December 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ole Henriksen - Invigorating Night Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I LOVE Ole Henriksen products in general. I've tried many samples of this product, but there's probably a reason I haven't sprung for the full sized version of this. I do like it, and use it all up every time I get another sample of it, but do not think of it as a must-have. I feel it's generally a run-of-the-mill serum in which it does smooth over pores and improve my complexion overall. I generally wear this before bed under a moisturizer after cleaning but have also worn it under makeup. If it is followed by a moisturizer, there shouldn't be any problem with this. It is a gel, and yes, it does have a slight tightening effect. However, I feel this is the case with really any gel skincare product (most likely because of the alcohol in them?), or in this case glycolic acid. Definitely worth checking it, but nothing you can't live without!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Out of the three little wonders, this one is my absolute favorite. It really deep cleaned my pores, softened and smoothed my skin, and balanced it out. It brightened my skin and really made me look more awake. You have to use a moisturizer with it, don't skip that step! Otherwise it'll make your face oily. The only downfall is the price. I actually use Alpha Hydrox AHA at night and get generally the same results for half the price. But I honestly would prefer Ole Henriksen because it's more light weight and really seems to make my skin radiate. So if you can dish out the extra $30 go for it! If not, I'd try Alpha Hydrox.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by JALT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as part of the 3 Little Wonders kit and hated it--I only used it a few times and then passed it on. It is a gel consistency in a pot so it's difficult to get out but a little goes a long way. Other than making my skin feel very tight, I didn't see any effects. I certainly would not use it every night as it felt harsh. I would recommend its use at night because when I tried to apply makeup over top, it rolled up into little pills all over my face. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite from the 3 Little Wonders kit. I noticed a big difference in the texture of my skin right away. My skin felt soft, was less blotchy, and my pores were less noticeable. I use it under the Sheer Transformation creme to ensure my skin doesn't become irritated, but so far my skin is reacting well to it. I haven't experienced any breakouts or congestion. It is a gel which feels light. You don't need to use a lot. I concentrate it on my chin and forehead since those are my problem areas at the moment. I will most likely get the bigger jar once the pot from my kit is used up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Fitorexoxo

I like this product. It has a funny smell but I got used to to it. I use this at night after cleansing my skin. I put it all over my face even my under eye area. In the morning I wash it off and my face feels smooth. It has helped a little with acne red marks and at first it did seem like it was keeping acne away but this affect disappeared after continued use. I think my skin got used to it. I will probably keep using it because it does make my skin feel smooth but I wouldn't repurchase...there are so many other products to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by LiL_Laurie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the 3 little wonders set- it is a much better deal to buy in the set instead of individually.

Before I started using this product, i had been battling a 2 month long breakout that couldn't be controlled by benzenol perioxide or retinol so I had nothing to loose and was desperate for a new product to help.

Within a week my skin had cleared (in combination with the truth serum andsheer transformation. I have been using this product for about 3 weeks and my skin is totally clear, perfectly hydrated and healing up nicely. All the blemish marks are fading as well.

I don't like it in the jar, it is a light jelly so it would be better in a pump bottle. It goes on nicely and absorbs quickly without leaving a residue. I only use it only at night and feel hydrated enough to not need a cream after.

Since i bought this in a set and use it with the other products in the set I can't say for sure which product is the real miracle worker so i will continue to buy all 3.

To recap:
I was having terrible cystic acne and well as white heads prior to using this product and within a week the breakouts stopped and the healing began. Have not had a breakout since using. My face is perfectly hydrated, no flakes or oily areas. I am noticing anti aging results (i am 29 and felt like my skin was getting dull, i feel like a few years have come off already). My skin has been "plumped" and luminous.

I will continue to buy this product and would highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by tabitha75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this off and on for about 3 years now. Like so many products, I think it has a lifespan in that it works best when I haven't used it in a while. For a time it was an HG product in my regimen and then my skin acclimatized to it. I like to repurchase after several months of not using it.

That said, I've probably purchased it 4 times in 3 years. I see that they've recently repackaged it into a pump, which is AWESOME. My complaint with the packaging is that it's in a tub, so now they've corrected that.

The consistency is gel-like and it dries a bit tacky. I use it at night only and always finish with a light moisturizer. When I wake up in the AM my skin is brighter, smoother, more even-toned, and small blemishes are diminished. It's no miracle worker on its own, but it's a good one to use alongside a great serum and moisturizer at night.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Hibiscusaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for little over 6 months and I'll just start by saying I don't like it. It claims to "brighten and tighten" skin but I haven't seen any noticeable changes. I use this about 4 nights a weeks and I dread putting it on everytime. A little goes a long way. But the texture to me is very thick and it doesn't absorb into my skin. It kinda just sits on top of my skin leaving a super tacky, heavy, thick feeling that leaves a tingle and always makes my nose itch. Yes weird. And when I wash my face the next morning it feels like a slug trail all over my face, and I don't see any "brightning or tightning". I wouldn't mind the slug trail feeling if at least I noticed a difference in my skin. But this product is an all around no for me. Plus the packaging is an open glass jar which is unsanitary in my opinion and will break if it falls. Why don't higher end companies use squeeze tubes or pumps with their products? ugh super irrahs.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by francophile88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for just under week as part of the Three Little Wonders set. I wanted to add my review to say I have REALLY acne prone skin, and contrary to some other reviewers this has not broken me out at all. In fact, I have been seriously impressed by the effect the three products are having on my skin - I'm not sure which is the real hero or if they all work together, but my under-skin congestion is definitely less, burgeoning blemishes have gone down and my acne scars have improved by about 30% already. I'm definitely going to continue using this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample from sephora that was forced in me by a chick telling me it will help my pores and de congest my skin and it broke me out over night! I was devastated! Didn't work for me might for you