November 24, 2014 | 2015 users online

Lipstick - Annabelle - Classique

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by idg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this lipstick during a drugstore search for a "deep neutral" tone of lip colour...the kind of colour that clearly is more than a my-lips-but-better lipstick, yet is not too overstated, and simply makes one look put-together and elegant. At first, I feared that this plummy-mauve shade would run too light against my NC42 skintone and pigmented lips, but it was surprisingly fully opaque in a couple of swipes and quite flattering as well. It's the "deep neutral" I'd always wanted! It may seem drying at first, but strangely, after some use, I found that I no longer needed any lip balm over it - I suppose it has a breaking in period. This lipstick truly is Classique and I believe it would suit many skintones and makeup looks. One more thing that I must mention is that while the lipstick case may seem cheap from afar, it actually has considerable heft and makes you feel as though you are using a more expensive product that surely will not fall out of its packaging (and it surely won`t!). Let this be a lesson to those of us that constantly fall for new products: as was stated in that modern classic film, Aladdin (*chuckles*), there are diamonds in the rough, and they`ve been there for awhile!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by auras

This shade is very flattering on me and I love the creamy consistency. Great find!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely sheered-out but buildable plum-brown, MLBB. No scent/taste. Very flattering. Annabelle makes great, affordable, quality stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2004 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Nata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, it doesn't look like a lipstick of $4.75 :) Color is mauve-berry-rose(?) looks like YLBB if applied sheer on the top of some lip balm; and very "put together" looking by itself with Chanel Nude liner. And if you will add some Guerlain Kiss-Kiss gloss in Figue Plaisir... Beautiful evening look. Love it! Packaging is a sleek gun-metal bullet. I will definitely try other shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2003 11:20:00 PM More reviews by janabear

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a great find! The new velvet Annabelle lipsticks are just as good of quality of MAC imo, and cost 1/3 the price. Classique is a great reddish plum with a touch of brown. Its medium in depth, but can look darker or lighter depending on application. Not a sheer colour, definatly a creme.