October 31, 2014 | 1190 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Elenita55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Like to try different wipes and this is usually dictated by what's on sale.
Tried the NIVEA ones and here is what I found.
Packaging doesn't stay closed, which is frustrating as wipes dry out substantially.
Fresh clean beautiful scent, lovely texture.
I use these as the initial MAKEUP removal step, before cleaning my face with a face wash.
Safely say it takes 70% of makeup off, using 2 wipes.
When I go with another cleanser to see what is still on my face, I am surprised to find quite a bit.
For my eyes, these wipes are not sufficient. I generally use eye makeup remover on a cotton pad afterwards to wipe off excess residue.
Would I use again? If on sale.. perhaps.
Are these something to rave about? Certainly not.
I still find NEUTROGENA and MAC have superior wipes ( but overpriced ).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't been using these wipes for very long but so far, so good! I find that it takes my face makeup off easily, it just melts it right off but as far as mascara goes, it lets me down, it doesn't remove my mascara too well!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Janetiuk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product and I've been using it for years, it usually takes off everything, even my eye make up. If I wear a lot of make I sometimes I have it use 2 wipes. My main problem is the packaging!! It never stays closed. So when it dries out it works like a damp napkin... Might look for something new

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by dreamfantasy

As much as I like the handiness of having the wipe, this one I don't really like... I seal my package after I pull out the wipe but they're always dry by the time I pull it out! Even tape over the seal doesn't work! And once you put water on the wipe, it does work but the wipe tends to drag the makeup around rather than wipe it off. You have to wipe your face many times to completely remove the makeup and especially since eye makeup is probably the hardest part, the skin at the top of my cheek closest to my eye starts to sting when I apply my moisturizer (it's Neutrogena so I'm pretty sure it's not the moisturizer)!!! I'm just not a big fan...

PRO: handy
CON: doesn't remove makeup well

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Did not moisturize, did not take off my makeup, dirt, definitely not oil...its like a rough napkin that does not grip and not effective. It was just A wet napkin....I like Nivea a lot, its very popular here in Europe. but i did not like this particular product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by teacuppig

Probably the worst face wipes I've ever tried. The sheets are thin and barely hold onto any of the moisture. They're rough on the skin and don't do a good job of removing make up at all. There are some Nivea products I like but this one was a miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by AnnaSmith11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I brought these because I love Nivea and their smell so smell wise I really like these.
However the wipes themselves are not very moist and don't leave my face refreshed.
They have this sort of rough-ish texture, well not exactly rough but they have these small uneven bumps instead of being smooth which I don't like and it doesn't feel too nice on my face. They are ok at getting makeup off my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by lithiumxflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a pack of these for about £1 and thought it was quite good value at the time, despite getting the sensitive wipes it was still too irritating to use on my eyes and stung quite considerably which surprised me as other Nivea visage products I own were fine on my skin. The wipes themselves were quite rough and smelled absolutely awful (it was like rubbing toilet cleaner on my face), also they dried out quickly in spite of my trying to seal the pack firmly. the real issue was the horrible rash I experienced my cheeks were covered in itchy little spots and my face was red for about 2 days, then again I do have very sensitive skin so most people probably wouldn’t have such a reaction, however other people I know had similar reactions. I didn’t even finish the pack also, very disappointed, stay away if you value your face!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These wipes are too small and dry; apart from that, they clean well, leave skin feeling nice and have a nice "Nivea" smell. Cheap too. I'd only repurchase if I was desperate and all the Simple wipes had gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by gemma3617

These wipes felt really dry to me, but they did remove my make up very easily and I didn't have to scrub hard to get it off. I have however, had some acne since I have started using these so I think they might be the cause of that. So I think I am going to dry a different product that doesn't break me out. But a good make up remover none the less.