December 18, 2014 | 1245 users online

Lip Treatments - Clinique - Superbalm Raspberry Tint

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would not recommend this lipgloss as a treatment for dry lips. After this product wore off, it left my lips even more dry. It also hurt to apply this lipgloss on slightly cracked lips, as it pulled and made the cracking worse. It's goes on the lips a bit tacky, like Vaseline but stickier and stiffer.

As for the raspberry color, take it or leave it. It barely shows up on my lips, so it might as well be a clear gloss. Subtle is an understatement. The texture smooth but thick, like stiff syrup. It has no added flavor or fragrance.

I don't think this works as a lip treatment or a lipgloss. It made my dry lips worse, and it was too heavy as a gloss. Despite the reputation it has, it didn't work for me, and I would not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product! I bought this years ago and just finished it up recently. My only complaint is that there is still a lot in the tube, but I can't squeeze it out, and it's too messy to cut it open. But other than that, I would definitely repurchase. This smells amazing, is glossy and makes lips look juicy, and gives a gorgeous sheer pinkish red color to lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by mynismo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have been buying Clinique superbalms for 10years and I absolutely love their formulas. It's a tinted lip balm that never dries out your lips, isn't sticky and super glossy. With this I never use lip balms or lipsticks anymore. Will keep buying for years to come and is the only thing I ever use on my lips (apart from lip liner occasionally).

Rasberry make my lips look like a rich red but not bright lipstick red. It also makes my lips look 'huge and juicy' as I had one guy put it. Great for a dressed up or night look, but on my NC42 skin tone I can't seem to pull it off as a day look.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by amyyy77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product due to the good reveiws it was a bit expensive for lip treatment but i was desperate to get rid of my dry lips I promise you it did NOTHING and after the product wore off my lips were even more dry !! i waited a few days maybe it takes time but my lips are sooo dry and cracked that they hurt still nothing from this treatment im quite upset dont know what to do with the rest of it the biggest waste of money ever. The reason i gave it a one is it looks alright when you put it on but it dosent even last :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by haleyanna19

Just came to sing praises about this stuff as well....it kinda cracked me up to see how many recent reviews this stuff has, because it's aGWP right now >.< haha...I got it in my GWP as well, and I fell in love. It has pretty much no color whatsoever on my lips, but it has a soft, smooth, what I would describe as buttery shine to it. It feels SOOO good. Slightly price-y (mine was 14.50) but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Who knew there was a balm out there like this? (Okay, everyone except me apparently). This is a glossy balm that adds great shine and moisturizes. I really want to try all of the other colors. This one just adds a hint of reddish/pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by loveoverload

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have no idea how much it costs as my aunty got it as a GWP and she gave it to me. Initial thought was that it was just a lipgloss... Failing to see the word 'balm' there. So I don't really put too much on. However, lately I've been trying to use up my lip products and this was when I can fully appreciate the glory of this balm gloss. It's fragrance free. If it's ina cold place it comes out kinda lumpy so it works best when the tube is warm. It IS sticky. And this gives me such a light natural pretty tint on my lip, not an overload of colour, suitable for it to be a balm. The best part of this balm is that you apply it on before going to bed and you wake up with amazingly smooth and sift lips!! :D I'm planning on buying the clear one for this purpose

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Craptastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Burns with the fire of a thousand suns. Seriously. This wrecked my lips and caused my lips to peel. I want to love it but can't. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by somethingnovel

I absolutely love this gloss! It is my "HG" gloss. It is not sticky, goopy, or runny at all. The color looks amazing on me, a very sheer light pink, perfect for everyday. It last a very long time as well, but even after it has worn off, your lips feel great. It has the typical tube applicator, which is excepted, but I feel like I am losing some product this way. The price is a little steep, luckily a little goes a long way and there are always free samples!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i always have dry & chapped lips. since i'm bored with applying my fave
Nivea lipbalm (blue tube),i wanted a very moisturising gloss and balm. this is like 2 in 1 product. it's moisturising & makes your lips so glossy. i wear this everyday. superbalm has this gel-like texture. this makes your lips luscious because of the high shine it provides.

colour: this looks like a raspberry color in the tube but verrrrry sheer on the lips. just makes your lips slightly brighter than the natural color.
it's like a translucent pink color.

stickiness: slightly sticky. but definitely less sticky than my MAC,BB and Revlon super lustrous glosses.

you also get a lot of product in the tube & the price is very reasonable compared to my other glosses.
always have this with me everywhere i go. a definite HG for me!