Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel

3.5

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Tocopherol, Vaccinium Myrtilus Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Auranium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance (Parfum).

This product can be hit or miss. If you can get over the unappealing smell and texture-- it feels and smells like gelatinous Elmer's glue, then you may appreciate the benefits of the product. After consistent use, my skin had a noticeably brighter complexion in the morning and was (dare I say) luminous looking. I can't recall if this was responsible for reducing acne (I use a variety of serums and SPF daily) but I never had an issue with zits. It was a lot more telling when I noticed my skin getting duller after a holiday or whenever I forgot to use it at night.

Use this if -- you don't mind icky texture and smells, and you're willing to consistently use it every night. This isn't a cure for acne or dull complexion, it only works if you use it everyday; and even then I read some people on here have a reaction to the ingredients so tread carefully? I may purchase this for myself, because I haven't found anything that can compare to this product yet; but my original container was a birthday gift.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I generally dont write a review for products that I use but I had to on this one. This is the WORST product I have used ever. I've never had one zit on my forehead ever but after using this for the past week, my whole forehead broke out like crazy (even on my temples - looked as if i had poison ivy) and so did under my eyes....ok?? I have very sensitive skin and the sephora lady assured me that it was 100% safe on sensitive skin, yeah right. I wasted 65$ on a jar I won't be using :(

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this because I suffer from small comedone type acne on my jawline and forehead. The girl at Sephora said it would make a world of difference in 2 weeks. I used it for 4 weeks and returned it. It did not do as promised. I've had much better luck with skinceuticals retinol. It wasn't bad, just didn't perform to my expectations for the price.

The invigorating night treatment was the first AHA I've tried and I think my skin likes it. At first it burned a bit but after using it a couple times a week for a few weeks it burned or "tingled" less. I feel like my skin always felt noticeably smoother the next day and maybe even brighter and more even complexioned, but that may have been wishful thinking. I think I would try this again but I've just learned about the world of AHAs so I'm going to try out a few others first.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I use the 3 set kit and have also used the other kits containing this treatment for over half a decade. I always go back to Ole Henriksen. These products make a difference and improve my skin texture and radiance with continued use. I actually have asphyxiated skin, which means it's primarily oily yet a layer of skin builds on top of it and I can't penetrate the lower levels of skin with products until I am able to remove these layers, and often times I have to go to a professional. I also deal with a lot of clogged pores. This product helps me save money and time by peeling for me and not having to get facial treatments every few weeks! It does the job perfectly and yes, I notice a huge difference! I use a clarisonic religiously and also exfoliate when necessary but it is never enough so I always return to these Ole products and within a couple days I feel so much more supple. No more flakey dry skin or breakouts! The problem is after this product does the job for me I think I'm "healed" and return to other products, sometimes for a year or more, but over time I realize it's primarily this kit that is resurfacing my skin. I should know better by now.

This is basically a very mild peel for your skin and I have been sensitive to this product before in the past, especially after my skin had resurfaced because of using it, so after a couple days or weeks I may or may not use this night gel every night. Tingling is expected with peels of any kind. I believe these are not harsh chemicals but rather more natural alternatives and that is a huge plus for me! I don't know why other reviewers are commenting about perhaps using this "Night Gel" during the day under makeup. That is not the purpose, and yes, it is a little tacky but I don't mind that while I sleep.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this gel sometimes as part of the Three Little Wonders trio. It is a decently functional set that treats areas of concern to an acceptable level. Though, the gel alone, I am not the most fond of. It makes my skin sensitive and feels thick but still leaves my face feeling somewhat dry. Perhaps this is better for someone with more oil in their skin.

This serum is supposed to help with fine lines and improve cell turnover. First off, it smelled like glue, which takes a few minutes to go away. The serum looks thick, but it's quite liquidy. I didn't notice any difference in my skin and I couldn't actually use it for more than two months. It seemed like the more and more I used it, the more and more the smell would get to me. It also leaves a sticky after feel. I'm glad that you only had to put it on at night because I think that I if I had to put it on in the mornings too, my make up would NOT stay on. I can say this, despite it's sticky and heavy feel, it didn't clog my pores, as I didn't break out. For $56 CDN for 1.7oz, I can't justify the price tag for no results.

I bought this in a sample trio at sephora. I couldn't tell you if this worked or not. I saw no difference in my skin whatsoever. I'm looking for a regime that will make my skin look good without makeup and this wasn't it. I didn't break out or anything negative, just nothing innately positive either. I will not buy this again.

Recently purchased Ole Henriksens' INVIGORATING NIGHT TREATMENT. One of many anti-aging treatments I've been testing on my face and neck area. I can't believe what I'm experiencing with this serum on my neck which I only use at bedtime. The lines on my neck aren't deep but they are certainly there. I'm surprised at how the lines are on the side of my neck have soften. To the front, it's working there too. Not a LIFT in my neck area of course, but a transformation just the same. Happily so. Use moisturizer after this serum if you have sensitive skin. Very pleased to have discovered this product now. Be patient, it's not an overnight miracle. For me, it's taken a month and I will continue with my work in progress !

This is simply not moisturizing enough to get the job done. I always have to layer this under another product and for the price, I think it should be a more complete product. Additionally, there are many other superior AHA products out there, such as REN Skincare products or the Body Deli products, that do a phenomenal job, offer a larger quantity of product and better results.