July 26, 2014 | 1518 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ole Henriksen - Invigorating Night Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Rubytree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Other reviews have described the product texture, ingredients, price & packaging in sufficient detail so I won't recap all that, instead I'll focus on my experience alone.
I have been using the Invigorating Night Gel for a couple of weeks now and so far I am very impressed. I use it two/three times a week, making sure never to use it two nights in a row. Application is simple and easy, I haven't had any problems with product balling up or flaking and I always follow it up with moisturizer - sometimes the recommended Sheer Transformation or any other simple moisturizer that is lying around. Here are the pros and cons, in my experience:
PRO: Easy to apply, not greasy, doesn't cause breakouts on my normal-dry, 38 year old skin. I wake up the next morning with smooth and shockingly clear skin. I have other skin problems that this product can't solve but it does everything it promises - "smoothing and refining the surface texture for noticeably firmer and smoother skin"
CON: The product causes noticeable 'tingling' soon after application and it lasts for up to five minutes at least. It might irritate my skin if I used it every night so I make sure to use it only every other day or even once every three days. The tingling might be intense for extremely sensitive skin but nothing that normal skin can't handle.
As long as I continue to see results, I will buy this product. It is more expensive than a lot of other exfoliating products but the fact that I can actually see results, makes it worth the price to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by kkvh5132

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is seriously the best product I have used in ten years or so. Despite being a beauty product junkie and hooked on Makeupally I never write reviews. I struggle with extremely clog prone skin which is oily but also tends to get very dehydrated. I've played with acids in the past, e.g. Peter Thomas Roth glycolic moisturizer, mandelic acid from GOW etc, glycolic acid masks and cleansers but somehow nothing really did it (probably also because finding a daytime moisturizer/sunscreen that doesn't break me out is very difficult). Anyways, I have been using this for 10 days or so and it makes a tremendous difference. I could feel a difference already in two days; skin was more clear and soft. Of course there are still some blackheads and whiteheads, but they don't pop up in a day like they used to. Also, I don't find this drying at all; I use it on its own, with no added moisturizer, and that's fine. I am so happy I found this! It is also a lot of product so will last a while. (By the way, for those with similar skin I have found that Clinique's new Superdefense in the oily formulation does not break me out, I also feel a big difference when using that and not something else).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by lsjoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. It does what it claims to do. How many products can you say that about? My face is glowing in the morning and my pores are reduced. It truly helps reduce acne overnight. The only issue I have is with the clear glass container. I wish it was in an opaque jar with a pump. So you must be really careful about contamination, light exposure, and breakage. Otherwise, for anyone who is sensitive, acne-prone, with combination to oily skin this product is an excellent night time treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by JillyBalboa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely smitten with this product!! Nothing has made my skin look this amazing in years! I use it before bed along with the sheer transformation. (Make sure you apply this first - let it dry and then apply the sheer transformation last). I wake up to luminous, clear, healthy looking skin!! I used to be prone to a lot of breakouts and am happy to say not the case anymore. I honestly think if I am getting a breakout this prevents it or clears it up almost over night. My only regret is that it didn't buy it sooner.. I also have a few noticeable dark spots on my face from previous blemishes and am happy to say after only a week of using this (along with the truth serum and sheer transformation) are almost gone!! My skin looks almost perfect again. I am hoping after a few more weeks they are completely gone. :) ! I have heard other people complain about the packaging (glass jars) but personally I like it! I can control how much I put on and will be able to use the entire jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by tbraun

Love this stuff! It is the best stuff ever! Anytime I try something new and I breakout I just put this on at night and by morning my face has started the healing process...no redness and my pimples are almost all gone...(A few stragglers here and there) but it's amazing!!! I love the feel of it on my face it is refreshing and doesn't feel the least bit greasy...I had been using a sample I had received but finally broke down and bought a full size and it is worth every penny!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love using this product. I love the feel of it as I'm applying it to my face, the super clean, slightly tight sensation as it's sinking in, and the smooth, soft finish after I've applied the OH Sheer Transformation Cream (these two are meant to be used together).

Yes, it stinks. In fact it smells like rotten apples in my opinion. I don't care, it dissipates quickly and is completely gone after I apply the OH ST cream. It is in a jar, but I like that because I can get all the product out and I don't have to worry about a pump dispensing too little/too much. And my hands are clean when I apply it so I think worrying about contamination is a little extreme.

I'm on my third jar of this stuff. It's got a gel like texture, so I just pat the surface a little with my finger and that's usually enough for one cheek. So two cheeks + forehead + chin/nose equals four pats for my whole face. That's very little product, and far from the goopy mess that some other reviewers are reporting.

I'm a repeat purchaser and will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination, not super acne prone skin. I have been using this every other night with the Sheer Transformation moisturizer. My skin tone looks much more even in the morning when I use this and my skin also feels super soft and smooth. I have never used anything else that leaves my skin this smooth in the morning.

However, I'm giving this product 3 starts because it's so unpleasant to use that I will not be repurchasing. I strongly dislike the smell and texture of the product. I hate that it comes in a jar. The gel is goopy so I'm always trying to get it on my finger and then on my face without it just dripping off into the sink. When you first put it on, there is a cooling and slightly tingly sensation, which I think actually feels quite pleasant, but as it dries, it makes my skin feel really tight. The gel doesn't ball up or anything like other reviewers of described, but when its dry, it feels like a mask, kind of like you're spreading a thin layer of egg whites on your face. After letting it dry for a few minutes, I put the moisturizer over it, which makes my face feel slightly better, but overall, it still feels like I'm going to bed with a ton of uncomfortable gunk on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Elizabethwright

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product makes my skin so soft and plump after I use it! I have sensitive skin so I only use this two or three times a week, but it's really helped to balance my dehydrated skin. I use the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum every morning, too, and the two of them together have worked wonders. I use only hydrating products in general, like cream cleansers and argan oil, and find that OH products work well with the combination of other products I use. Will definitely buy again even though it's pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by klz9297

Glowing skin at last!!!!! Awesome product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I have not been so enamored by a product in a loooong time. Wow! This product is Fabulous!!! Can't believe it took me so long to try it. It actually does what it claims. Ever since using this my skin has become so vibrant and smooth. I have a more youthful "glow", and I am lovin' it!. I must warn though, when you first apply it, you will feel like there is a sticky mask suctionong your face (I know, sounds bad)......I mean, it really does feel nasty like something that is gonna break you out or something (it won't) Don't worry though, it dries pretty fast !BUT! I also warn that it will leave your face with a tight feeling after it has dried. If you finish off with a face oil and or night cream like I do, you should be fine. For me, it is non irritating and works literally like some magic bullet. No BS, Every morning I wake up with beautiful even toned, smooth textured, bright skin....even with lack of sleep. It's crazy.....it's sooooo good. I will always have this in my beauty arsenal.

Ps. Wish it came in an air tight pump container though. And larger size.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No