December 19, 2014 | 1509 users online

Blush - Mary Kay - Blushes

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by SLeal13

Their blushes look nice but they ware off really fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by joneschick114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Awesome blushes- would love some in full size, not just sample. Want to try more! (Mineral version)

My friend was selling MK this year and brought her special bag to school with all the mini samples. I didn't want to buy full size items without trying them in sample form first, so she was nice enough to give me plenty of free samples (although the goal is to make a sale). She gave me 2 Color Cards- 1 Neutrals and 1 Berries. They have a lipstick sample, blush and three eye shadows on them. I still haven't played around with these but I have used up some blush samples she gave me and they were great!

Cherry Blossom- A lovely rosey color that really stands out when paired with deep reds/plums on the lips. Great just as a nice contouring blush.

Sunny Spice- A more coral, matte, light colored blush/bronzer. Sort of light brownish/beige. Reminded me a little of ELF's Studio Blush in Candid Coral and Wet n Wild's Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve your Cabana. Pigmented enough to do a little light contour. Very pretty and versatile.

What's great about the blush samples is that I got at least four applications outta them!

The Color Cards feature Strawberry Cream (which is nice so far) and Bold Berry, so I'm confident they too will be just as great as the two I reviewed. I would definitely get these blushes full sized- they are great, with a really nice color range.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a sample of MK Blush in a d/c'ed color. The new mineral line of blush is mid-priced and mid-quality. Plus you have to buy the dreaded $16 compact. (Thank goodness for ebay!) Like but don't love - won't re-purchase - I have loads of other blushes - both cheaper and more high end. Edit: I just bought Golden Copper for $10 through my MK rep and it is great! 4 stars for that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by pupster

These are lovely, sheer glowing blushes. I wish you didn't have to buy the compact separately, but once you have it, you can just buy the refills. I keep mine in the plastic box they come in and use double sided tape. I place one small strip of double sided tape on the bottom of the plastic case and another small strip of double sided tape on the bottom of the actual blush, then press the two together. This keeps the product from falling out and moving around when you run your brush over it. This has worked perfectly for me, I travel quite a lot and carry my makeup in a makeup bag in my purse and have had no problems with it breaking. These retail for $10 for the same amount of product you pay $30 for at the Dept store counter. The mineral formula feels so soft and looks healthy rather than like you are wearing blush. There are bolder colors if you like a more madeup look. Right now my favorites are cherry blossom, citrus bloom (scary bright in the pan, but really gives a healthy glow when used sparingly) and sparkling cider. The color lasts for ever, easily 12 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by yuyu122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used their blushes before they made that change to "mineral". So anything I say applies only for the "old" formulation that came in the long rounded package. I had 2 blushes "Burnished bronze" and "Blossom" and loved them... I used the bronze to contour and blossom when I wanted a subtle color. They had good satying power to me, and the bronze is my favorite bronze color of all time... I haven't reached the bottom of the pan and I swear I have this blush since 2006 and used it almost daily...

They last forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why I haven't tried the "mineral" ones... I still have blushes... I have tried another brands (GOC, Adara, Ives Rocher) and they can't compare in staying power, maybe because they are cheap stuff...

I think the MK blushes are not cheap but affordable.(at least the "old", because the "mineral" look a lot smaller)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mom swears by Mary Kay- and I do think that the skincare products and antiaging line in particular have had a lot to do with how young-looking her skin is at 54. She has no need for make up really, but the products she has bought from MK have been awful in my opinion. Their models and sales reps always look clownish and cakey, and indeed I have worn MK make up as stage make up for its unnaturally bright and caked on appearance. The blush is chalky and color selection is awful, it reminds me of 80s make up. Don't waste your money on any of their make up products- better to go with drug store or no make up at all!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by StephanieMarie91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the mineral blush in Shy and Strawberries and Cream. I LOVE them both! The blush has gold "sparkle" that really gives a very pretty dewy look to the skin (and when i say sparkle i mean very subtle). It last throughout the day very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by silviachick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a powder blush in Orchid. I am unsure if this color is available still as I have it in the old rectangle blush pan. I love it. I haven't had any problems with staying power. However I do think that is partly due to the fact that is really close to my own natual rosey cheeck color. So if it does fade, I haven't noticed, which is a good thing for me.
I've had this for a while now, and I'm barely making a dent in it. It seems like this will last me a very long time. I'm very happy to have gotten this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Strawberries and Cream and don't like it that much... it looks pretty in the pan but just doesn't look right on me. If I apply lightly not much shows up, but if I put a little more I look like I was slapped or sunburned - maybe it has too much red in it? or maybe it just is for cool skintones? (I'm warm toned). I wanted to try it because it says it has golden shimmer, but there is absolutely none as far as I can tell... Also, Mary Kay blushes don't stay on that long...only a couple of hours at most.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by xPollyPocketx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this blush is nice, currently i'm using 'just peachy.'
it's not one of my most prized beauty products, but still i like it.