Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel

3.5

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Tocopherol, Vaccinium Myrtilus Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Auranium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 2/27/2015 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like Ole's products and thought I would give this a try after success with other AHA based products, but this is unfortunately a miss for me.

The gel is a nice consistency and I quite like the smell, but as others have said it is tacky. This makes it difficult to apply additional products on top of it, such as a nourishing night cream (which I love as a last step). I did try it without anything on top, and although it didn't dry my skin out I still didn't see any real benefit.

PROS: No breakouts/ rashes etc. (Although it does sting for a few seconds, different to the normal AHA 'tingle'. This contains glycolic acid and lactic acid (although unsure about the percentages and PH?!) and NO alcohol.
CONS: Nothing magical happened for me, and I do question how long the active ingredients survive in a jar? (This was the 15 ml size from the three little wonders set.)

So so formula, but without results I won't repurchase this when it runs out. (There are better AHAs out there for the same price.)

on 2/26/2015 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought a kit with 7 small items. Not having used Ole Henriksen products before, I have done research and found pretty good reviews. Good enough to make me want to try the set. I like the fact that you get 7 products to try out, it's a nice concept.

Onto the invigorating night gel... I only used it twice. I could not use it any longer. First night it was fine. It burned a little, but nothing too bad. Second night (last night), it burned quite a bit on my chin and upper lip (I have a few breakouts on my chin). It was quite bad, so I eventually washed it off my chin and upper lip area. This morning my skin was sensitive... After cleansing with the cleanser that came in the set (African tea foaming cleanser) my skin looked red on my forehead! I never looked red on my forehead. My skin still burned during the day and right now it still burns a little on my chin... I only used a tiny bit so I was not expecting it to be this uncomfortable.

However, I didn't feel the tackiness others reported. I guess this is because I only used a tiny bit. I believe you really need to be shy when using this considering it's a treatment and not a moisturiser.

I think this product is too strong. It put me off before I can use it long enough to see any (positive) effects. I used it as instructed (under the Sheer transformation which is also in the set) but no luck: it irritated my skin and made me feel like it's burning my skin. 1 lippie because it absorbed easily...

on 2/9/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Since I have very oily skin, this product ended up being a great choice for me. It wasn't too heavy at all, and my skin always felt soft in the mornings. The scent wasn't particularly memorable, and I'm guessing that's a good thing. On the other hand, for people with dry skin, I'm not sure this product would be moisturizing enough. I bought this as part of the "3 Little Wonders" set, and the night gel complimented the Truth Serum well (I didn't end up using the Sheer Transformation Creme much since it made my skin too greasy).

on 2/9/2015 12:30:00 AM

I purchased this like 6 months ago and was using it regularly for a month then for some reason became lazy and stopped and what I noticed first was that my skin became dull and even with makeup didn't look as great. Then I started using it again and even without makeup my skin is glowing! So I now know that this is a really good product because that's the only thing I've changed in my routine. It's only been a week and I'm seeing the difference. My skin is getting more even again already!

on 1/9/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

FINALLY SOMETHING THAT FADES MY CHEST ACNE SCARS/ HYPERPIGMENTATION
I got this in the 3 little wonders set when sephora opened in sydney last month, and omg am i glad that i bought it. It has faded my dark marks on my chest in only a week.
HOWEVER only spot treat. When i applied it all over i broke out horribly, so only spot treat at nighttime and apply sunscreen if going out.

on 12/28/2014 7:41:00 PM

Over time, this seems to be working in terms of helping smooth out my skin. Does not irritate.

on 12/27/2014 12:57:00 AM

I bought this as part of the 3 little wonders. The gel base is nice as it is light but it's not moisturizing enough for someone with drier skin. The good news is I didn't break out from trying something new and I used up the entire jar. I only gave it 2 lippies because I did not notice any significant differences in the overall appearance of my skin.

on 11/24/2014 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE Ole Henriksen products in general. I've tried many samples of this product, but there's probably a reason I haven't sprung for the full sized version of this. I do like it, and use it all up every time I get another sample of it, but do not think of it as a must-have. I feel it's generally a run-of-the-mill serum in which it does smooth over pores and improve my complexion overall. I generally wear this before bed under a moisturizer after cleaning but have also worn it under makeup. If it is followed by a moisturizer, there shouldn't be any problem with this. It is a gel, and yes, it does have a slight tightening effect. However, I feel this is the case with really any gel skincare product (most likely because of the alcohol in them?), or in this case glycolic acid. Definitely worth checking it, but nothing you can't live without!

on 11/21/2014 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Out of the three little wonders, this one is my absolute favorite. It really deep cleaned my pores, softened and smoothed my skin, and balanced it out. It brightened my skin and really made me look more awake. You have to use a moisturizer with it, don't skip that step! Otherwise it'll make your face oily. The only downfall is the price. I actually use Alpha Hydrox AHA at night and get generally the same results for half the price. But I honestly would prefer Ole Henriksen because it's more light weight and really seems to make my skin radiate. So if you can dish out the extra $30 go for it! If not, I'd try Alpha Hydrox.

on 11/15/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got this as part of the 3 Little Wonders kit and hated it--I only used it a few times and then passed it on. It is a gel consistency in a pot so it's difficult to get out but a little goes a long way. Other than making my skin feel very tight, I didn't see any effects. I certainly would not use it every night as it felt harsh. I would recommend its use at night because when I tried to apply makeup over top, it rolled up into little pills all over my face. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Popular Treatments (Face)