July 29, 2014 | 1887 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Sun Lotion SPF 30+

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

a nice and light sun screen lotion type. it is pricey for what it is. it leaves the skin on the shiny side although it is a gel /lotion type of sunscreen. it does leave the face shiny. the smell isn't too strong which is good. i would only buy if it is on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by banapple93

I really liked this when I first began using it. However, I've increasingly lost a lot of my former fondness for it.

PROS:
- Goes nicely under makeup
- No white cast
- Fast absorbing
- Broad spectrum, SPF 30
- 100mL

CONS:
- A bit greasy, especially on my oily skin
- Very strong pine scent (which could be a positive if you enjoy fragranced products, I personally cannot stand the smell at all)
- Irritates eyes
- Pricey ($70 AUD/100mL - however, I've since seen it available on Beauty Bay for ~$40 AUD and free shipping)
- Packaging is pretty and I like the pump dispenser, however it is impractical for travelling

All in all, I plan to use it up, but I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by gingerbeer

Yes this is pricey, yes it's hydrating, sometimes giving a little too much shine. But this is the first standalone SPF 30 sunscreen that does not break me out. It does feel a little 'sticky' after first application but I wear it under a little powder and don't notice it after application. The glass bottle is classic packaging, but not the most ideal for traveling.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

Okay, this stuff is expensive as hell. This is the only reason I can't give it 5/5 - AUD$70, are you freaking kidding?

But, I need it. I'm sun safety crazy, super pale, freckle and burn very easily. I also have oily and VERY sensitive skin. I hate it when other sunscreens (and I've tried a lot) mess with my skincare regime and make my skin greasy and oily, not to mention that gross gritty feeling you get with some. It makes the effect the summer heat already has on my skin 100 x worse. But, what can you do - with my skin type and living in Australia (not to mention the history of skin cancer in my family), risking my skin is not an option.

The reason I love this product is that it goes on feeling completely smooth, and dries immediately with a papery, matte like finish, but at the same time, it's not remotely drying. I can put it on over the top of my makeup, any moisturiser or fake tan I'm already wearing, without zero problems. This is the only sun protector I've found that does this, while still being SPF 30+.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2010 7:14:00 AM More reviews by strawbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

makes me shiney but good at moisturising and sun protection. (have used other sun creams where I still burn! this one is effective) alitte bit too greasy for my oily skin though

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Reira

first of all, this stings when i accidentally dab it near my eye area! so pls avoid eye area, it's the sali acid.

apart from the above, this product goes so well with makeup. i apply it before my foundation and it goes on so smoothly without leaving a white cast.

gotta admit that this is one of those rare times that i purchase a product without even researching about it. but woah, i got lucky :)

the smell's a little tacky but oh well, i don't really care if it protects my skin.

the downside is the price! ex ex ex!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate sun block/ sun lotions, I often found myself running into the sun without it. Thinking about having the thick greasy suffocation on my face under the hot humid weather? eh... I'd rather get sun-tan... That's basically how I operated my life in the past 20 something years. I'm lucky tho, so far I don't get any freckle, and my sun tan goes away very quickly as always. But as I'm approaching the Big 3 0, I became more conscious to skin care.

I feel fortunate to have found this Sun Lotion :) or else I would still be very unwillingly to put on any sun screen.

I dab this sun lotion gently on my skin after Herbal Recovery Gel, then followed by Silk Finishing Powder with a loose powder brush. It's light-weighted, non-greasy, has fast absorption and very pleasant scent, allows your skin to breathe and gives a deliciously suppled and dewy look to the skin.

The only question I have for Jurlique is, when it's said to be SPF 30+, does it mean only cover UVB? What about UVA? More details would be very much appreciated!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Ellie888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS FOR THE NEW ANTI-AGEING DAY CREAM SPF 15

I couldnt find it to review so i hope this helps to do it here!
I have really sensitive dry skin. It even reacts to some supposedly organic, chemical free sunscreen day creams! So my skin is pretty difficult. I have been using it for two days and fingers crossed so far so good. it is very moisturising and if your not used to using the natural sunscreens, you might find this a bit cloying at first but persist cos its worth it. It has a slight clinical smell but nothing unpleasant, and goes on soooo clear for a natural sunscreen. Yay!!! Most titanium/zinc oxide sunscreens r too whitening for the face but this is the clearest yet! It tingles a little but then that goes and it wears well under my foundation. It seems great for dry to very dry skin, moisturises nicley. I am hoping it continues to go well with tis product as it is a bit pricey for a spf15 day cream at 30 for 2oz. But you dont need much to cover the whole face. If you have oily skin though i think this would be far to greasy and annoying for you. It would just slip off your face after a while i imagine! If you have dry sensitised/sensitive skin, this stuff is for you.
Will update if anything goes wrong. Lets hope it doesnt as the price tag is a bit higH.

UPDATE
Although i was pleased with this brand it did give me a few spots on tops of my cheecks, but other than that was ok. So i tried GAMARDE SPF 30 FOR SENSITIVE SKIN non chemical again with both zinc and titanium. Its even better than the jurlique. Immediatley soothing, no sting, no spots and moisturising enouf. The only problem being is that its a bit too thick and a bit tricky to spread, there is an spf15 which i imagne is a bit more fluid. So i will be trying that next! So far so good. But you know how it is!!!!!!! Again no whiteness, no sheen no greasiness but not drying to the skiin either, is fine under a light/sheer foundation but skin could feel a bit stiffled if worn with a heavy foundation ontop of this cream. I recommend you to try the spf15 first. Hope this is usful.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2009 8:24:00 AM More reviews by eunicette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this product, which smells of lavender. But while it has quite a light runny consistency, it just feels sticky and clammy throughout the day. Even if I put powder on top of it, it just feels sticky. When I apply the product to my neck, my hair sticks to my neck. Kinda gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by jocel1ne

I have combination skin and have been using this product for 2 years now.

After searching far and low for a suitable sunscreen that didn't break me out badly (I used nivea and clinique cityblock prior to jurlique) i have finally found my saviour.

I find this sunscreen nice and light, my skin takes it in well and best of all, its not oily like other sunblocks ive tried.

the only downfall would be the heavy glass packaging that is a pain when travelling.