October 23, 2014 | 1893 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ole Henriksen - Invigorating Night Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite from the 3 Little Wonders kit. I noticed a big difference in the texture of my skin right away. My skin felt soft, was less blotchy, and my pores were less noticeable. I use it under the Sheer Transformation creme to ensure my skin doesn't become irritated, but so far my skin is reacting well to it. I haven't experienced any breakouts or congestion. It is a gel which feels light. You don't need to use a lot. I concentrate it on my chin and forehead since those are my problem areas at the moment. I will most likely get the bigger jar once the pot from my kit is used up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Fitorexoxo

I like this product. It has a funny smell but I got used to to it. I use this at night after cleansing my skin. I put it all over my face even my under eye area. In the morning I wash it off and my face feels smooth. It has helped a little with acne red marks and at first it did seem like it was keeping acne away but this affect disappeared after continued use. I think my skin got used to it. I will probably keep using it because it does make my skin feel smooth but I wouldn't repurchase...there are so many other products to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by LiL_Laurie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the 3 little wonders set- it is a much better deal to buy in the set instead of individually.

Before I started using this product, i had been battling a 2 month long breakout that couldn't be controlled by benzenol perioxide or retinol so I had nothing to loose and was desperate for a new product to help.

Within a week my skin had cleared (in combination with the truth serum andsheer transformation. I have been using this product for about 3 weeks and my skin is totally clear, perfectly hydrated and healing up nicely. All the blemish marks are fading as well.

I don't like it in the jar, it is a light jelly so it would be better in a pump bottle. It goes on nicely and absorbs quickly without leaving a residue. I only use it only at night and feel hydrated enough to not need a cream after.

Since i bought this in a set and use it with the other products in the set I can't say for sure which product is the real miracle worker so i will continue to buy all 3.

To recap:
I was having terrible cystic acne and well as white heads prior to using this product and within a week the breakouts stopped and the healing began. Have not had a breakout since using. My face is perfectly hydrated, no flakes or oily areas. I am noticing anti aging results (i am 29 and felt like my skin was getting dull, i feel like a few years have come off already). My skin has been "plumped" and luminous.

I will continue to buy this product and would highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by tabitha75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this off and on for about 3 years now. Like so many products, I think it has a lifespan in that it works best when I haven't used it in a while. For a time it was an HG product in my regimen and then my skin acclimatized to it. I like to repurchase after several months of not using it.

That said, I've probably purchased it 4 times in 3 years. I see that they've recently repackaged it into a pump, which is AWESOME. My complaint with the packaging is that it's in a tub, so now they've corrected that.

The consistency is gel-like and it dries a bit tacky. I use it at night only and always finish with a light moisturizer. When I wake up in the AM my skin is brighter, smoother, more even-toned, and small blemishes are diminished. It's no miracle worker on its own, but it's a good one to use alongside a great serum and moisturizer at night.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Hibiscusaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for little over 6 months and I'll just start by saying I don't like it. It claims to "brighten and tighten" skin but I haven't seen any noticeable changes. I use this about 4 nights a weeks and I dread putting it on everytime. A little goes a long way. But the texture to me is very thick and it doesn't absorb into my skin. It kinda just sits on top of my skin leaving a super tacky, heavy, thick feeling that leaves a tingle and always makes my nose itch. Yes weird. And when I wash my face the next morning it feels like a slug trail all over my face, and I don't see any "brightning or tightning". I wouldn't mind the slug trail feeling if at least I noticed a difference in my skin. But this product is an all around no for me. Plus the packaging is an open glass jar which is unsanitary in my opinion and will break if it falls. Why don't higher end companies use squeeze tubes or pumps with their products? ugh super irrahs.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by francophile88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for just under week as part of the Three Little Wonders set. I wanted to add my review to say I have REALLY acne prone skin, and contrary to some other reviewers this has not broken me out at all. In fact, I have been seriously impressed by the effect the three products are having on my skin - I'm not sure which is the real hero or if they all work together, but my under-skin congestion is definitely less, burgeoning blemishes have gone down and my acne scars have improved by about 30% already. I'm definitely going to continue using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample from sephora that was forced in me by a chick telling me it will help my pores and de congest my skin and it broke me out over night! I was devastated! Didn't work for me might for you

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Euphrosyne

Iíve been using Ole Henriksenís Invigorating Night Gel every day for half a year. For the first three months, I used it at night like the product was intended. Eventually, I started using this during the day because it was pretty gentle. I didnít experience any sensitivity despite the acids. In fact, the product didnít change my skin whatsoever. Having used prescription acne creams all my life, this gel just wasnít strong enough. It neither worsened or improved my pore, acne, or pigmentation issues. I felt like I was rubbing viscous vinegar on my face. At $54 CAD a jar, this was pretty disappointing.

[Overall rating 1.0 | Price 1.0 | Packaging 1.0 | NO, I will not repurchase]

Iíve since started experimenting with Paulaís Choice AHA and BHA products and like them much better. Theyíre half the price and come in a pump bottle which helps keep the ingredients stable. My skin is definitely smoother and my cheeks glow. Will continue playing around with their different lines to find the % that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Rubytree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Other reviews have described the product texture, ingredients, price & packaging in sufficient detail so I won't recap all that, instead I'll focus on my experience alone.
I have been using the Invigorating Night Gel for a couple of weeks now and so far I am very impressed. I use it two/three times a week, making sure never to use it two nights in a row. Application is simple and easy, I haven't had any problems with product balling up or flaking and I always follow it up with moisturizer - sometimes the recommended Sheer Transformation or any other simple moisturizer that is lying around. Here are the pros and cons, in my experience:
PRO: Easy to apply, not greasy, doesn't cause breakouts on my normal-dry, 38 year old skin. I wake up the next morning with smooth and shockingly clear skin. I have other skin problems that this product can't solve but it does everything it promises - "smoothing and refining the surface texture for noticeably firmer and smoother skin"
CON: The product causes noticeable 'tingling' soon after application and it lasts for up to five minutes at least. It might irritate my skin if I used it every night so I make sure to use it only every other day or even once every three days. The tingling might be intense for extremely sensitive skin but nothing that normal skin can't handle.
As long as I continue to see results, I will buy this product. It is more expensive than a lot of other exfoliating products but the fact that I can actually see results, makes it worth the price to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by kkvh5132

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is seriously the best product I have used in ten years or so. Despite being a beauty product junkie and hooked on Makeupally I never write reviews. I struggle with extremely clog prone skin which is oily but also tends to get very dehydrated. I've played with acids in the past, e.g. Peter Thomas Roth glycolic moisturizer, mandelic acid from GOW etc, glycolic acid masks and cleansers but somehow nothing really did it (probably also because finding a daytime moisturizer/sunscreen that doesn't break me out is very difficult). Anyways, I have been using this for 10 days or so and it makes a tremendous difference. I could feel a difference already in two days; skin was more clear and soft. Of course there are still some blackheads and whiteheads, but they don't pop up in a day like they used to. Also, I don't find this drying at all; I use it on its own, with no added moisturizer, and that's fine. I am so happy I found this! It is also a lot of product so will last a while. (By the way, for those with similar skin I have found that Clinique's new Superdefense in the oily formulation does not break me out, I also feel a big difference when using that and not something else).