September 21, 2014 | 2064 users online

Eye Primer - Red Earth Cosmetics - Eye Make Up Base

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by DoMeOver

I don't know if this a review but I just like to share my love/hate relationship with this primer. Either I have weird eyelids or this primer just doesn't agree with me. First of, it's my first ever primer, I fell in love with it the first time I've used it since it did NOT crease my eyeshadows. And I thought that this was it! But to my utter disappointment, for 3 straight stressful exam days, I wanted this primer to redeem its HG status for my must-haves. When I just wanted to brighten my eyes from lack of sleep with just the primer itself, I had creases after the first period. Thinking that I needed to set it with some powder, I patted on my LM Loose Setting Powder. Fail. The crease was much more noticeable.
On the last day, which I have a night out after exams and no available primer at hand, I used it once more (yes, stubborn I am. :->) with eye makeup/eyeshadows again. And like the last time, no creasing at all. But I noticed it doesn't hold the eyeshadow for long hours, maybe just 4-5 hours?
So that's my experience with this primer. Perhaps someone can give me pointers or tips on how to use this properly?
Other than that, will not be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I got the 'Eye Perfection Primer' I brought it on accident thinking it was a concealer, I didnt realize till I got home that I grab the wrong product.
I love this eye primer alot, it held the eye makeup together quiet well, it brightens up my eyes a lot. It has such a smooth formula, which make applying it a lot easy. It is a cream to powder finish.
I love the way its package, as I alway do with Red Earth products.
I thought this product was very inexpensive compared to a lot of other eye primer that does exactly the same thig.
Will I buy it again? Definitely!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by ksychan

Love how this doubles up as an undereye concealer. It also helps to brighten up the eye area. Wish it was creamier in texture to facilitate application. It cakes under the eye area if not blended properly especially after applying powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by angelvivian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Hong Kong coz they ran out of it in my country!
It has a cream-to-powder texture, so application is not messy. It brightens up my eye area, but since I have single eyelids, creasing isn't an issue for me so I can't really say if this product prevents that. My lids aren't oily either, so with or without a primer, my eye makeup normally stays on for quite long. This doesn't quite make my eyeshadows pop (I use mineral makeup), but it does somewhat help them glide on easier. The packaging is cute and compact, and the addition of a mirror makes it quite convenient too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kristinteo

I got this "Eye Perfection Primer" for free when I bought 2 Illusion Lights Eyeshadow. Its original price is RM45, which is about USD13. You get 3g / 0.11oz of product in this sleek round silver case. It comes with a mirror inside, which I really like. It's quite a lot of product considering the tiny amount that I need to use.

The cream spreads easily, and dries to powder form, providing a matte surface for eyeshadow. It appears yellow beige on my skin, which is the exact match for my fair asian complexion, so I am not sure if it will work on tanned skin.

I use this daily to even out my uneven coloured eyelids and most importantly, to conceal my dark undereye circles! It works really well for those 2 functions.

It also does its job in bringing out the true colour of powder/liquid/cream eyeshadow!

However, the staying power of eyeliners and eyeshadows are not greatly enhanced. Even so for Red Earth's eyeshadow! They only last for about half a day or so, depending on the environment, then it started to smear. It smears even faster if I laughed too much! Well, I have oily lids.

I do not experience creasing since I have no crease anyway! I'm a monolid (with heavy lids) and I LOVE using it to brighten my eye area, so that I don't look tired and sleepy in the mornings.

Will find other ways to make my liners stay!

Edit: found another HG -> UDPP! Hence I'm not going to repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 7:01:00 PM More reviews by PattyG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yikes! This is now called Eye Perfection Primer and comes in a really nice sleek round silver case, a little larger than a silver dollar. I picked this up at Ulta the other day and have tried it twice now. The consistency is creamy and it's one color fits all. I'm returning this. Thank goodness Ulta has a 60 day return policy, but I digress. Two days in a row (I don't need to test anymore than that!) and this stuff has creased on my lids. It does not hold shadow. I don't crease when I don't use this so I know it's the primer. Back it goes and for $18.00 I will pick up something else. Don't bother with this. It doesn't do the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2003 9:08:00 AM More reviews by fuxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this eye base really does make the colour of your eyeshadows more vibrant. when used alone, it evens out your discoloured eyelid, making your eyes look brighter! =) contains fine specks of shimmer..very pretty! comparing this to clinique's touch base, this is definately much more easier to blend. i would perfer this over clinique's...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2003 1:05:00 AM More reviews by BerryDelicious

This is part of their new make up collection. Packaging is nice and simple: clear, slimline tube w a silver lid. This is my first experience with an eye make up base so....

It only comes in one colour, meant to suit all skin tones - I'm not sure if it would, it looks a light translucent beige to me, but suits my MMM slightly freckled skin brilliantly! The liquid consistency is perfect, not thick and not runny, though goes on thinly (so could be built on a bit if need be) and does not pull, drag or slide. It's got the softest shimmer to it, meant to diffuse the light away from dark circles, which is what I mainly got it for and it works pretty damn well for that to my surprise! I still use with bit of concealer though. You can also smooth it on right up to your eyebrows for a barely there highlight or just to even things out a bit. It stays on really well with me, but might slide off oilier skins without powder. Oh yeah, and as to it's quality as an eye make up base? I have no trouble with my Maybelline/Lancome/Covergirl liners staying on my lids, so I can't say, but I will experiment with my powder shadows. AUD$12