only complaint is that it is a little on the expensive side but I am a BeautiControl consultant so that is how I justify the pricetag.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by robynethridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mom sold beauticontrol for awhile. I used this powder foundation but none of the colors were a good match for my skin tone. It would end up looking orangy on my oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by emmy__c

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing this for years because I'm too lazy to try a different product. It's certainly not exeptional. When you first put it on, it gives a nice matte finish. My color is nude, and it matches my skin tone very well. By lunch, though, my T-zone area is already oily looking. By the end of the day, you can't even tell i'm wearing a powder foundation. This would be understandable if I had extrememly oily skin... but i don't. My skin is normal - not dry or oily. Another bad thing about this product - It's so expensive!! I've decided that when I run out this time, I'm going to find a different product. ~Emma

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2006 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Dancer6978

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a loose powder: I take a makeup brush and get the product all powdery over the brush. Then I sweep it over my face. It is FABULOUS for people with dry skin to use it in such a way. The porcelain-beige color is great for me (I have yellow-based fair skin, a rare combination), and the texture is silky. I don't use it as a foundation, ever, just as a powder swept over my foundation. I LOVE the softness of my skin after using it. It is so hard to find a powder that won't dry out my face even more, but this one does wonders. Great product!

For some reason, I hated it in the "wet" version. I tried it once, and it came out all splotched out and streaky on my skin. It was so odd!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2005 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lipglosslover1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THis foundation when i used it at first i was amazed at how light it was and how good it made me look-at first...
i used this product 2 months and my face broke out bad bad i thought it was my face wash and i tried so many diff. things and it was this foudation once i stopped using it i cleared up-but i have never had acne like that before in my life. it was bad. i will NEVER but this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2004 11:31:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great wet/dry powder based foundation. I use the lighter shades like alabaster, ivory and nude. In the new colors I use N-1 and N-2 and sometimes Y-1 or Y-2.

I really love this foundation - I can go as dark as NATURAL (N-3) in the summer.

I put it on dry for a light, matte (but not chalky) finish.

Good price, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2003 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ImageWorks

This is best overall foundation I've ever used! Originally I applied it with a wet sponge because I was used to a cream or liquid makeup. After applying it dry one day, I've never gone back to wet application! It goes on smoothly, has a nice coverage w/o being too heavy or cakey and there are ample shades to choose from. Love the sponge being in separate compartment and it washes clean easily and doesn't come apart.