October 21, 2014 | 1908 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Skin Firming Lotion

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by xruthjox

As some other reviewers are saying, the smell is awful with the added q10 lotion. Very disappointed as love the 'usual' palmers cocoa butter smell but this is has a horrible added scent that stays all day. I passed it onto my mum incase it was just my nose but she also found it the same and even had a shower half way through one day to get rid of it as no perfume or other scented lotion could mask the smell. I will just stick to the original as its firming and smoothing results are probably just as good :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by jasrob

I love this lotion.. it's very moisturizing and I find it helps even out skin tone and texture. A little warning though - I found 2 different versions of this product: one with Q10 and one without. The one with Q10 has a really strong bad smell and when you rub it onto your skin, white stuff flake off (this is the version I've found at Walmart). The one without Q10 has a light smell and very moisturizing (I've found this version at Zellers or Shoppers Drug Mart). So before you buy it, make sure to check it doesn't have Q10 in it. I recently bought a big bottle of Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion because it was on sale.. I really like it too.. but after it's finished, I'll most likely go back to using Palmers because I really like how it evens out my skin tone and texture, plus it's much cheaper even when not on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by jak702

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 3 weeks all over my body. I usually use regular Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion but switched to see if this stuff would be even better. It was not. I didn't like the smell - not the "normal" palmers cocoa butter chocolate smell and it made me break out everywhere. My chest, shoulders, thighs and butt!! I haven't changed anything else in my beauty routine so I know it's this. I'm going back to my favorite - basic Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion. Why mess with a good thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by umbrellatime

Besides the smell this is a fantastic product. The smell is very sharp, I get the cocoa but it is very sweet and it smells like glue, I can barely stand it. I'm half way through the bottle and I see the skin in my hip area, stomach, bust, and thighs smoothing and firming out. I have lost quite a bit of weight (from size 12 to size 6) and this has been keeping my skin nice and firm and not saggy. This has been smoothing out my stretch marks that I have as a result of weight gain and they are less noticeable but I doubt this is going to make them go away (I might try bio-oil for that?). I would like to use this on my whole body but the smell is awful, I think I will try the Nivea firming for my whole body. I massage this in circular motions in my problem areas which I find is the most effective way in using this product. This is not a miracle product but it is relatively effective imo, since I always hear people say these products don't work. I think the key is dedication more then anything, I have been using this generously, 2x a day. This is worth a try for $4-5 for 250 ml, pump bottle. Overall pretty satisfied for my first try in the world of firming/anti-cellulite/stretch mark creams. Will update after I finish up the rest of the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by sandrac0118

I have been using this product for 3 years or so and it really works. I use it on my thighs and butt where I have cellulite and although it has not gotten rid of it (I believe that you cannot truly get rid of cellulite until you have a proper exercise regimen that firms your fat ridden areas of you body), it has reduced the appearance of my cellulite dramatically. It has also minimized, even diminished the appearance of scars. It has firmed my bust and stomach area, as well as, diminished the appearance of stretch marks that I had when my weight flunctuates.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by angeleyes022

YUCK! Heavily scented - a sickingly sweet, very strong chocolate / almond / mint / chemical flavour - very artificial. Found it extremely greasy, and like another reviewer mentioned - when you rub this into your skin - little white bits flake off!

Good thing about this is yes - -it is a heavy duty moisturizer.

But, in that case, I'd rather smear Crisco all over my body, at least it would smell better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ekelur

I had no intention of buying any such product, because I was skeptical as to the claims. I tried a sample of the Dr. Murad foolishness, and then saw this (the Skin Firming Butter) at WalMart and decided it couldn't be any worse, since it was a fraction of the price for way more product. All's I'm saying is this: I had a baby 6 months ago via C-section. I don't know if the firming that I see is because of this cream, or just a function of the skin shrinking on its own. My stretch marks have faded considerably, and the same comment goes for them. But when I went to the midwife yesterday, she exclaimed, "Where's your scar?!?! I've never seen a scar heal as well as this one!" Say what you want, but for $3.50, I think it's a chance worth taking. If it doesn't work, heck, you've got a nice bottle of pretty good smelling lotion for cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by klban

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just have to say--I really think this product works! I go back to it again and again I use the the frangrance free formula which you can find at drugstore.com so I don't smell like a walking Hershey Kiss. I am almost 55, slender, but with skin that sags everywhere even though I run plenty of miles every week and do Yoga daily. What can you expect from a butt that's been hanging out for over 50 years? No this doesn't make me look like I did when I was 19, but the skin on my upper thighs, belly and back of my legs looks firmer than usual does when using this lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Viglen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff has increased my body confidence. Considering Iv tried numerous body lotions including BioOil (which was useless, expensive and did not work), this is the only thing thats helping to fade my stretchmarks. I have only been using it for three weeks and already Iv noticed a BIG difference. My skin just looks better, more toned and even my boyfriend complemented on how soft my skin was.

I cant praise this stuff enough and highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am writing this in regards to the BUST FIRMING massage cream. This was SOOOO drying on my skin. I bought it on my way to work thinking I could use in on my hands as well as other parts of my body to firm and tone my skin. UGH....VERY VERY drying. I LOOOOOOOOOVE ALL the other Palmers products so I was really surprised about this. Leaving my hands as dry as it did, I would NEVER dream of putting in on my breasts!! I threw it away.