Shiseido Anessa - Mild Sunscreen (face) SPF 43 PA+++

4.3

WATER, CYCLOMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, CETYL OCTANOATE, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, METHYL GLUCETH-10, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE,SORBITAN SESQUIISOSTEARATE, QUATERNIUM-18 HECTORITE, SQUALANE, GLUTATHIONE,DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, THIOTAURINE, ZINC MYRISTATE, POTENTILLA ERECTA ROOT EXTRACT, SOPHORA JAPONICA ROOT EXTRACT, DEXTRIN PALMITATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALUMINUM DISTEARATE, ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, TRISODIUM EDTA, SILICA,TALC, ISOSTEARIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ZINC OXIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE,IRON OXIDES Active sunscreen ingredients are: ZINC OXIDE and TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 6/8/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Best I have ever tried and am allergic to most

Very expensive considering how much you get and use daily + neck area

but gr8 stuff

on 5/30/2011 2:46:00 PM

I purchased this on my trip to HK. Too bad they don't sell it in North America because this is the BEST sunscreen I've ever tried.

It leaves my skin looking naturally matte for the entire day. It does go greasy after a few hours like other sunscreens do. It is a great makeup base. I have no troubles wearing eyeliner and blush on top of it and it stays throughout the day.

The scent (if there is any) is very light.

I really don't know what to do when I finish using my tube. Anyone know whether the Sheseido sunscreen in North America in the Blue and Orange bottle gives the same finish?

on 12/30/2010 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is the only sunscreen I've found that stands up to summer humidity in Florida and it actually improves the wear of make-up. It's amazing, and I've tried a bunch of them. It's lightly tinted (so if you're fair like me, it's OK, but might be ghostly on darker tones). A Filipino friend of mine turned me onto this and it's unbeatable. Be prepared to work to get it off. I wish it were available here in the states! C'mon FDA, get with the program!

on 6/28/2010 8:48:00 AM

The product is overall very nice. It did not make my skin itchy or red, it is an excellent primer, and it provides a really good sun protection like other japanese sunscreens do. But I feel like there is too much silicone in it and it broke me out from the very first day and on the third day it broke me out so terribly i discontinued using it. Going to try silver one.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I LOVE THIS SUNSCREEN! So light weight and doesn't feel sticky. Doesn't make my skin shiny like other sunscreens i've used. Great for use as a makeup base and i love how this is sweat and waterproof! The part i hate is that this is pretty costly for a tube filled with 40g of product

I love this. :) my go to sunscreen every day under makeup or on its own. I have tried sunscreens from dior and chanel but this beats all hands down. The product comes in a small white tube thats sanitary and good for travel. Product comes in a light beige hue, on application, it does leave a very slight white cast that disappears within 3 minutes after its absorbed. This help to keep my face mat and makeup goes on smooth. I will buy and rebuy this!

on 3/13/2009 4:19:00 PM

THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT EVER!! I've used Clinique and Lancome in the past, but the former was way too dry and the later was way too greasy. Anessa on the other hand is just perfectly right for my combination skin. I've been using this product for about five years, and don't have any plans to switch to another product.
Since Anessa is a bit tinted, I use it as a makeup base, which saves me from the hassle of applying foundation everyday. The application might be a bit rough (unlike the Lancome products), but it really brightens up my skin and covers up my pores.

on 12/2/2007 12:08:00 PM

my new HG sunscreen for face. it's even better than my Ettusais (which only has SPF24 PA++), both texture and sun protection wise. i personally do not find the "white cast" a problem at all, as opposed to what some mentioned in their reviews. the sunscreen has a hint of beige-ish color in it and it doesnt go on like scary white. i like how it brightens my skin and lightens my skin tone. it's almost like a tinted moisturizer to me.

the second thing i love about this sunscreen is that it makes an excellent makeup base. seriously, this is the FIRST ever sunscreen that makes my super duper GIANT pores on my nose disappear upon application. and it stays matte for hours and hours. i usually need 5 Clean & Clear oil blotting films to get through the day. with this sunscreen i only need 2. it never happened! so there.

the third thing, and most important thing i like about this sunscreen is that it DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT. i'd been sticking to Ettusais sunblock for so long because i was afraid other sunscreens will break me out. thanks for all your inputs on MUA and i was finally able to make this leap and realized what a wonderful product this is.

remember, though, you need to moisturize, moisturize and moisturize before you put this on. otherwise your makeup is gonna flake.

on 10/19/2007 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It smells very nice, and it's light and non-sticky - very good for a sun screen. It is also the ONLY sunscreen I've used so far that keeps my face matte ALL DAY LONG. But it's just way too expensive for me to consider another re-purchase. I get a feeling I will be able to find something equally good but at a way cheaper price...(still haven't found one...=\)

on 12/26/2006 4:05:00 AM

My HG sunscreen is the Anessa SPF 30, but I've been looking to try higher PPD sunscreens given that I will be trying to introduce retinoids into my routine - am already using the Ystheal eye cream. The only thing I liked about this sunscreen included the matteness of it which worked perfectly under makeup. I recently discovered and started using emu oil which calms any irritation and provides a nice buffer against ingredients that might irritate. However I used this over my emu and it stung like hell going on. No redness initially but alot of stinging and slight itchiness. The stinging and itch went away after awhile, but when I removed the sunscreen at the end of the day I was irritated and a few small pimples had sprouted. The other thing that irked me was the white cast of this - most obvious when you first smooth it on and it kinda diminishes after a few hours. If this had worked for me I would also have been annoyed at how tiny the tube was - it seems like if you are religious about sunscreen application this tube might only last you 1 or 2 month max. Not for me.

Top Rated Shiseido Products